Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Susy909
    • By Susy909 5th Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Susy909
    Prudential Prufund Growth
    • 5th Sep 17, 5:53 PM
    Prudential Prufund Growth 5th Sep 17 at 5:53 PM
    Does anyone know how to access this for SIPP without an IFA

Any thoughts on the fund?
Page 1
    • Susy909
    • By Susy909 5th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Susy909
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:36 PM
    I like it because it does "smoothing", I can't find any funds on HL that do similar.
    • Drp8713
    • By Drp8713 5th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 738 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    Drp8713
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:37 PM
    I have just had a look on trustnet and it seems to just be a bog standard multi asset fund but it charges a massive 1.75%.

Is there anything especially different about it to justify the cost?

It is about 50% equities and has returned 40% over the last 5 years.

I hold RIT Capital Partners, which is also 50% equities and multi asset, and it has returned 70% over the same period.

I know which one I prefer.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 5th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 89,501 Posts
    • 54,956 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    but it charges a massive 1.75%.

Is there anything especially different about it to justify the cost?
    Cost depends on how you buy it. However, do remember it is capital security and any investment with capital security costs more as the guarantees have to be paid for. Many investors will consider the cost of the guarantee too high and not required. However, for inexperienced investor with little or no investment knowledge and understanding, they may prefer the comfort of that security.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Susy909
    • By Susy909 5th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Susy909
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 6:59 PM
    What do you mean capital security?

I'm finding the prudential website confusing, is this the only way to purchase it?
    • mark5
    • By mark5 6th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1,186 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    mark5
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:24 PM
    What do you mean capital security?

I'm finding the prudential website confusing, is this the only way to purchase it?
    Originally posted by Susy909
    There's a guaranteed return of an agreed amount after a set time period.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,350Posts Today

6,121Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin