Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 6th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 4,156Posts
    • 2,825Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    Paypal email on selling form
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    Paypal email on selling form 6th Sep 17 at 11:37 AM
    It's been a little while since I last sold on ebay and I've noticed they've change the selling page.

I now have to select Paypal as a payment option and write my email address in everytime. Is there any way to get it to remember my email address?

It's annoying to have to keep typing it and double check it's right. Always used to check before when it was automatically added, but there was little chance it was going to be suddenly wrong. Very easy to miss a typo though when doing a number of listings.
Page 1
    • Pun
    • By Pun 6th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 499 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    Pun
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:23 PM
    Go to 'sell an item' and then click on 'Set up a template'. Use the template to incorporate your e-mail address and any other 'standard' info such as returns policy etc. Save the template and then use that as your starting point each time you list an item.
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 6th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 4,156 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:38 PM
    Go to 'sell an item' and then click on 'Set up a template'. Use the template to incorporate your e-mail address and any other 'standard' info such as returns policy etc. Save the template and then use that as your starting point each time you list an item.
    Originally posted by Pun
    Thanks! Never thought to use the template option.

Don't understand why they've changed it when they've always forced people to use Paypal. Seems odd to change that bit.
    • Chrishazle
    • By Chrishazle 6th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    • 429 Posts
    • 240 Thanks
    Chrishazle
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    Possibly because it used to remember the email address from the last item you listed for sale - fine if you're a regular seller, but causes problems if you're an occasional seller and have (been forced to, thank you EE) changed email address since your last sale - and when creating the listing did not notice that it had your old Paypal email instead of the new one. Guess how I know?? Listed half a dozen items, didn't notice for a couple of days (when I went to edit a couple of them), could not edit the email address on 3 items as they already had bids on them. Fun and games at auction end, can't use Ebay checkout / send an invoice, have to use Paypal invoice - for which you need buyers email address, which can't be sent through ebay messages!! Thankfully the 3 buyers involved all had phone numbers showing with their address, so managed to get everything sorted.
    • Flyonthewall
    • By Flyonthewall 6th Sep 17, 6:45 PM
    • 4,156 Posts
    • 2,825 Thanks
    Flyonthewall
    • 6th Sep 17, 6:45 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 6:45 PM
    Possibly because it used to remember the email address from the last item you listed for sale - fine if you're a regular seller, but causes problems if you're an occasional seller and have (been forced to, thank you EE) changed email address since your last sale - and when creating the listing did not notice that it had your old Paypal email instead of the new one. Guess how I know?? Listed half a dozen items, didn't notice for a couple of days (when I went to edit a couple of them), could not edit the email address on 3 items as they already had bids on them. Fun and games at auction end, can't use Ebay checkout / send an invoice, have to use Paypal invoice - for which you need buyers email address, which can't be sent through ebay messages!! Thankfully the 3 buyers involved all had phone numbers showing with their address, so managed to get everything sorted.
    Originally posted by Chrishazle
    I bet a lot of people will now type their email addresses wrong and not realise. Plus some will use templates and still forget to change their email addresses when needed. I imagine there will be at least as many, if not more issues with that than there were before with emails.

It wouldn't make sense to change it just for some sellers who may change their emails and not do so on a listing. So yeah, could be the reason!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

738Posts Today

5,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin