Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luke623
    • By luke623 5th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 38Thanks
    luke623
    Seo
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:45 PM
    Seo 5th Sep 17 at 10:45 PM
    I have set up a website, I never expected to get 1000s of views per day but i expected to get more than what i am already getting. Is there anyone out there skilled in SEO and websites in general that could help me out a little.

Cheers
Page 1
    • SouthUKMan
    • By SouthUKMan 5th Sep 17, 11:30 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    SouthUKMan
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:30 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 11:30 PM
    Websites like Fiverr have many people offering their services for SEO. Pick someone with a decent feedback score (ideally in the dozens if not the low hundreds with 100% rating) and you should find the help you are looking for.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Sep 17, 2:06 AM
    • 25,716 Posts
    • 10,221 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:06 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:06 AM
    The question is how will people find your website?

Whats different or unique about it that would make someone want to visit your site rather than i assume many many others?

Do you advertise your website? Do you belong to groups that maybe interested in your site? And dont just sign upto a site and start advertising, one sure way to get banned and may actually drive traffic away.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 6th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    • 2,695 Posts
    • 1,828 Thanks
    AndyPix
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:21 AM
    Keys to SEO :

Good quality content.
    Only one H1 tag before the content
    All images properly "alt tagged"
    Correct title tags and meta description
    Good load time (use googles tools)
    device responsive - this is a biggie since google started using mobile first ranking metrics

Install google analytics and tag manager so you can see what traffic is coming to the site and what they are doing while they are there)

The link profile is arguably 70% of the battle on google for driving higher positions, position stability and also driving higher traffic.
    You need some good quality referring domains (backlinks) - this authority is essential for maintaining and building search rankings and driving higher traffic.

Contact some websites of related content and see if they will put a link to your site on their site - in exchange for you doing the same. Again, you will need good quality content for them to agree to this as there has to be something in it for them ..

Put a blog on your site and update it regularly with good quality content. google likes the dynamics of this.

SEO is a full time job in its'self - but there is enough info there to get you started.

Good luck
    Last edited by AndyPix; 06-09-2017 at 9:26 AM.
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 6th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    Also anybody who says "I can get you on the front page of Google" or, worse, "first result in Google" for any site is lying. Plain and simple. Even Google admit this.
    • UncleZen
    • By UncleZen 6th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 196 Thanks
    UncleZen
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    Good advice from AndyPix.

All the sites I've built appear in page 1 of Google search results sometimes the first item depending on what search criteria is used all down to SEO
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 25,716 Posts
    • 10,221 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    Also anybody who says "I can get you on the front page of Google" or, worse, "first result in Google" for any site is lying. Plain and simple. Even Google admit this.
    Originally posted by Neil Jones

Time warp back to the 90's where even my AOL homepage managed to be in the top 3 results on page 1, depending on the actual wording in the search it may have been number 1.

The internets gotten a bit bigger since then though.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • CBaker
    • By CBaker 10th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    CBaker
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 10th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    AndyPix has set out the basics. Its all about content and backlinks. You can do it yourself if you have time. Plenty of online help available and I would suggest reading the Ahref and Moz blogs. The Ahref tools are also must have for SEO (you get a free 2 week trial).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,302Posts Today

8,514Users online

Martin's Twitter