Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FoxCapacitor
    • By FoxCapacitor 6th Sep 17, 8:03 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    FoxCapacitor
    Highview parking PCN
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:03 AM
    Highview parking PCN 6th Sep 17 at 8:03 AM
    Hi all. First time posting in this forum.
    I have read the previous threads about Highview parking PCNs but mine is a little different.
    It is for parking for 13 minutes in a car park that, as it turns out, is for permit holders only. When you enter the normal section of the car park, the sign for permit holders only section is often obscured by large vehicles. When you enter the permit holders only section there are 2 signs on either end of the wall with small writing. If you park in the middle and remain in your car while someone else gets out and does a small amount of shopping, you cannot read the signs.
    The rest of the letter is all pretty standard from what I've read in threads on here.
    My question is, do I have to pay it because it was permit holders only or can I go through the appeals process?
    I actually went on to their website to pay it but it says that the vehicle registration and PCN number is not a valid combination. When I go on to the appeals website, the combination works.
    The charge is for 04/08/17. The letter is dated 23/08/17 but I only received it a couple of days ago so I've missed the deadline for getting the charge reduced.

Thanks
Page 1
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 6th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 418 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:30 AM
    The conventional advice for the forum will look like this:

1. Appeal.
    2. Lose the appeal (probably) BUT they are a BPA member, so the appeals process is worth engaging with.
    3. Then repeat the defence steps as per newbies that challenge authority to ticket.

Signage is important if there is any entitlement to charge.
    • FoxCapacitor
    • By FoxCapacitor 6th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    FoxCapacitor
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:44 AM
    Thank you.
    I have seen that advice given but am worried because of the difference being that the car was parked in a permit holders only section. Do you mean that I can still appeal because it was not clear by way of signs that it was, in fact, permit holders only? There was business conducted in the surrounding shops and £85 for parking in the empty permit holders only section for 13 minutes seems a little more than excessive!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 6th Sep 17, 8:53 AM
    • 2,415 Posts
    • 3,641 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:53 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:53 AM
    Your situation is no different at all follow the advice given, it's not about what you did (and there are hundreds of permit only threads) it's about how the ppc operate.

In any case Highview are useless Muppets!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 6th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 10,197 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:50 AM
    This is the position in a nutshell.

You parked where you should not have done.
    They have evidence (I assume)
    You broke their t&c.
    They are trying to charge you in accordance with their t&c.

You, therefore, have to show somehow that they failed.

The main areas are.

Signage - you will need photographic evidence.
    Their paperwork failed to follow POFA - you will need to check that out with a fine tooth comb.
    Have they followed the POFA timescales for the NtK?
    They don't have a contract that allows them to make such charges - you demand to see it.

Other appeal points are secondary.

You seem to have a grasp of what is needed - good luck.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,482 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:46 PM
    Thank you.
    I have seen that advice given but am worried because of the difference being that the car was parked in a permit holders only section. Do you mean that I can still appeal because it was not clear by way of signs that it was, in fact, permit holders only? There was business conducted in the surrounding shops and £85 for parking in the empty permit holders only section for 13 minutes seems a little more than excessive!
    Originally posted by FoxCapacitor
    It's Highview! Don't overthink it. Easy peasy, I love their ones.

You could have searched the forum for the word 'Highview' and discovered the fun game of trying to beat the 2 hour record (recently beaten down to 1.5 hours I think) whereby Highview skedaddle when they see the template appeal from the NEWBIES thread.

We get posters to vie with each other to submit the forum appeal in working hours and count the minutes until Highview give up! Join in...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

760Posts Today

6,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin