Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 6th Sep 17, 2:07 PM
    • 491Posts
    • 177Thanks
    beardiedog
    Nottingham Building Society
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:07 PM
    Nottingham Building Society 6th Sep 17 at 2:07 PM
    Has anyone experience of how long it take NBS to transfer funds out to an external bank supposedly by Faster Payments next day?

They still haven't appeared in my other account and it's already been 24 hours.
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 6th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 5,800 Posts
    • 5,684 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:40 PM
    Although Faster Payments directly between main high street clearing banks are often instantaneous or close to it, the transfers from building societies (via other banks) are often significantly slower and closer to the mandated timescale of (end of) next working day, so if you initiated a transfer yesterday then it should arrive by the end of today.
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 6th Sep 17, 2:54 PM
    • 491 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    beardiedog
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:54 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:54 PM
    Thanks, I'll check again this evening
    • beardiedog
    • By beardiedog 7th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 491 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    beardiedog
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    The transfer wasn't there when I checked at 10.30pm last night but had appeared in my account by this morning
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,960Posts Today

8,214Users online

Martin's Twitter