Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevetuk
    • By stevetuk 5th Sep 17, 12:31 PM
    • 79Posts
    • 10Thanks
    stevetuk
    Tax implications for business van hire?
    • 5th Sep 17, 12:31 PM
    Tax implications for business van hire? 5th Sep 17 at 12:31 PM
    Hi

I have a limited company and have been looking into a business contract hire for a van. I know there are tax implications but it seems so complicated I don't know where to start with it all. I've heard 'benefits in kind' and I know about mileage claims and so on. How does it work and does anyone have any advice please?

Thank you
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 8th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 37,823 Posts
    • 34,216 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    • 8th Sep 17, 8:43 PM
    You have a limited company - do you not have an accountant? They would be your first port of call!
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 2 shawls, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 1 seaman's hat ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, another seaman's hat
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 9th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 5,369 Posts
    • 4,721 Thanks
    00ec25
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    You have a limited company - do you not have an accountant? They would be your first port of call!
    Originally posted by Savvy_Sue
    OP hasn't been back since posting the OP, so can't have been interested in the answer that was given, so said answer has now gone as there are many other posts about the tax treatment of vans.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,977Posts Today

7,748Users online

Martin's Twitter