Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BL888
    • By BL888 5th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    BL888
    New Gloss White German Kitchen
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:55 PM
    New Gloss White German Kitchen 5th Sep 17 at 10:55 PM
    We have been pondering between a few brands for a new kitchen in handleless gloss white?:

What do you lot recommend and pros/cons on these brands. They all do something similar from what we see.

1) Hacker
    2) Pronorm
    3) Schuller
    4) siematic
Page 1
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 5th Sep 17, 11:11 PM
    • 23,759 Posts
    • 66,108 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:11 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:11 PM
    I have two projects with Siematic kitchens. They are lovely but both cost more than I've paid for entire houses in the past. There is a level where I do wonder what exactly is being offered.

One has glass display cabinets like I've never seen anywhere and they are stunning. I understand what they are paying for to a degree. The kitchen design is really clever but we also put huge amounts of prep into getting it ready.

If I were spending a veritable fortune on units, they wouldn't be white gloss. Surely the point of bespoke kitchens is that they don't look like anyone elses.

It's massively down to design for me. The fridge door swinging across the cooking area or having doors that clash and catch fingers isn't ideal. Be careful with designers! Bespoke is lovely - I think that design is actually the most important aspect at every level. Are you getting value for money by making the design work hard and work perfectly.

Our next kitchen will be a much lower price point of bespoke, but we will have the spectrum of colours to choose from, we will put a similar amount of building preparation in and I'll ensure that the design works really hard.
    Last edited by Doozergirl; 05-09-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
    • ryder72
    • By ryder72 6th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    • 972 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    ryder72
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:11 AM
    You are comparing product is vastly different markets so need more clarity on your choices-

Hacker Classic and Schuller C1 is similar
    Hacker Systemat and Schuller C2/C3 are similar
    Pronorm is slightly better but should be in similar price ballpark
    Siematic is better than all of the above but whether its worth paying an extra 30% or more is questionable.

I think there are products you are missing where you would get better value for your money.

I agree with Doozergirl - the make is irrelevant if the design is bad and there is no guarantee that an expensive kitchen is a well designed one.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 6th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 1,820 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:44 AM
    I can't comment on the brands, but are you sure about the white gloss?

Do you have young children?

A friend had such a kitchen in her new house - and couldn't wait to get rid of it. The fingerprint marks nearly drove her mad !
    • Furts
    • By Furts 7th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 2,180 Thanks
    Furts
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:20 AM
    The white gloss will look dated in 5-10 years time, so time for renewal. This may not bother OP, because they may have moved elsewhere, or decide to spend out on another kitchen. The money saving forum ethos would be to pick a neutral, or timeless, finish so it does not date and remains reasonably fashionable.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 7th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 2,440 Posts
    • 2,524 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    A kitchen without handles on the doors? In gloss white? You'll spend hours every week keeping the things clean!
    • ryder72
    • By ryder72 7th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 972 Posts
    • 607 Thanks
    ryder72
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    A white gloss kitchen is probably the only non-shaker oak/painted wood kitchen that wont date.

Gloss white kitchens are timeless, modern, neutral.

If gloss is what you want, white gloss is probably the least maintenance colour, but gloss will always show fingermarks.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,774Posts Today

7,549Users online

Martin's Twitter