Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • A. deeley
    • By A. deeley 6th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    A. deeley
    PCN by Premier Parking Logistics
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    PCN by Premier Parking Logistics 6th Sep 17 at 11:50 AM
    Hi
    I was issued a PCN on 2 Sept by Premier Parking Logistics for failure to pay for a parking ticket in a Birmingham car park area ( essentially a ground floor of a knocked down and cleared building ). I have parked there before.

Unfortunately I was not aware of these issues until I read MSE today so I am asking advice on how to proceed. The details of my case are below.

Parked on 2 Sept 17. I used via my iPhone the telephone payment system to pay for 3 hours parking at a cost of £1.90. Unfortunately for some unknown reason the the payment did not go through and I was unaware of this. Upon return I found a PCN issued. The PCN charge is for £100.00 reduced to £60.00 if paid within 14 days.

Due to naivety I emailed an appeal with my name and address on 2 September. I included a screen shot of my call history as proof that I made the call and text that the company texted me my car Registration number as Indetification.

Also on 4 September I telephone the company to explain and I also company to offer £5.00 as payment without prejudice.

Both my appeal to PPL and my offer have been rejected.

My issue is that PPL does not offer a confirmation text for proof of payment. A friend who parked at the same time as me on 2 Sept used the telephone system and he did not hear anything about receiving a confirmation text either.

So my appeal defence was that without an automatic confirmation text you don't know if you have paid or not. PPL insist that the confirmation text is an option given on the telephone payment method. On my previous visits I did NOT receive a confirmation text either.

On 6 Sept I received a letter from PPL confirming my appeal was unsuccessful and offering me the optio of appealing to the IAS. This costs £15.00.

My limited understanding is that that the company ( PPL) can only claim earnings lost through non payment. In my case £1.90.

I have read through the various threads and standard guidance posts but nothing seems to be suitable if you HAVE already appealed and given PPL or other like companies your details.

Advice on how to proceed would be most welcome.
    AD
    PS my naivety defence is based on th fact I recently had to sort out for my aging parents parking tickets issued by Birmingham CC and the PPL PCN looked exactly the same. 😇
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 15,423 Posts
    • 24,118 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The fact was IF they had of taken me to court my defence which I was basing off the Main page was useless. I was not prepared to take the risk of being that 1% who lost when I was probably 50% to blame anyway. Hanging on to the paper work for 6 years with a poor defence made no sense.
    So you think this man, who has rustled up a few signs and a ticket machine, is entitled to take £60 of your money (£75 before income tax!) even though you failed to purchase a ticket for a much smaller amount for parking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387286/Clamping-boss-Walton-Wilkins-claims-10m-impounding-cars.html

And do you honestly think he would want to go anywhere near a courtroom and a judge?

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Parking_Logistics
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 7th Sep 17, 4:52 PM
    • 7,632 Posts
    • 7,881 Thanks
    pappa golf
    So you think this man, who has rustled up a few signs and a ticket machine, is entitled to take £60 of your money (£75 before income tax!) even though you failed to purchase a ticket for a much smaller amount for parking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387286/Clamping-boss-Walton-Wilkins-claims-10m-impounding-cars.html

And do you honestly think he would want to go anywhere near a courtroom and a judge?

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Parking_Logistics
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    I believe the chappy has a couple of unpaid CCJs against his name , was,nt a financial ambush planned for him a while back?
    • A.deeley
    • By A.deeley 7th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    A.deeley
    Well ukomaas

Have you read my posts fully? Obviously not. If I failed to purchase a parking ticket correctly then I am at fault.

If you check, the courts have upheld larger fines by PCN because 'fair' is open to debate. Therefore I was not prepared to take the 1% risk of losing when my defence was weak. As I understand the law my case would of be heard on its merits not the what the Daily Mail write.

If Mr W of PPL is as stubborn as me he would of kept quiet for 5,years and then taken court action. Doing delayed action is a good and well know tactic.

Of course I'm not happy about paying £60.00 but as I said sometimes its smart not to pick a fight. When I know my grounds are firm to solid I fight as .I have in the past.
    A
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    If I failed to purchase a parking ticket correctly then I am at fault.
    I disagree. That is a very simplistic view. Many people fail to buy a ticket due to reasonable reasons. Broken ticket machines, confusing signs, unable to find a parking space or broken down. These are reasons that crop up here regularly.

The ppc don't care if you have a genuine reason. In fact some go out of their way to catch people out. It doesn't always make you wrong.
    This space for hire.
    • A.deeley
    • By A.deeley 7th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    A.deeley
    Wanno

I attempted to buy a parking ticket using the PPL telephone purchase system. Due to the poor system and possibly MY inattention I failed to complete the process correctly.

In this instance I hand on heart cannot say it was 100% the fault of the PPL phone system as I used the system before to buy parking tickets at the same car park. The signage in this car park are very clear as is the machine location.

Do I think the 'fine' issued of £60.00 for a missed £1.90 fee 'unfair'? Yes I do. But I will take ownership for my mistake. Mr W and PPL maybe the biggest cons in the UK but in this instance I was possibly at fault.

Am I prepared to go through all the hassle for £60.00 when I possibly made the error? No, I will be more careful next time. Oman expensive lesson on my part.

To repeat the advice on here was of help. Thank you.
    A
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Sep 17, 5:28 PM
    • 15,423 Posts
    • 24,118 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Have you read my posts fully?
    Of course I've read your posts (and whole thread) fully since you posted yesterday. I read every thread and post that crops up here, as I have done for almost 5 years. (I'd love just a penny for every post I've read, I'd be almost as rich as The Deep!). I do that because of the injustices that are being perpetrated against the British public by an out of control industry, replete with ex clampers, some former criminals, Trade Bodies that support only their members to the detriment of consumers and a DVLA that treats the security of my, your and everyone else's personal data with total indifference.

I do know what I'm posting/advising about, I don't post 'lightly', for example, just to rack up a post count! Every bit of advice i give is considered.

Honestly, you would never have had to pay this charge.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 5:34 PM
    • 51,427 Posts
    • 65,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Andrew, can you show me a link to the exact pages you read, on the MSE main site, was it an article, and/or the template rubbish appeals they provide?

Just wanting to review the right page.

MSE Megan and MSE Andrea, and previously, a while back, MSE Marcel asked me for feedback on an update, and ou views have been given lot of times to the powers that be, here. We know what we are doing and I think they know that, but can't quite peel themselves away from their templates that have the wrong focus completely!

The main thing is not to name the driver and not to pay, but none of that is made clear by MSE last time I looked and they kept wittering on about mitigating circs...

So, which pages did you find, please?
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-09-2017 at 5:36 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,174 Thanks
    Quentin
    Hi waano

Actually Quinton advised the opposite. He said my case was poor.

I gave an accurate and clear account. The only minor inaccuracy was the £15.00 IAS charge which did not affect my case.

The payment of the PCN was only made after reading the answers to my post. I've stated quite clearly why I paid the PCN.
    A
    Originally posted by A.deeley
    Well..... Quentin advised that the defence you suggested using (which you had cribbed from the MSE article) of mitigating circs that you were an honest citizen/won't do it again/first time offender had no chance.

And I regularly kept pointing you to the right place to look for a proper defence and realise that any appeal was futile!
    • A.deeley
    • By A.deeley 7th Sep 17, 5:50 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    A.deeley
    Wanno
    I appreciate you know what your talking about. I applaud your stance and passion in the fight against injustice.

As said before from advice on hear people have a 99% success rate in winning against PCN. To win you have to go through a lot of potential hassle. I know because I've fought similar but not PCNs before and won. I've also had to fight to get my money back and won, so I do know what's involved.

Now I took the view that with a weak defence, the potential hassle and length of time it was just not worth it to me at this time. Life is currently stressful enough. Especially as I was possibly at least half to blame.

With the best will in the world. No one, not even you can gaurentee 100% I would not have to pay the fine. Even if it's 99% as mentioned before that leaves 1%. It's that 1% I was not prepared to risk.

If I was convinced I was 100% in the right I would have fought the ticket to the death on point of principle. But I'm not convinced I'm more than 50% in the right.
    A
    • A.deeley
    • By A.deeley 7th Sep 17, 6:06 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    A.deeley
    Wanno

Unfortunately the forum will not allow me to post a link.

I found the advice on the main page. I used the search function and searched by typing' PCN ' then I scrolled through the search results. It was in the page that came up under mitigating circumstances

Hope this is of help

Regards
    A
    • A.deeley
    • By A.deeley 7th Sep 17, 6:12 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    A.deeley
    Queiton

I did take your advice and read your suggestions and links. I just took my decision I did for the reason I have explained.

I do realise you and others on here are not a 'silver bullet' and I was not asking for you to do it for me.

In this incidence i jus did not have the time,energy or zeal needed over something I was possibly partly to blame for.

As before, I appreciated your help
    A
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Sep 17, 6:13 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 2,495 Thanks
    waamo
    If you post a link but change the http part to hxxp someone can change it to a live link for you.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 6:16 PM
    • 51,427 Posts
    • 65,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    With all your different spellings of Quentin, waamo and Umkomaas, which come across as deliberate as they are all wrong, it seems you are on a wind up...one never knows when a person says they paid a PCN, which no-one here ever does.

Such threads could just be a diversion, saying fighting it is too hard, 'pour encourager les autres'.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-09-2017 at 6:19 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Sep 17, 6:29 PM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,174 Thanks
    Quentin
    This thread does seem to be getting unnecessarily bumped by the op!
    • A.deeley
    • By A.deeley 7th Sep 17, 8:02 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    A.deeley
    Hi Coupon and All

This will be my last post.

I thank you all for your help and advice it was extremely useful.

There has been no attempt to 'bump' this thread to the top. I didn't know that Happened as I'm viewing via the email link to responses not via the main menu. In posting on this thread I was merely replying to the posts of others. So a question and answer exchange

The mis spelling of names is due to three things. Slight dyslexic, iPad auto correct and the way the thread views on an iPad means the names don't follow on the page sometimes. You will note the occasional capital misplaced letter due to the iPad inserting it.

For the record I would recommend anyone getting issued a PCN to contest using all the advice given here. Majority maybe 99.9% of these are issued in an unprofessional and unfair way as a means to generate money for the issuer.

As for my PCN. As I've stated I felt I was probably 50% to blame because I probably didn't pay attention whn buying the parking ticket. That's MY fault and in MY current circumstances I didn't feel like fighting something For which I was partly to blame. Call it fair play, stupidity or honesty. You choose.

My original post was because the main page and the forum gave conflicting advice. All the advice I was given in the forum was looked into and researched before I made my decision.

I've always been polite in my posts and replies. I was also replying to statements or questions from what seemed Moderators. I've Always tried to give accurate information and corrected it on the one occasion I did post wrong data.

So if you think I'm trolling, bumpering up or trying to dissuade others from fighting just completely delete me post including the Original post. If you think I'm a troll just ban me.

Once again thanks for the original advice. It was very useful.

Regards
    A
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,563Posts Today

7,491Users online

Martin's Twitter