Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wysling
    • By wysling 6th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wysling
    Benefits advice
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    Benefits advice 6th Sep 17 at 10:01 PM
    Hello I am receiving Esa and PIP until my renewal 2022 but I am worried about contacting them as I have changed my name and worried it will trigger a new claim as it took a long time to get it I suffer with multiple sclerosis any help and advice would be appreciated
Page 1
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 6th Sep 17, 10:06 PM
    • 1,351 Posts
    • 1,199 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:06 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:06 PM
    Hello I am receiving Esa and PIP until my renewal 2022 but I am worried about contacting them as I have changed my name and worried it will trigger a new claim as it took a long time to get it I suffer with multiple sclerosis any help and advice would be appreciated
    Originally posted by wysling
    It wouldn't trigger a new claim. The reason's for your name change could affect your ESA claim, if you're now married, if so are you on Income Rleated ESA or Contribution based? or did you have partner and are now seperated. Was it a joint claim?
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 7th Sep 17, 7:57 AM
    • 3,874 Posts
    • 3,943 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:57 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:57 AM
    If you have simply decided that you wish to be known by a different name you will need to write to ESA / PIP and let them know. If it's a change by Deed Poll, enclosed a copy of the relevant paperwork.
    • Placitasgirl
    • By Placitasgirl 7th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    Placitasgirl
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:41 AM
    If your name change is due to a "change of circumstances" then you are obliged to report this.
    • nannytone
    • By nannytone 7th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 12,147 Posts
    • 18,022 Thanks
    nannytone
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    your ESA claim will not run until 2022. the maximum award length is 3 years
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,363Posts Today

6,930Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin