Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Datchet
    • By Datchet 6th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 210Thanks
    Datchet
    Getting Back on Track After Summer Holidays?
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    Getting Back on Track After Summer Holidays? 6th Sep 17 at 8:52 PM
    Anyone in the same boat? Back after a holiday and 'flabbergasted' by the bathroom scales and broken by bank-balance?! Although I'm cycling a bit & thinking about diet- it's hard to let the summer go!

Tips and encouragement welcome
    "Is it that the future is so uncertain, the present so traumatic that we find the past so secure? " Spike Milligan
Page 1
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 6th Sep 17, 11:20 PM
    • 15,228 Posts
    • 123,571 Thanks
    JackieO
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:20 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:20 PM
    I too have put a bit on my tum and took a lot off my bank balance but just booked next years holiday on the IoW again and determined to run down my freezer instead of keep buying more, so far this month have spent a whopping £15.26 on fresh fruit and veg and a few groceries ,no more shopping needed until the middle of next week hopefully and no more cuppa with a biscuit on the beach now until at least next August
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Datchet
    • By Datchet 8th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    Datchet
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 6:38 PM
    Ok- back in track in small steps: souped all spare garden veg for lunches- stewed garden plumbs & rhubarb 4 breaky! Not drinking anything but home-brew stuff & ordered winter firewood from best cheapest source.

Also selling stuff on buy swap sell. DW also tried out brand new aldi store today!

Call it 30% back on track!
    "Is it that the future is so uncertain, the present so traumatic that we find the past so secure? " Spike Milligan
    • Tink_04
    • By Tink_04 8th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 793 Posts
    • 3,796 Thanks
    Tink_04
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    I love the routine of back to school! Breakfast and tea menu sorted for the kids and looking forward to soups and casseroles!

Really skint too but back to scrimping and making do - had to pay for all the kids clubs starting again after the holiday so could have done without that but at least it's done now till after Xmas .... I'm not even thinking about Xmas!!!��
    P.A.D challenge 2017
    £2 savings challenge
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

609Posts Today

5,921Users online

Martin's Twitter