Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ahmsbelkz
    • By Ahmsbelkz 6th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 3Thanks
    Ahmsbelkz
    Declined everywhere I go
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    Declined everywhere I go 6th Sep 17 at 5:07 PM
    Hi guys, I am severly depressed as I cannot get a frickin bank account anywhere. I was a victim of fraud which took place on my bank account a year ago and now I feel like im drowning in a dark hole.

I am working on getting my name removed from CIFAS but it just seems a very long and stubborn proccess.

Every high street bank dont allow me to even open the simplest of accounts. And the bad news is I tried to open a cashplus prepaid account just to get my wages sent in and even they denied me. I am depressed and frustrated and feel like I have no meaning anymore.

What do I do?
Page 3
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 7th Sep 17, 8:12 AM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 3,156 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    It seems if there is fraud on an account, banks will automatically register a category 6 first party fraud loading with CIFAS regardless.

It's then up to the customer to complain and get them to overturn the decision to a victim of fraud category.
    Originally posted by Ed-1
    I can confidently state that this is not the case. If you've got a cat 6 loading, you're going to have done something naughty - forged cheques, obvious money laundering, pay at pump fraud etc.

For what it's worth, I've also never heard about a blanket prohibition on third party salaries being paid into accounts, but I imagine that would lead to some "interesting" discussions with the tax/benefits authorities were it to come to light, and you'd need to trust the other person a lot as legally when the money hits their account, it's theirs.
    Last edited by JuicyJesus; 07-09-2017 at 8:15 AM.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

293Posts Today

1,499Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin