Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamesgough
    • By jamesgough 5th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jamesgough
    Hastings direct are misinforming people on their website portal
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    Hastings direct are misinforming people on their website portal 5th Sep 17 at 1:07 PM
    I've thought I've been insured since March 2017.

It now seems I'm not even though their site still states my policy is fully comprehensive until 2018.

How can they get away with this?
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    • 33,276 Posts
    • 17,205 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    They have a rep here who gets alerted every time they get poor publicity.

Expect him along soon on damage limitation with an email address for your complaint
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 5th Sep 17, 2:32 PM
    • 18,544 Posts
    • 14,272 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 5th Sep 17, 2:32 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 2:32 PM
    There's not a lot to go on there. Why do you think you're not insured when HD say that you are?
  • Hastings Direct company representative
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:31 AM
    Hi James,

I'd like to help you look into this. Can you email me at help@hastingsdirect.com with some more information about what you're unhappy with? Please also provide your policy number and DoB so we can locate your details.

Regards,

Joe
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Hastings Direct. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 6th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 8,698 Posts
    • 13,276 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 11:37 AM
    I've thought I've been insured since March 2017.

It now seems I'm not even though their site still states my policy is fully comprehensive until 2018.

How can they get away with this?
    Originally posted by jamesgough
    So have you had insurance cancelled? Have you missed a payment? Go on, throw us a bone and give us some information!
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Sparx
    • By Sparx 7th Sep 17, 12:07 AM
    • 764 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    Sparx
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:07 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 12:07 AM
    Vague post. No information to go on. Non starter with a complaint.

Let me guess - you stopped paying your direct debit monthly. Thought you'd paid it or forgot. Now your policy is cancelled?
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 7th Sep 17, 8:06 AM
    • 3,962 Posts
    • 2,470 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:06 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 8:06 AM
    poor OP post, no info and just moaning
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,952Posts Today

7,833Users online

Martin's Twitter