Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • judithray6
    • By judithray6 6th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    judithray6
    Reclaim PPI from an IFA
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    Reclaim PPI from an IFA 6th Sep 17 at 10:18 PM
    I have tried to reclaim PPI from an IFA who sold me PPI when I remortgaged my house. I wrote to him direct and he replied saying that I was willing to take it out. I have not pursued the matter any further. Can I try again? Thanks.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 6th Sep 17, 10:21 PM
    • 19,243 Posts
    • 9,361 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:21 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:21 PM
    Why would you "try again"?

Your complaint was over back when it was rejected the first time.

Unless you have compelling new evidence not in your original complaint?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Sep 17, 11:00 PM
    • 89,436 Posts
    • 54,899 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:00 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:00 PM
    I have tried to reclaim PPI from an IFA who sold me PPI when I remortgaged my house. I wrote to him direct and he replied saying that I was willing to take it out. I have not pursued the matter any further. Can I try again? Thanks.
    Originally posted by judithray6
    A PPI complaint against an IFA is rare. The PPI issue is not one that really affects IFAs as IFAs put in place standalone cover (which is how PPI should be set up - ie. not built into the debt)

The stats for PPI complaints against IFAs are tiny and the uphold rate on those is also very small as well.

IFAs are usually able to provide audit trails on their advice that a bank can only dream of. In your case, it is also a MPPI you are referring to. One of two types of PPI that see more complaints rejected than upheld. So, you have the least missold PPI product sold to you by the most reliable distribution channel. Anything is possible but the odds are against you.

So, why do you think it was missold?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • judithray6
    • By judithray6 7th Sep 17, 4:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    judithray6
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:09 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:09 PM
    I did not know what the direct debit coming out of my bank account was for. It rolled on for a few years and when I rang the company they told me it was PPI. I stopped the direct debit immediately.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 7th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 89,436 Posts
    • 54,899 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:26 PM
    I did not know what the direct debit coming out of my bank account was for. It rolled on for a few years and when I rang the company they told me it was PPI. I stopped the direct debit immediately.
    Originally posted by judithray6
    None of that is a reason for complaint though I'm afraid.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

626Posts Today

5,929Users online

Martin's Twitter