Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • popemon
    • By popemon 6th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    popemon
    didnt have cash and unable to pay by phone
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    didnt have cash and unable to pay by phone 6th Sep 17 at 8:39 PM
    Hello there,

I visited a car park run by Napier parking at the weekend (anpr car park). I had cash for parking, but it was a hot day and needed to buy drinks. before i spent the money i checked the machines which said i could pay by phone, so i spent the money. when it came to paying, after texting the number, i found out it was to pay by card over phone. i dont have a card, i assumed it would be using credit from my phone to pay. i tried to call the customer service number but no answer so i left. was just about to email them to explain the situation, but thought id check here first. should i do that? or wait for PCN and appeal it? nb. im not the RK of the vehicle.

thanks all
Page 1
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    • 10,204 Posts
    • 9,348 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:49 PM
    This has got to be one of the weirdest posts I have come across. Forgive me, but I am still smiling and thinking about an old Monty Python where John Cleese asked if someone could Fax him a pint of milk. I am obviously an old dinosaur.

The bad news is that Napier can be terriers and sometimes own the land.

Please start by reading the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 1:45 AM
    • 51,562 Posts
    • 65,177 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:45 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:45 AM
    LOL! Wait for any PCN, warn the keeper about it. Hope this isn't a lease car where they will just pay?

The good news is, Napier used to be hot on claims but recently have used BW Legal = useless!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

28Posts Today

4,250Users online

Martin's Twitter