Debate House Prices

Since the Forum relaunch, in order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

Jacob Ress Mogg - next PM?

I think he would make a great PM, he just seems honest and logical. He is the only UK politician i actually like and share views with.

Discuss.

Comments

• Sapphire
    Sapphire Posts: 4,269
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    economic wrote: »
    I think he would make a great PM, he just seems honest and logical. He is the only UK politician i actually like and share views with.

Discuss.

I've also always liked David Davis – though doubt whether he would want the job.:cool:
  • Moby
    Moby Posts: 3,915
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ;)Yes totally agree Jacob Rees Mogg would be such a good choice to replace May as leader of the tories anyway!
  • MobileSaver
    MobileSaver Posts: 4,208
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    economic wrote: »
    He is the only UK politician i actually like and share views with.

So you do not believe gay people should be allowed to marry? And abortions should be made illegal even following rape? I'm flabbergasted people can still think like that in the 21st century...
    Every generation blames the one before...
    Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
  • Matt_L
    Matt_L Posts: 1,459
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    So you do not believe gay people should be allowed to marry? And abortions should be made illegal even following rape? I'm flabbergasted people can still think like that in the 21st century...

Whilst i may not share all his views i admire the fact that he sticks to his values and doesn't change them on a whim simply to gain popularity.

Imo he will never become PM but i do like him and enjoy listening to him..
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sapphire wrote: »
    I've also always liked David Davis – though doubt whether he would want the job.:cool:

He wanted the job before when he ran for the leadership I doubt that has changed much.

For him though I imagine his prospects will entirely depend on the success or failure of the Brexit negotiations in delivering what people hope for.

JRM is another BoJo style character, built a media persona for himself without any real political achievements of note, he also comes along with a fair bit of social conservatism as well

I don't like Corbyn at all and don't trust him, but he would look a hell of a lot better to me if the alternative was JRM as PM.
  • I like the fact that he makes the effort to actually answer questions. This shouldn't be a rare and special talent though; and it says a lot about us that we don't demand it from all MPs.

I think it will be appalling if Britain becomes a two party state with the choice of extremes such as Corbyn or Rees-Mogg. Where are all the normal, sensible candidates?
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Filo25
    Filo25 Posts: 2,131
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I like the fact that he makes the effort to actually answer questions. This shouldn't be a rare and special talent though; and it says a lot about us that we don't demand it from all MPs.

I think it will be appalling if Britain becomes a two party state with the choice of extremes such as Corbyn or Rees-Mogg. Where are all the normal, sensible candidates?

It would indeed be an extremely depressing prospect
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,649
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I think he's quite likely to be next. He seems to be regarded as a likable scamp despite being an abhorrent example of the establishment that people are railing against.

He's got some personality, so he's already better than May.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Labour would love it if Theresa May was replaced with JRM.
    He's the architypal toff tory and would galvanise a lot of people against the Conservatives.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure