Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 6th Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    • 6,287Posts
    • 19,195Thanks
    Doc N
    Salt tablets for a water softener - prices?
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    Salt tablets for a water softener - prices? 6th Sep 17 at 11:39 AM
    Probably time for an update on this one.

Any suggestions for best prices for free nationwide delivery of salt tablets for a water softener?

25kg bags of Aquasol, Hydrosoft, Salt of the Earth, and similar brands - expensive individually, but around 20 bags (half tonne) seems to get the price down to a more reasonable figure.

Best price for 20 bags looks to be around the £150 mark, delivered - anyone got a better price?
Page 1
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 6th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 35,881 Posts
    • 151,091 Thanks
    silvercar
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    It would if you said whereabouts you are. I thought i paid about £130 for 20 bags delivered from Simply Salt. They deliver to London and home counties.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 6th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 6,287 Posts
    • 19,195 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:42 PM
    It would if you said whereabouts you are. I thought i paid about £130 for 20 bags delivered from Simply Salt. They deliver to London and home counties.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Thanks - I imagine it's a bit cheaper in London and the south-east because there's more competition. £130 seems a good price.

My reference to nationwide delivery, rather than mentioning a specific area, was simply to open the price discussion up to the whole country.

Area prices are very welcome, though. It all helps to get an idea of what's possible when negotiating a price.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

286Posts Today

3,566Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin