Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gnioto
    • By gnioto 5th Sep 17, 8:35 PM
    • 40Posts
    • 9Thanks
    gnioto
    Capital one ppi 2001
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:35 PM
    Capital one ppi 2001 5th Sep 17 at 8:35 PM
    Hi

After years of seeing adverts for ppi I decided this week to see if I could find any on the many loans and CCs I've had. Payment cover is something I have ever felt I needed as since September 2001 I have been in a job where I get a years full sick pay. I've so far had a few no's but capital one came back to say they have found a cc I opened July 2001 (while I was a student) and that I held it for a 'number of years'. I have made a complaint with them yesterday and am yet to have an email etc saying that they have received it.

What is the general routine now? Do they have to look at it in a certain time frame? I've been googling madly and whilst it is a long time ago I have found cases where people have been successful although capital one seem to have been the worst at paying out?

MBNA claim They have never heard of me even though I've had at least four cc's with them, one being last year!

Thank you
    Karen
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 89,518 Posts
    • 55,956 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    What is the general routine now?
    They write to you acknowledging the complaint and explaining the process and give you a FOS leaflet. You then wait until you hear from them again telling you the outcome of your complaint.

I've been googling madly and whilst it is a long time ago I have found cases where people have been successful although capital one seem to have been the worst at paying out?
    They had some of the best complaints stats going for many years (only 11% upheld at the FOS). During that period, it would be very unfair to say they were there worst at paying out. However, they tightened up about 18 months ago and the FOS uphold rate increased to just above the average. So, again, you cant say they are the worst but you can no longer say they were the best.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 6th Sep 17, 6:20 AM
    • 7,098 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    -taff
    • 6th Sep 17, 6:20 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 6:20 AM
    Looks like you'll have to send a SAR to MBNA then if you want to complain about their products.
    • gnioto
    • By gnioto 6th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    gnioto
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 3:43 PM
    amazingly had another 4 seperate emails off mbna today saying they have now identified 4 accounts i held with them. see what that brings now!
    • societys child
    • By societys child 6th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 4,801 Posts
    • 5,220 Thanks
    societys child
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:10 PM
    Did any have PPI, if so, why do you believe they were mis-sold?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,101Posts Today

5,348Users online

Martin's Twitter