Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Y4MLN
    • By Y4MLN 5th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Y4MLN
    County Court Defence
    • 5th Sep 17, 7:44 PM
    County Court Defence 5th Sep 17 at 7:44 PM
    Hi all,

I wanted to ask for your help in forming a defence for a private parking fine, which has gone to county court. AOS has been filed. Defence has to be in for the 27th of Sept.

The Keeper has received the MCOL.

The Keeper was not driving at the time of the incident

The driver could see this bay from there office window. Driver saw a bloke taking photos of the car, Driver thus went to move the car. The bloke did not place a ticket on the screen, he was still taking photos.

The total amount being claimed for is £164.83 plus £25 court fee plus £50 legal costs.

Many thanks
    Last edited by Y4MLN; 05-09-2017 at 9:26 PM. Reason: images
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    edit the above to remove any hint of who did what

the correct terms are

THE DRIVER

THE KEEPER

PPC,s monitor these forums and too many people blab about "what happened"

and nobody has received a court summons either , this is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so the person who received the letter from Northampton received an MCOL (a small claim from the small claims court , or CCBC in Northampton)

there is no defence for YOU because this has nothing to do with YOU

the person named on the legal document must defend it, which is not you

YOU may assist , but your mum is the one being pursued and any defence is in HER NAME

ps:- she does NOT have until 22nd October to file the defence either , you have extended the period from 14 to 28 days , not 6 to 8 weeks
    Last edited by Redx; 05-09-2017 at 8:13 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Y4MLN
    • By Y4MLN 5th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Y4MLN
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:17 PM
    Thank you for your response. I have edited the OP.

Now when I filled out the AOC online, it ask me to state the name if different from the name on the letter??
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Sep 17, 8:22 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,602 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:22 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:22 PM
    you still need to edit post #1 and change some of the wording to THE DRIVER

this is all about what the DRIVER may or may not have done

the KEEPER has received the MCOL

but the KEEPER was not driving , THE DRIVER was driving , so THE DRIVER saw stuff happening through the window etc (hint)

capiche ??

ps: glad to see that you amended the month too, too many rookie errors , lol
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Sep 17, 8:41 PM
    • 50,106 Posts
    • 63,491 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:41 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 8:41 PM
    Thank you for your response. I have edited the OP.

Now when I filled out the AOC online, it ask me to state the name if different from the name on the letter??
    Originally posted by Y4MLN
    Riiiight... and that just means a woman might put her married name if the claim form has her old name - not that a completely different legal person acknowledges a claim that isn't theirs to defend.

I hope the keeper - the named Defendant - did the AOS?!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Y4MLN
    • By Y4MLN 5th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Y4MLN
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    lol apologies looked like I have made a hash of the post.

In regards to the AOS, the keeper did fill it out but put the drivers name on in the box.
    Last edited by Y4MLN; 05-09-2017 at 9:18 PM. Reason: Mistake
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 6th Sep 17, 1:43 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:43 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:43 AM
    The acknowledgment is therefor wrong.

The driver has no involvement in this. Far too late for that.
    Ring them up asap. Explain the error and ask for it to be corrected. All you can do, next time read things a touch more carefully and do exactly as told.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 50,106 Posts
    • 63,491 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 8:06 PM
    Yes, ring the court this week and explain the AOS was completed by you on behalf of a relative and by accident you put your own name in, so how can this be put right quickly so she can submit a defence?

Sometimes it takes hours to get the CCBC to answer the phone, so keep trying. It's vital.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,713Posts Today

7,032Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin