Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • serenity2012
    • By serenity2012 5th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 1,723Posts
    • 94,508Thanks
    serenity2012
    twitter shadowban
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    twitter shadowban 5th Sep 17 at 9:24 PM
    Lots of people are being shadowbanned on twitter recently. Just found by a search that I am too but no idea what it means. Does anyone know? Does it mean all the comps i've done there and retweets are not showing to comp runners? Can't find much info on it but if its messing about with my account i'll close it.

Here's a link to see if you are shadowbanned

http://www.shadowban.de/tester/
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff
Page 3
    • Abominus
    • By Abominus 28th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 5,254 Thanks
    Abominus
    Go into private and look at this: https://twitter.com/fishisthedish/status/912946984511770624

I can see you thanking the company you like blu above have comments showing and are search filtered, which usually lasts 24hrs, you have prob done too many actions too quick.

Being search filtered doesn't ruin your chances of winning bar in # comps.

x
    Originally posted by toniq
    Thank you, much appreciated. I was definitely guilty of trying to rattle through too many tweets in a short space of time. Wanted to get it all done early so i could watch the football later. Lesson learnt.

Seems sort of okay now, went out for a couple of hours and came back to several notifications. Still don't show up on a search, but at least my retweets and comments are showing up for the companies.
    • Abominus
    • By Abominus 28th Sep 17, 9:19 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 5,254 Thanks
    Abominus
    Feel free to tweet to me and I will do my best to do for you what Toni did to me to see if I can see your tweet. Prob best to message me as well, to saying you've tweeted

@Blulu25

Also, I can see 3 congratulation messages for you over the last couple of days on Twitter. Do you know about them?

Blu X.
    Originally posted by Blulu
    Thank you for the offer, seems to be working now though. Had a bunch of notifications when i came back to check, so my tweets seem to be showing up. Will have to try and not be so trigger happy on the retweeting from now on. Will be a slower Freebie Friday for sure.

I did know about them, thanks. Twitter had been fine yesterday, it was just today things started playing up.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 29th Sep 17, 8:10 AM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 88,723 Thanks
    Blulu
    I just noticed something: On serenity2012's link in the OP, you add your Twitter name, then click to see if it thinks you are shadowbanned. Mine is still saying I probably am, but in the reply, it offers a second link to a search on Twitter, and says: "If you can't see any tweet made by [your name], this user is most likely shadowbanned."

When I clicked the second link, my tweets showed up fine, as Toni suggested.

Bringing original linky forward: http://www.shadowban.de/tester/

The Friday tweets today are going to be fun - not! I'm going to be anxious doing each one, in case it takes me to their next ShadBan stage.

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 29th Sep 17, 8:17 AM
    • 28,219 Posts
    • 602,997 Thanks
    toniq
    Just alternate your actions, RT, Fave, comment, repeat

x
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 29th Sep 17, 8:49 AM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 88,723 Thanks
    Blulu
    Just alternate your actions, RT, Fave, comment, repeat

x
    Originally posted by toniq
    Sos, I know you won't mind my asking, but just to clarify, do you mean do it something like:

F - RW - Comment
    RW - F - Comment
    Comment - F - RT
    And so on.

Thanks as always Petal

Blu X
    • toniq
    • By toniq 29th Sep 17, 9:12 AM
    • 28,219 Posts
    • 602,997 Thanks
    toniq
    Yep, the idea is not to do too many of the same action in a row, by doing like what you have suggested above I have touch wood been ok even with the amount I churn out daily.

x

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 29th Sep 17, 9:19 AM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 88,723 Thanks
    Blulu
    Fanks darlin' - I'll stick to that method from now on. Whether it works or not, it's good to have something to try, rather than just be paranoid with it - LOL.

Blu X
    Last edited by Blulu; 29-09-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 29th Sep 17, 2:48 PM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 88,723 Thanks
    Blulu
    The checker is now showing that my tweets are completely back to normal - yay!

http://www.shadowban.de/tester/

Blu XXX
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 1st Oct 17, 1:12 PM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 197,410 Thanks
    TickTwo
    What I've experienced with shaddowbanned & blog comps.

I've been on & off SB'd since April. First thing is don't waste your time going to twitter support filling forms or tweeting the support basically they don't care. They SB your account because they think you are spam, it's not a fault as such even though you are not spam!.

You can't get away with the above altering how you tweet when you enter blog comps because the option of doing the above is not there, you tweet save the url & that's it. I did actually try liking & retweeting my own blog comp tweets but that did not work either.

I've opened a new twitter account that does not work either so they must flag your IP address as spam.

Do not even go near gleams, I don't know what about them twitter does not now like but tweet one or two & you are SB'd. Sorry to all the bloggers who do use them, but for the people who twitter has flagged up as spam they are SB'd again.

Do one twitter action every 5 mins, that includes tweeting or following new people this worked for a whole day until I forgot myself & tweeted a gleam!. It's painfully slow annoying & it really cheeses you off! but I even entered twitter comps that day with the 5 min rule (now I've posted this they will change it! lol)

Sometimes when you are SB'd they make your tweets invalid, this means that copy & pasting your tweets into a browser & they are not live links so sometimes being SB'd means all your entries into raffs & gleams are invalid as most bloggers check the tweet url's to make sure you actually did tweet & are not telling porky pies!. Once you are not SB's again your tweets then become live again so your entries count.

Because I can't even go 24 hours tweeting very few tweets for comps I want to win I can't now tweet every comp I find for others to enter sorry about that to both compers & bloggers but I can't find anyway to change this at the moment if I do then I will start doing it again.

The SB's seem to last between 24-48 hours at the moment.

I'm thinking of making lists again but not sure what to do if anything yet.
    It's TicketyBoo To Be TickTwo!
    • toniq
    • By toniq 1st Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 28,219 Posts
    • 602,997 Thanks
    toniq
    Step away from gleam and raff, jus do a few twitter comps here and there to build your acct back, I was going to tell you you're actually search filtered so your tweets are showing as i've just commented on your tweet to me.

Search filtering only matters on hashtag comps.

• Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 1st Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 4,264 Posts
    • 157,059 Thanks
    Marg2k8

Do not even go near gleams, I don't know what about them twitter does not now like but tweet one or two & you are SB'd. Sorry to all the bloggers who do use them, but for the people who twitter has flagged up as spam they are SB'd again.
    Originally posted by TickTwo
    I have not found gleam any worse than R/C in this respect.

• TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 1st Oct 17, 1:41 PM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 197,410 Thanks
    TickTwo
    Yes this time round they have left my tweets live, but usually they don't until I'm unbanned again. My new account I have not tweeted half as much at all because there's no point in me tweeting anything really

I've checked my raff tweet url's & almost always when I'm SB'd they are not live links until I'm un SB'd. So if a raff/gleam finishes & the winner chosen as you, you won't win because your tweets aren't live the blogger thinks you have made up teh tweet.

Just have to hope twitter alters their spam filter again or 5 minuet rule

Marge you are lucky
    Last edited by TickTwo; 01-10-2017 at 1:44 PM.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 1st Oct 17, 3:40 PM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 88,723 Thanks
    Blulu
    Yeah, I am SB-ed again, but as Toni says, I think it's the lesser one as my tweets show fine on the second test from the OP's link.

Blu X
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 1st Oct 17, 4:49 PM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 197,410 Thanks
    TickTwo
    just tried sneaking a few comps in seeing as the tweets are showing pushed my luck with one twitter entry of a gleam. Will be interesting to see if carrying on extends the part ban or not.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 2nd Oct 17, 1:15 PM
    • 5,290 Posts
    • 88,723 Thanks
    Blulu
    My ban has been lifted again. I found a useful article about how to avoid this happening on Super Lucky Me/Di Coke's site:

https://superlucky.me/have-you-been-shadowbanned/

One thing she mentions is not to use generic hashtags. Instead only use hashtags that are specific to each particular competition. I have been overusing those hashtags a lot, so that might explain at least one aspect why I have been banned. She gives other useful tips too.

If you see this, thanks Di.

Blu X
    • TickTwo
    • By TickTwo 2nd Oct 17, 8:52 PM
    • 3,892 Posts
    • 197,410 Thanks
    TickTwo
    Thanks Blulu will have a look see
    • chickaroonee
    • By chickaroonee 2nd Oct 17, 9:04 PM
    • 14,648 Posts
    • 1,157,565 Thanks
    chickaroonee
    I seem to be OK at the minute (no doubt will be banned again tomorrow after saying this). I have been entering through gleam and RC, but not loads and loads. It seems to be much worse after you are released from the ban - one gleam and you're back in! After a couple of weeks now though, things seem better and I'm able to enter a few more. Who knows if it will last...

too many comps..not enough time!
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 10th Oct 17, 3:03 PM
    • 9,169 Posts
    • 318,887 Thanks
    BlueBella
    The shadowbanned checker is obviously useless! I checked my username and it told me I am shadowbanned but when I click to see if my tweets are hidden they are not (so maybe I am not?) I also checked a friends username and it said she is shadowbanned but her tweets aren't showing (so I assumed she is shadowbanned) Anyway she used the checker using her username and my username and she gets the opposite results to me - her account seems not to be banned as her tweets are showing but I ppear to be shadowbanned because my tweets don't show! Doh! So the checker obviously doesn't work!
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

Don't judge my path if you haven't walked my journey...
    • Abominus
    • By Abominus 11th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 5,254 Thanks
    Abominus
    So i'm still having issues with my Twitter account. On the face of it everything is fine, Shadowban tester says i'm fine, my tweets show up when i log out and search my handle. But i'm getting basically no notifications. I've tested this by retweeting and leaving a comment on comps i know always give me a like/and or reply and .... nothing. Zilch, zip, nada. So i'm assuming companies are not getting notifications when i retweet and comment. My question is, if this is the case would my entry still be counted? I really don't want to waste my time if it's not.

Hopefully things will go back to normal soon, it's been weird for a week now.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 11th Oct 17, 2:03 PM
    • 28,219 Posts
    • 602,997 Thanks
    toniq
    I think you are fine, I've seen your entries into my comp come through ok, I think twitter is very quiet at the moment, if you can see your comments under private browsing then you are fine.

Mines been quiet for the last week or so, but I have tweeted companies regarding xmas presies and had responses.

Tweet me if you want to check to see if I see it.

x

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,142Users online

Martin's Twitter