Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 6th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    • 44Posts
    • 8Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    Persimmons - Pulling out from the Solicitors which Builder advised
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:29 PM
    Persimmons - Pulling out from the Solicitors which Builder advised 6th Sep 17 at 7:29 PM
    Hi guys,

We have currently paid the Reservation for the new build plot in our area and we have notified the cabin (at the Persimmons builders site) that we wish to go with Mcvey & Murricane in Glasgow Scotland

I'm having second thoughts and I'm starting to read websites and people stating do not use the Solicitors which the Builders have advised

I don't know what it is, but I just get the feeling I should pull the plug and use one of our local town Solicitors.

Can anyone please advise at what stage you can terminate the dealings with the Solicitor, namely Mcvey and M.

Also would I get charged for pulling out? We are now at the stage, through Emails, the offer documents from our builder.

Something else which has popped up which we were neve told about was a Builders Documentation Fee @ £230, this is what has alerted me, and makes me think what else will we be asked to pay for which we haven't been told about
    Last edited by saxo_appeal; 06-09-2017 at 7:31 PM.
Page 2
    • m0bov
    • By m0bov 7th Sep 17, 4:18 PM
    • 1,048 Posts
    • 704 Thanks
    m0bov
    Dont be blackmailed by them, just mail the solicitors that you are using another firm. You have not paid them, so unless you signed anything there is no contract. Find a good local firm.
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 7th Sep 17, 4:27 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    I have asked M0bov

This was their reply

"
    Yes there would be fees to what has been provided, I will check with my manager/accounts team what is due to be charged.

I have escalated within the company the options as the missive is concluded."

Are you in Scotland M0bov? maybe different rules

This company deals with everything done by Email so it's not like a walk in local Solicitor
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 7th Sep 17, 4:38 PM
    • 5,777 Posts
    • 5,530 Thanks
    davidmcn
    "I have escalated within the company the options as the missive is concluded."
    Originally posted by saxo_appeal

This doesn't make sense as your missives aren't concluded. Maybe they're still mixing you up with the other folk?!
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 7th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    So if I reply to them asking,

What will I say so they have to give me a clear answer, if the Missives aren't concluded?

Is there anything I can check to see with the paperwork so far from them by EMail?
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 7th Sep 17, 4:53 PM
    • 5,777 Posts
    • 5,530 Thanks
    davidmcn
    Just appoint your new solicitors and ask them to sort it out.
    • saxo_appeal
    • By saxo_appeal 7th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    saxo_appeal
    Ok I asked them what stage we were at

Asked them: I was under the impression we were at the conditional missive and not that the Missive had been Concluded

"This is a conditional missive that has been concluded, which is subject to you receiving your mortgage offer. The missive will be a full missive when the mortgage offer is received"

I am starting to get confused !!

Why can't it just be like buying a Car ...
    Last edited by saxo_appeal; 07-09-2017 at 5:15 PM.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 7th Sep 17, 5:35 PM
    • 5,777 Posts
    • 5,530 Thanks
    davidmcn
    Ok I asked them what stage we were at

Asked them: I was under the impression we were at the conditional missive and not that the Missive had been Concluded

"This is a conditional missive that has been concluded, which is subject to you receiving your mortgage offer. The missive will be a full missive when the mortgage offer is received"

I am starting to get confused !!

Why can't it just be like buying a Car ...
    Originally posted by saxo_appeal
    Generally speaking - solicitor will get offer from builders' solicitor, copy it to you, you go through it with them so they can explain to you what it all means, if you're happy to conclude the contract you tell them and they then conclude missives. It didn't sound to me that you've done all that - unless your partner has without telling you?!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,877Posts Today

8,414Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin