Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • trinity_enigma
    • By trinity_enigma 6th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    • 468Posts
    • 793Thanks
    trinity_enigma
    Potential Moron Alert!! Evidence Pack
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:10 PM
    Potential Moron Alert!! Evidence Pack 6th Sep 17 at 9:10 PM
    I have received an email from POPLA stating the parking firm has uploaded their evidence and to follow a link to view the evidence. I have followed that link and logged in but then I can't find the evidence anywhere. Looking on here it seems the company should have sent the evidence directly to me but I haven't received that yet.

Before I email POPLA to say they haven't sent it, I wanted to check I wasn't missing anything stupidly obvious.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 15,492 Posts
    • 19,575 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:12 PM
    I believe it was changed recently to allow operators to upload their evidence pack to the popla site , possibly like you did

in which case I dont believe it would be sent directly to you any more

so it should be on the popla site when you log in

if not , contact popla and ask why you cannot view it (not why it wasnt sent)

where on here does it say it should be sent to you ?

and how old is this information ?

here is what the popla site actually says in point #4

Track the progress of your appeal

Track the progress of your appeal online
    A further benefit of submitting your appeal online is that you will be able to track the progress of your case. After you have submitted your grounds for appeal, the parking operator will upload its evidence to the POPLA portal and you will be able to log in and view this evidence online and make any comments on the evidence it has provided. Once you have provided your comments, your appeal will be passed to one of our assessors to consider and make a decision. We will then inform both sides once a decision has been made.
    Last edited by Redx; 06-09-2017 at 9:16 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • trinity_enigma
    • By trinity_enigma 6th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    trinity_enigma
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    Well like all good users I checked the Newbies thread and did a word search for evidence pack to see if anything came up and I probably read between the lines a bit but I thought this bit read as though it would be sent to me.

"What if I do not receive my POPLA evidence pack?

POPLA tells us that the operator is expected to show their evidence to the appellant. If the operator doesn't send it to you quickly after POPLA get their copy, email POPLA back within days of them telling you they have seen the evidence and copy in aos@britishparking.co.uk putting the POPLA code/name of parking firm & PCN number in the subject line"

I can't see anywhere obvious that the evidence would be and I did get my OH to check too and he can't find it so I will email POPLA to say I can't view it.

Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 15,492 Posts
    • 19,575 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:20 PM
    excellent

looks like CM may have to amend that NEWBIES sticky thread yet again, its in constant flux and the capacitor needs changing
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • trinity_enigma
    • By trinity_enigma 6th Sep 17, 9:58 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    trinity_enigma
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:58 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:58 PM
    Out of interest do you think if the car park company have messed up and not actually uploaded the information they meant to will they get the chance to resubmit? When I submitted my appeal it obviously said that once sent I would not be able to amend it however if I had made a genuine error I would have liked them to give me the chance to remedy it (whether they would or not is a different story entirely).
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 6th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 7,288 Posts
    • 7,440 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    do you need the internet to do a POPLa appeal ?

many people have not got and do not use the internet , POPLa still accept written appeals sent by royal mail?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 1:51 AM
    • 49,972 Posts
    • 63,364 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:51 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:51 AM
    excellent

looks like CM may have to amend that NEWBIES sticky thread yet again, its in constant flux and the capacitor needs changing
    Originally posted by Redx
    Will do!

Quite right, it needs that change done...

I will email POPLA to say I can't view it.
    Good plan, exactly the right thing to do.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• trinity_enigma
    • By trinity_enigma 7th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 468 Posts
    • 793 Thanks
    trinity_enigma
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    For reference in case anyone has the same issue, I emailed popla and they have emailed back attaching a pdf with the evidence and have amended my time to respond to start from the date of that email.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 15,492 Posts
    • 19,575 Thanks
    Redx
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    good , so it was just a glitch on their part then

good to know

and now you have highlighted the incorrect info earlier it seems CM will fix it , so good news all round
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

95Posts Today

1,602Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin