Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 5th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    • 86Posts
    • 79Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    Standard servicing costs
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    Standard servicing costs 5th Sep 17 at 1:48 PM
    My daughter announced yesterday that her popular small "Italian" car needs its 2 year service. She phoned the dealership it was bought from, and booked it in. I asked her how much was it going to be, and it was £340 ish. After picking myself up off the floor, I thought I'd find out how much it would be from the next nearest dealership - £290 (both including VAT).

Is this usual for there to be wide variances in standard servicing costs between different main dealers? I would have expected them to have been the same cost for the same service.
Page 3
    • CardinalWolsey
    • By CardinalWolsey 8th Sep 17, 11:35 AM
    • 86 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    CardinalWolsey
    Sorry, would probably read better as 2nd year service. Had its first one at 12 months old, now due its second at 2 years old.
    • Mercdriver
    • By Mercdriver 8th Sep 17, 4:31 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    Mercdriver
    I think we have 2 money saving ideas here. Mine is to complete a major service on a standard car for £50 using techniques such as buying oil in the annual Halfords sale.
    Mercdriver recommends trading your car in every time it needs a service. It is up to readers of the forum to make up their minds which is the best money saving idea.
    Originally posted by fred246
    I'm still awaiting your retraction on this. You have clearly deliberately misrepresented what I said. I call that trolling.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,150Posts Today

6,150Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin