Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • david1946
    • By david1946 6th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    david1946
    best browser for Quidco
    • 6th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    best browser for Quidco 6th Sep 17 at 4:48 PM
    Is there a browser that I could exclusivly use for Quidco that does not entail me keep turning off add blockers and pop-up blockers etc.?
    Currently I use Firefox, Edge and Chrome and I keep having to change the settings to use Quidco.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 6th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    This isn't a browser issue - the same complaints about ad-blockers being detected will apply regardless of what you use. Adverts are how sites like these make their money and a lot of them, not just Quidco and friends are using code to either hide the content or show "turn off your blocker" messages when they detect one is running.

You could just use Edge for QuidCo in its default state with no add-ons...
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 6th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    • 7,536 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    esuhl
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:46 PM
    All you need to do is use a separate browser profile. This will have separate add-ons, bookmarks & cookies.

Have one profile with your ad-blockers, etc. for normal browsing, and one profile without any add-ons and using default browser settings to use Quidco.

https://www.howtogeek.com/139705/how-to-use-multiple-browser-profiles-in-any-browser/
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 6th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 2,695 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    Adblocker (ABP) settings => disable on this site

Done
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • poppy10
    • By poppy10 7th Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    • 5,878 Posts
    • 7,122 Thanks
    poppy10
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:18 AM
    Adblocker (ABP) settings => disable on this site

Done
    Originally posted by AndyPix
    Not really
    Disable on this site will disable adblocking on quidco.com only. Quidco will usually redirect you to an affiliate tracking site before sending you on to the retailer. If the adblocking has only been disabled on quidco.com then it will still block the cookies from the affiliate site and you won't get your purchase tracked
    This post is sponsored by MoneySupermarket
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 7th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 2,695 Posts
    • 1,830 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 11:21 AM
    ^^ Ahh - understood - Thanks for the info, I dont use Quidco so wasnt aware of that mechanism
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • tonyh66
    • By tonyh66 8th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 980 Posts
    • 718 Thanks
    tonyh66
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:15 PM
    im having the same problems with Quidco and Topcashback, some redirects are blocked. Have tried Chrome,Firefox and IE10/11 without any sucess. I think it is a Windows 10 thing......
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 8th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 2,480 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    RumRat
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 1:59 PM
    im having the same problems with Quidco and Topcashback, some redirects are blocked. Have tried Chrome,Firefox and IE10/11 without any sucess. I think it is a Windows 10 thing......
    Originally posted by tonyh66
    If some are blocked and some are not, I doubt it's a W10 thing. Handy to have it to blame though....
    I don't use Quidco, but, whenever I have any site blocked for, whatever reason, there is always a message or indicator saying why it's blocked and by what.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • fiendishlyclever
    • By fiendishlyclever 12th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    • 420 Posts
    • 157 Thanks
    fiendishlyclever
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 8:38 PM
    Just use an incognito window and set your ad blocker to be disabled in incognito mode. I always open one for big purchases to make sure I haven't hit any other referral links, for example Hotdeals inserts referral links.
    • globetraveller
    • By globetraveller 12th Sep 17, 8:45 PM
    • 2,054 Posts
    • 11,834 Thanks
    globetraveller
    I have a browser which is only used for quidco. Much easier. Have had over £1000 cashback and only one denied- which was entirely my fault.
    weight loss target 23lbs/49lb
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 12th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 7,536 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    esuhl
    Originally posted by tonyh66
    Have you tried using a clean browser profile?
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Sep 17, 1:40 AM
    • 25,723 Posts
    • 10,221 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Using uBlock Origin and NoScript i know all about hidden links that websites have when forwarding you and keeping you tracked.

Sometimes even clicking allow this repeatedly wont have the site working properly. In the code for a brief second it would try and connect to another link to see if you have a blocker installed.

Its a competition between the advertising companies and the blockers.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 13th Sep 17, 5:12 AM
    • 7,536 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    esuhl
    Using uBlock Origin and NoScript i know all about hidden links that websites have when forwarding you and keeping you tracked.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    You might want to check out RequestPolicy.

When NoScript allows a domain, it also allows that domain to load content and run scripts on other domains. RequestPolicy allows you to choose on which third-party domains scripts should run.

https://www.requestpolicy.com/faq.html#faq-noscript

Sometimes even clicking allow this repeatedly wont have the site working properly. In the code for a brief second it would try and connect to another link to see if you have a blocker installed.

Its a competition between the advertising companies and the blockers.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    I don't know. I think it's more likely that it's poor coding and bugs, and a general problem with the way that multiple add-ons interact with each other that's to blame.

I think that's why Firefox is being overhauled.
    • Strider590
    • By Strider590 13th Sep 17, 7:04 AM
    • 11,548 Posts
    • 6,462 Thanks
    Strider590
    Removed NoScript a long time ago, it kept complaining about cross site scripting and it was impossible to stop, many sites (even Google and eBay) would hang the browser for anything up to 15 minutes. It also used to screw up online banking and any payment sites, as you'd have to reload the site and you'd then get kicked off.
    I put up with it for years, until I read somewhere that it wasn't much use anymore.

Also with ABP, some sites, like ITV Player, will refuse to work even if you turn it off, I have to watch ITV player on my laptop, because my PC won't load videos, as the site knows I previously used ABP, where on the laptop I added the site to ABP before visiting it.
    They tell you to clear cache and cookies, but seriously screw that, i'm not entering all my passwords again on hundreds of sites.............
    Last edited by Strider590; 13-09-2017 at 7:07 AM.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin