Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 5th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    • 10,197Posts
    • 9,330Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Have Motorola dropped a clanger?
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:01 PM
    Have Motorola dropped a clanger? 5th Sep 17 at 6:01 PM
    I am looking for a £200ish Android phone to replace my Huawei P8 lite that's about 2 years old.

I missed out on the Lenovo P2 as it is no longer available except at extortionate rates almost twice what 3 were selling them at and, as I want a decent battery life and 3Gb memory, I was pleased to read of the new Moto G5S that reviews as a significant improvement on the G5.

John Lewis has an exclusive on this handset on the High Street, so I pre-registered and was informed they had it in store. I went to my local John Lewis, but couldn't see it (or any other Moto) on display.

I asked the sales guy if I could see one but they don't have one available to examine and the ones they have are all sealed and they could not open them. Commenting on the apparent nonsense of the only retail outlet not having any promotion or visual sample when they had exclusivity, the sales guy said that this was the same in all the John Lewis stores !

No is it me or are John Lewis doing Moto a dis-service and what are the marketing teams from both organisations up to ?
Page 1
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 5th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 3,036 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:53 PM
    No is it me or are John Lewis doing Moto a dis-service and what are the marketing teams from both organisations up to ?
    Originally posted by Guys Dad
    Isn't it part of the marketing hype to drum up interest, increase antici.........pation and get people talking about it?
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 5th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 10,197 Posts
    • 9,330 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    Isn't it part of the marketing hype to drum up interest, increase antici.........pation and get people talking about it?
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    But when you have a customer ready to buy and nothing available to see......? Silliest form of marketing hype I have ever met.
    • macman
    • By macman 6th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    • 41,290 Posts
    • 16,954 Thanks
    macman
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 10:53 AM
    Are JL actually releasing it for sale yet? If so, buy one, inspect it at home at your leisure and then if not happy you can return it within 35 days for a full refund. Their returns policy say that items must be unused: I'm guessing this means that you could open the box, power it up, and still return it as long as you don't insert a SIM?
    NB: I'm pleased to see that (at last) they've added NFC to this Moto.
    Last edited by macman; 06-09-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop
    • Supatramp
    • By Supatramp 6th Sep 17, 11:08 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    Supatramp
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:08 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:08 PM
    The Moto G5 S is available and can be seen at CPW branches. I've bought 2 of them several months ago!!
    David.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

1,419Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin