Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Charlyfarl
    • By Charlyfarl 5th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Charlyfarl
    Smart parking ticket
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:33 PM
    Smart parking ticket 5th Sep 17 at 1:33 PM
    Hi all

I got a smart parking charge on the 12th june by overstaying 11 minutes. I appealed against it and asked if they would cancel the charge taking into consideration the time unload and load children/ shopping.
    Apparently they sent a rejection letter that i didnt receive and now i have a debt collection letter to recover 160.00. Ive spoke to both companies and no one can help me. Ove been told from the debt collection people that if i dont pay they will take me to court. So i havent had any chance to appeal with popla etc. Please help
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 5th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 7,779 Posts
    • 7,876 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    Please stop contacting/listening to the debt-goons and read Post Four of the Newbies Sticky instead, which covers Debt Collection in detail.

It looks like you are too late to mount a proper appeal, so your remaining options are to go for a landowner cancellation or sit things-out and see if you get an LBCC from Smart, which you defend properly - this is also covered in the Sticky.
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 5th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 2,373 Posts
    • 2,898 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    where did this dastardly deed take place ?

supermarket ?

have you complained to the shop / landlord?

Ralph
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 5th Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    • 2,580 Posts
    • 3,839 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 3:49 PM
    Stop phoning they are liars and scammers, debt collectors cannot take you to court, and Smart aren't likely to either.
    Pity you didn't come here first instead if sending that awful appeal, they aren't interested in your problems only money!
    Last edited by fisherjim; 05-09-2017 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    • Charlyfarl
    • By Charlyfarl 5th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charlyfarl
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    Thank you
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:22 PM
    How do you find out the landowner etc?
    • Charlyfarl
    • By Charlyfarl 5th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charlyfarl
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    Thank you
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    It happened in Oldham centre, just a small car park outside. How do i find the landowners?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 5th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 4,478 Posts
    • 2,797 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:37 PM
    It happened in Oldham centre, just a small car park outside. How do i find the landowners?
    Originally posted by Charlyfarl
    I know nothing about Oldham.

Does the car park have a name?
    If you can tell us exactly which car park you are talking about perhaps someone might be able to help with that.

Otherwise, go to the land registry website and for a few pounds they will tell you the owner.
    • Charlyfarl
    • By Charlyfarl 6th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Charlyfarl
    • 6th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 4:45 PM
    This happened on Rock street just on the corner of Lord Street in Oldham if anyone knows the land owner?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 4:53 PM
    • 16,529 Posts
    • 20,691 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Sep 17, 4:53 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 4:53 PM
    you are now at stalemate and IGNORING the debt collectors

only deal with either an LBC or an MCOL issued by not so SMART or their legal representatives

SMART have 6 years to issue a court claim using MCOL in Northampton
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 1:05 AM
    • 51,512 Posts
    • 65,127 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This happened on Rock street just on the corner of Lord Street in Oldham if anyone knows the land owner?
    Originally posted by Charlyfarl
    Land Registry online will.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,737Posts Today

9,187Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GabbyLogan: @MartinSLewis you are just brilliant. Love the format, great pairing with Angelica ????

• Hi folks. Thanks for watching.am shattered. Hope you enjoyed the show. Must admit can't remember any of it right no? https://t.co/zPn8xwVKqv

• Anthony here (Martin's tweet-double), signing off now. The next voice you hear will be Martin's. Thanks all and goodnight. #MartinLewis

• Follow Martin