Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bartym
    • By Bartym 6th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Bartym
    Which Bank ?
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    Which Bank ? 6th Sep 17 at 9:40 PM
    I took out a car loan in 2000 which I believe included PPI. Unfortunately I can't remember which financial institution.

Is there anyway to identify which bank I took the loan out with in 2000 ?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 13,189 Posts
    • 13,504 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    Only from your memory or paperwork.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    • 89,515 Posts
    • 54,965 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:01 PM
    I took out a car loan in 2000 which I believe included PPI. Unfortunately I can't remember which financial institution.
    Banks retailed personal loans. Car dealers retailed car loans.

So, in your case, with it being a car loan, you would complain to the car dealer. In most cases (other than own brand finance) the car dealer would not consider your complaint as you bought it before the dealer was regulated.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Bartym
    • By Bartym 6th Sep 17, 10:38 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Bartym
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:38 PM
    Badly worded.....
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:38 PM
    It was a bank loan for a car.....sorry
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 8th Sep 17, 1:14 AM
    • 1,524 Posts
    • 720 Thanks
    Mersey
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:14 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:14 AM

Is there anyway to identify which bank I took the loan out with in 2000 ?
    Originally posted by Bartym

You could check your credit history.

Clear score is one of a couple of free firms that show the past few years of searches on your file; but, you usually have to pay a small fee to Experian for historic data.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 8th Sep 17, 5:49 AM
    • 7,344 Posts
    • 4,766 Thanks
    -taff
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:49 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 5:49 AM
    ?

Clearscore get their info from Equifax don't they? WH don't hold more than sis years of credit info?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,634Posts Today

6,301Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin