Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lsimmo83
    • By Lsimmo83 5th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lsimmo83
    Always need to send proof of identity
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:42 PM
    Always need to send proof of identity 5th Sep 17 at 9:42 PM
    Hi
    Looking for some advice. On a couple of occasions I have been asked to send additional proof of identity and address etc to obtain credit or in today's case to cash in a save as you earn share plan.

I've been at my address for 2 years 6 months now and the previous one was there 2 years. This has happened to me on a credit card, a mobile phone and now trying to get my funds back for a share plan I've been paying in to.
    My credit file doesn't show anything i don't recognise in terms of searches or accounts. The previous occupiers of my address appear to have left a lot of unpaid debt here however but didn't think previous occupants went against you these days.

Any help or advice appreciated
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 5th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 29,966 Posts
    • 18,978 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    Hi
    Looking for some advice. On a couple of occasions I have been asked to send additional proof of identity and address etc to obtain credit or in today's case to cash in a save as you earn share plan.

I've been at my address for 2 years 6 months now and the previous one was there 2 years. This has happened to me on a credit card, a mobile phone and now trying to get my funds back for a share plan I've been paying in to.
    My credit file doesn't show anything i don't recognise in terms of searches or accounts. The previous occupiers of my address appear to have left a lot of unpaid debt here however but didn't think previous occupants went against you these days.

Any help or advice appreciated
    Originally posted by Lsimmo83
    Debt doesnt get listed the property but to the person who is involved.

The unpaid debt wills tay as that, any letters you get write on it return to sender and send it back.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 5th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 13,187 Posts
    • 13,501 Thanks
    zx81
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    It's likely to be the short time at your addresses which is causing the additional ID checks.
    • Lsimmo83
    • By Lsimmo83 5th Sep 17, 10:02 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lsimmo83
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:02 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:02 PM
    Yea send a lot back each week.
    • Lsimmo83
    • By Lsimmo83 5th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lsimmo83
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    I did think it was quite likely. The share plan one really threw me though as I'm not attempting to gain credit just taking back money I have put into it. All contact details on the account are up to date
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 6th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 699 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    Identity checking for money laundering purposes is different than for credit purposes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

3,202Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin