Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • serenity2012
    • By serenity2012 5th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    • 1,705Posts
    • 94,313Thanks
    serenity2012
    twitter shadowban
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:24 PM
    twitter shadowban 5th Sep 17 at 9:24 PM
    Lots of people are being shadowbanned on twitter recently. Just found by a search that I am too but no idea what it means. Does anyone know? Does it mean all the comps i've done there and retweets are not showing to comp runners? Can't find much info on it but if its messing about with my account i'll close it.

Here's a link to see if you are shadowbanned

http://www.shadowban.de/tester/
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff
Page 2
    • lynwestie
    • By lynwestie 12th Sep 17, 10:20 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 2,980 Thanks
    lynwestie
    Always happy to do some interacting.
    • Makeandsave
    • By Makeandsave 13th Sep 17, 12:22 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 23,286 Thanks
    Makeandsave
    They never replied to my message, But i am out of prison now.
    Nov Wins: Quick card Leana Creatief set, Take a break afternoon for 2, Only Fools & Horses DVD Box Set, Chicken DVD, £50 cash, cinema tickets and JUSTICE LEAGUE merchandise, Brushlink toothbrush tracker, 6 yellow loo rolls, Dorco Pace 6 Plus razor.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 13th Sep 17, 1:09 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 152,083 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    I thought twitter jail was different to shadowbanning. I thought twitter jail was if you reached a limit of 100 tweets in an hour.

• toniq
    • By toniq 13th Sep 17, 1:51 PM
    • 28,042 Posts
    • 581,413 Thanks
    toniq
    You can do a percentage of the daily quota they allow in a set 2/3 hr time frame, the daily quota is approx 1400, though what the hourly quota is who knows, twitter jail lasts until the 2/3hr time frame has moved on to the next 2/3 hr time frame.

So as I've often had jail for just 10 or so mins as i'm close to the end of that time frame, then on the odd occasions i've been jailed near on 3hrs.

The start and end of time frames seem to change quite often.

hth
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!

• Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 13th Sep 17, 6:28 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 152,083 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    According to this page the maximum number of tweets per day is 2400, broken down into half hourly chunks.

Although it seems that you can do a lot less than that before you get shadowbanned.

• lynwestie
    • By lynwestie 13th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 478 Posts
    • 2,980 Thanks
    lynwestie
    Apologies Marg. The jail was just my name for the shadow ban, not realising there was such an actual thing.

I must say I'm fed up with whatever is going on but won't be defeated.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 13th Sep 17, 9:08 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 152,083 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Apologies Marg. The jail was just my name for the shadow ban, not realising there was such an actual thing.

I must say I'm fed up with whatever is going on but won't be defeated.
    Originally posted by lynwestie
    No worries. I'm fed up with it too.

• chickaroonee
    • By chickaroonee 13th Sep 17, 9:19 PM
    • 14,371 Posts
    • 1,119,262 Thanks
    chickaroonee
    It's irritating, isn't it! Must be annoying companies too as they're missing out on loads of RTs and comp entries, which is essentially free advertising!

I am not banned today but who knows what tomorrow may bring!

too many comps..not enough time!
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 15th Sep 17, 11:00 AM
    • 15,581 Posts
    • 321,098 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    Never heard of this before but noticed my twitter wins have slowed down this week compared to the last few weeks, happy to do some interacting if anyone wants to PM me twitter names

My little miracle 02/12/16
    RIP Dad 13/06/17

• Abominus
    • By Abominus 28th Sep 17, 4:35 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    Abominus
    So i seem to have managed to get myself shadowbanned today. Noticed i wasn't getting the usual volume of notifications and then i discovered why. Do i just wait it out? How long does it usually last?

It's a minefield out there.
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 28th Sep 17, 4:48 PM
    • 5,209 Posts
    • 85,818 Thanks
    Blulu
    Me too

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 28th Sep 17, 4:50 PM
    • 28,042 Posts
    • 581,413 Thanks
    toniq
    if u want to tweet me i can check for you, dm me to tell me u have tweeted me so i can check x

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 28th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    • 5,209 Posts
    • 85,818 Thanks
    Blulu
    Thanks Toni, apparently I'm not SB-ed after all. But it's still saying I am at http://www.shadowban.de/tester/.

Oh well, perhaps it's a Twitter blip then?

Blu X
    • toniq
    • By toniq 28th Sep 17, 5:07 PM
    • 28,042 Posts
    • 581,413 Thanks
    toniq
    Okay just checked your @ and it isn't showing under search, so you are Search filtered BUT that means nothing unless it is a hashtag comp, you def show in notifications as you saw with the print screen I sent you.

I used to get search filtered tons and still won regardless, If too many rt rt rt rt in a row then it appears.

x
    Last edited by toniq; 28-09-2017 at 6:02 PM.

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 28th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 5,209 Posts
    • 85,818 Thanks
    Blulu
    Thanks for putting my mind at rest, ya wee angel. Wonder if it's the same for Abominus?

Blu X
    • toniq
    • By toniq 28th Sep 17, 5:14 PM
    • 28,042 Posts
    • 581,413 Thanks
    toniq
    Not sure, I do have him on twitter and insta but couldn't remember his username to check.

x

• Abominus
    • By Abominus 28th Sep 17, 5:36 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 4,662 Thanks
    Abominus
    99% sure i am shadowbanned (searched @ in private window on Edge, nothing showed up at all under latest) but if anyone would be kind enough to confirm (@TyranixDread).
    • toniq
    • By toniq 28th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 28,042 Posts
    • 581,413 Thanks
    toniq
    Go into private and look at this: https://twitter.com/fishisthedish/status/912946984511770624

I can see you thanking the company you like blu above have comments showing and are search filtered, which usually lasts 24hrs, you have prob done too many actions too quick.

Being search filtered doesn't ruin your chances of winning bar in # comps.

x

• Blulu
    • By Blulu 28th Sep 17, 6:02 PM
    • 5,209 Posts
    • 85,818 Thanks
    Blulu
    99% sure i am shadowbanned (searched @ in private window on Edge, nothing showed up at all under latest) but if anyone would be kind enough to confirm (@TyranixDread).
    Originally posted by Abominus
    Feel free to tweet to me and I will do my best to do for you what Toni did to me to see if I can see your tweet. Prob best to message me as well, to saying you've tweeted

@Blulu25

Also, I can see 3 congratulation messages for you over the last couple of days on Twitter. Do you know about them?

Blu X.
    • toniq
    • By toniq 28th Sep 17, 6:04 PM
    • 28,042 Posts
    • 581,413 Thanks
    toniq
    No idea why it's call shadow banning, but it stems from doing too many same actions too quick and it is just filtering poor quality content out of search, when that behaviour changes it lets you back into search.

When your comments don't show to others is when there is a real issue but that doesn't apply to either of you at the moment,

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,128Posts Today

9,135Users online

Martin's Twitter