Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • donnalou
    • By donnalou 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 467Posts
    • 404Thanks
    donnalou
    Moving out of rented accommadation
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    Moving out of rented accommadation 6th Sep 17 at 9:35 PM
    Hi There,

I'm in rented accommodation with a large garden. The garden has been really well looked after and we have also put down paving areas, for sheds, seating areas etc. My question is when we move should we remove the slabs and returf/ grass etc or leave them and if we leave them will money be take out of our deposit to put it back to how it was? I deal directly with my Landlord who has always been great, but they do pay an agency a finders fee and to do a complete detailed inspection of the property for new tenants.

Any advice would be appreciated

Donna
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 6th Sep 17, 9:43 PM
    • 41,060 Posts
    • 47,170 Thanks
    G_M
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:43 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:43 PM
    What did your landlord say when you asked permission to put down the slabs etc? Did you get his agreement in writing?

I'm guessing you did nither, so, why not ask him now? He may want you to remove the slabs, or he may agree you can leave them. No one here can predict his response.
    • Dorian1958
    • By Dorian1958 6th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Dorian1958
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:48 PM
    Technically speaking you should reinstate as before. However, you appear to have made an improvement (in your opinion) so as you get on well with and are able to deal directly with the landlord, then go and discuss with them. The agency works for the landlord and the LL can tell them what has been agreed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,871Posts Today

8,219Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin