Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andykb
    • By andykb 6th Sep 17, 9:57 AM
    • 27Posts
    • 19Thanks
    andykb
    Mortgage after DMP
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:57 AM
    Mortgage after DMP 6th Sep 17 at 9:57 AM
    Hi,

we've been out of our DMP for just over 2 years and we are slowly rebuilding our credit file and are nearly tagged as 'good' in the majority of searches i subscribe to.

Question is has anyone in a similar situation managed to get a 'good deal' from the high street on a remortgage.

We've been to an IFA who is recommending companies i haven't heard of and are at similar rates to what I'm currently on so not much of an advantage to us so I'm sticking with the one i have currently.

I do recognise we will still be classified as a 'risk' but we do have money to put into a remortgage to try and get us closer to the 70-80% LTV and house prices near us have risen.

Any tips advice would be most welcome but the more i read the more i think I'm probably going to have closer to 60%LKTV and 5-6 years after my plan.

cheers Andy

#friendlylenders #sensiblelenders
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,372Posts Today

7,882Users online

Martin's Twitter