Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • therealdsg
    • By therealdsg 6th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    therealdsg
    UKPS ticket
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:31 PM
    UKPS ticket 6th Sep 17 at 3:31 PM
    Afternoon all,

I recently parked in a leisure centre carpark and received a ticket as the space I parked in apparenlty wasn't actually a space (despite cars always being parked in it and no signage saying no parking) so I have appealed accordingly.

They've written back to aknowledge my appeal and further advise that:
    "In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please can you provdie a copy of the driver's name and full address to our Appeals Department within 14 days of the date of this letter"
    "Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the previous information received; at this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided"

This seems odd. I use the car as a company car so don't really want my name attached to it. Do I have to provide this information and will not providng this affect my appeal?#
    I'd be grateful of any advice people can give.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    • 15,502 Posts
    • 19,590 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:34 PM
    never , NEVER reveal who was driving

ignore this letter and wait for the rejection and popla code to arrive

ps:- there is nothing "odd" about it

its the sc@mmers way of trying to get the drivers details
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • therealdsg
    • By therealdsg 6th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    therealdsg
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:42 PM
    Thanks Redx - I shall write back to them requesting they handle the appeal based on the evidence provided.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 3,186 Posts
    • 3,225 Thanks
    DoaM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    Just ignore them and wait for the inevitable appeal rejection. Engaging in tit-for-tat emails/letters serves no purpose.

Just to clarify ... what is the exact name of the parking company? Both incarnations of UKPS are IPC member according to the BMPA, so no POPLA option. Yet the reply you've received mentions POPLA so the parking company can't be UKPS.

http://www.bmpa.eu/company_guide_t_to_z.html
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 1:01 AM
    • 50,024 Posts
    • 63,417 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:01 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 1:01 AM
    It's UKPC with that standard 'who was driving?' wording, totally as expected from UKPC.

To the OP, please do an advanced edit of your thread title - it isn't UKPS. Detail, detail, detail!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin