Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • obay
    • By obay 6th Sep 17, 12:31 PM
    • 322Posts
    • 191Thanks
    obay
    credit card for house purchase?
    • 6th Sep 17, 12:31 PM
    credit card for house purchase? 6th Sep 17 at 12:31 PM
    I found a good house to buy (not so locally) but close enough to warrant a second house purchase, the house is purchasable at £30,000. I have £7500 already so I only really need £22,500 to fund this purchase. (I have £1k for legal also).

Can anyone tell me what card I should have to be able to fund a house purchase? That the balance doesn't need to be paid off in a month and has a 0% interest period? with the monthly payments low?

I'm looking to pay back £250-£300/month including interest, hoping someone has anything that can help me with.
    1/12/16 - £152,599.00
Page 2
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 7th Sep 17, 8:02 AM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    Amex don't do cash transfers, even on offer. They certainly won't be offering 0% as they simply do not like cash advances period.

There is no Amex card with a 0% (or lower interest) cash advance/money transfer offer.

The best bets are Barclaycard & MBNA for low interest cash advances/money transfers, but no-one will offer the amount you are looking for individually!
    Originally posted by stevenhp1987
    I'd add Virgin to that list. 2 or 3 money transfer cards could do it for many people, but the issues and additional debt highlighted so far make it very unlikely that the op would qualify.
    • phillw
    • By phillw 8th Sep 17, 5:10 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    phillw
    Why do you have £7500 to put towards a house when you have £15k of debt ? Look for a second house when you have no debt and spare cash.
    Originally posted by meer53
    It depends on what interest rate that £15k is. If it's on 0% credit cards then it's not bad to have savings. I'm not overpaying on my mortgage anymore because the rate is so low & instead I am saving

If he thinks he can get 20k on a 0% then I don't see why he wouldn't have the £15k on 0% too.
    Last edited by phillw; 08-09-2017 at 5:15 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,643Posts Today

6,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin