Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shown73
    • By shown73 5th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 1,235Posts
    • 400Thanks
    shown73
    0 WOW
    Coach Hols to xmas markets
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    0 WOW
    Coach Hols to xmas markets 5th Sep 17 at 8:11 PM
    Had a look last year at coach trips to German xmas markets, and they seemed quite good value, and convenient. Sadly, I had left it too late, but perhaps this year. Just wondered if anyone had done these, and what they thought of them. Usually I would drive, and find my own hotel etc., but having everything arranged seemed quite attractive.
    Any impressions would be welcome, cheers....
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 5th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 18,308 Posts
    • 7,581 Thanks
    richardw
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:58 PM
    Coach operators use average hotels, above average hotels can be booked at great prices for the earlier weekends of the Christmas market season.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 6th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 3,875 Posts
    • 2,881 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 5:11 PM
    Had a work colleague who went every year. That was their annual holiday.
    • Dr.Rock
    • By Dr.Rock 7th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    • 637 Posts
    • 797 Thanks
    Dr.Rock
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 3:20 PM
    I've never been on a coach packaged tour to one, but whilst holidaying in Germany and Austria in November and December I have found myself at numerous ones.
    They are usually packed (especially in the evenings) but very enjoyable and a complete contrast from the poor imitations that seem to be springing up in the UK the last few years. I recommend Heidelberg (not the largest, but decent and never very busy and in a stunning setting) and Stuttgart (the world's largest, lots of variety, good value but in an unremarkable setting).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,436Posts Today

9,308Users online

Martin's Twitter