Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wassupguys
    • By wassupguys 5th Sep 17, 5:31 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wassupguys
    Talktalk Moriarty Law Debt
    • 5th Sep 17, 5:31 PM
    Talktalk Moriarty Law Debt 5th Sep 17 at 5:31 PM
    Just last week I received a letter from Moriarty Law instructed by JJC International Acquisiton LLC, that I owe talk talk limited money. They say the total amount is £142.34 after all expenses and I owed talktalk £9 from 2012. I called talktalk and they said I never owed anything to them and I am a good payer, in fact they said they forgot to refund us £19. Anyway talktalk said we owed nothing to them and that they owed us £19.
    We told this to Moriarty Law and they didn't listen, they said talktalk don't know about this debt and its not in relation to them (like what? we apparently owe talktalk money and they dont know about it) and that they wont contact talktalk, but they'll contact Jefferson State Capital, because it's their request. .

Is this fraud? What should I do, I owe nothing and talktalk told me I don't owe them anything.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 5th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 12,459 Posts
    • 11,855 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:06 PM
    Just last week I received a letter from Moriarty Law instructed by JJC International Acquisiton LLC, that I owe talk talk limited money. They say the total amount is £142.34 after all expenses and I owed talktalk £9 from 2012. I called talktalk and they said I never owed anything to them and I am a good payer, in fact they said they forgot to refund us £19. Anyway talktalk said we owed nothing to them and that they owed us £19.
    We told this to Moriarty Law and they didn't listen, they said talktalk don't know about this debt and its not in relation to them (like what? we apparently owe talktalk money and they dont know about it) and that they wont contact talktalk, but they'll contact Jefferson State Capital, because it's their request. .

Is this fraud? What should I do, I owe nothing and talktalk told me I don't owe them anything.
    Originally posted by wassupguys
    Stay off the phone and send the provit letter to them.

They must provide evidence of your liability when asked.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 5th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 11,527 Posts
    • 8,661 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:03 PM
    As above.

Also see if you can get talktalk to confirm that conversation in writing
    • TalkTalk
      Verified User verified user
    • By TalkTalk Verified User verified user 6th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 1,796 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    TalkTalk
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    Hi Wassupguys

We can certainly take a look into this for you. If you have a chat to us online at talktalk.co.uk/chat we can take some details from you and look into what is happening with this.

Many Thanks

Vicky - TalkTalk Social Team.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 6th Sep 17, 2:50 PM
    • 11,527 Posts
    • 8,661 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:50 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:50 PM
    Sounds like a useful offer
    • tra1605
    • By tra1605 5th Oct 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tra1605
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:51 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 4:51 PM
    Hi,

I had this exact letter from Moriarity Law however i have NEVER had a TalkTalk account in my life! What step do I take now? Prior to this i had various other collection agencys contact me but i explained the situation and they closed the account, it would then go quiet for a couple of months and then it would be passed on to another collection agent and then the same would happen again! What should i do now??
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 5th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 11,527 Posts
    • 8,661 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    Hi,

I had this exact letter from Moriarity Law however i have NEVER had a TalkTalk account in my life! What step do I take now? Prior to this i had various other collection agencys contact me but i explained the situation and they closed the account, it would then go quiet for a couple of months and then it would be passed on to another collection agent and then the same would happen again! What should i do now??
    Originally posted by tra1605
    Then your situation is the same as the OP and you should follow the same advice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,737Posts Today

9,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GabbyLogan: @MartinSLewis you are just brilliant. Love the format, great pairing with Angelica ????

• Hi folks. Thanks for watching.am shattered. Hope you enjoyed the show. Must admit can't remember any of it right no? https://t.co/zPn8xwVKqv

• Anthony here (Martin's tweet-double), signing off now. The next voice you hear will be Martin's. Thanks all and goodnight. #MartinLewis

• Follow Martin