Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennypincher3562
    • By pennypincher3562 6th Sep 17, 7:38 PM
    • 2,082Posts
    • 3,394Thanks
    pennypincher3562
    Plevin Cardiff Pinnacle/Alliance Leicester Mortgage Payment Protection
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:38 PM
    Plevin Cardiff Pinnacle/Alliance Leicester Mortgage Payment Protection 6th Sep 17 at 7:38 PM
    Hi

I've watched Martin's video on the Plevin topic, however am still not 100% sure as to whether I'm eligible for a PPI refund.

I took out Mortgage Payment Protection around 2008, and paid into it for around 6 years. The mortgage was from Alliance and Leicester, and the insurance provider Cardiff Pinnacle.

I don't believe that I was mis-sold the PPI. I actively sought it out as I had just just changed jobs, and it was period of 'financial uncertainty' for me.

Can I try a Plevin PPI type claim for the above, or am I wasting my time?

Thanks.
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 89,468 Posts
    • 54,938 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:51 PM
    an I try a Plevin PPI type claim for the above, or am I wasting my time?
    Almost certainly wasting your time.

Technically, mortgage PPI is not covered under the plevin ruling for mortgages taken out after October 2004. Only mortgages before that date. However, in the FCA publication, it was acknowledged that the vast majority of regular premium PPI (that is the good type) is below the 50% tipping point.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

191Posts Today

1,514Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin