Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • immuno
    • By immuno 6th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    • 172Posts
    • 52Thanks
    immuno
    Youtube
    • 6th Sep 17, 6:44 PM
    Youtube 6th Sep 17 at 6:44 PM
    Hi guys,

Does anyone on here post videos on Youtube? Do you find it worth it in terms of the money? I know that people often have to post regularly for quite some time in order to start generating income. I've had a look at the figures on Social Blade, but do people often earn somewhere in the middle..? For example, it often says £100-2k, which is quite a difference!
    I'm aware of Adsense and partnerships, etc...just wondering how long it'll take to make a reasonable amount of profit (eg. £300/month), by posting only once a week or so.

thanks
Page 2
    • Credit-Crunched
    • By Credit-Crunched 11th Sep 17, 10:32 AM
    • 2,073 Posts
    • 4,073 Thanks
    Credit-Crunched
    Youtube revenue has plummeted as of late.

The system they use to recommend videos pushes all but the top youtuber's to the bottom of the pile.

Any slightly off the norm content and your video is instantly demonitized.

Lots of large ad companies have pulled their youtube budgets as there were videos on youtube that they did not want to be assocaited with.

I am sorry to say, but I think that you have missed the boat.

If you are doing it for a hobby and enjoyment, then I would say that is best. If you happen to make some money off it, then that is a bonus.
    • footballgirl07
    • By footballgirl07 12th Sep 17, 1:34 PM
    • 1,006 Posts
    • 2,571 Thanks
    footballgirl07
    I agree with Credit-Crunched, YouTube is sinking thanks to recent controversies involving a big name YouTuber. Advertisers do not want to be involved anymore.

Have you thought about Twitch? It isn't just a videogame streaming site anymore. They have an IRL section, so within the rules, you can create any content. You will have to grind to get viewers and make yourself stand out but if it is something you really want, worth a go.
    2015 goal from online stuff: £900
    Currently at: £633.05/£900
    2014 goal: £1256.85/£800 Goal reached 29/9!
    2013 goal: £973.30/£500 Goal reached 31/7!
    • Startup1985
    • By Startup1985 14th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Startup1985
    I make videos following my journey in my hobby of metal detecting and treasure hunting. I just basically film myself out metal detecting with a few other adventure trips mixed in. I stopped posting around 7 months ago due to buying my first home and my hobby having to take a back seat.
    Prior to that I had been making videos for around 12 months and had amassed around 4000 subscribers. This was bringing in around 40-70k views per month which was equating to £60-90 per month in Adsense revenue.
    I wish I had the time to carry it on as my subscriber count was snowballing and I was was gaining around 15 subs per day with a growing view count as well.
    Along with the ad revenue I was picking up sponsorship deals and always testing new metal detectors which I was allowed to keep at values of around £500-700 each!
    Then just after we moved in I got an email from an American production company offering me a place on a show they were making about hunting for treasure in old buildings here in the uk after viewing my YouTube channel. Due to time constraints and work commitments I had to decline the offer but it does show what potential there is in YouTube ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,163Posts Today

6,063Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin