Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ric1982
    • By ric1982 5th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 61Posts
    • 5Thanks
    ric1982
    How long should it take to sell an avergage house without chain
    • 5th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    How long should it take to sell an avergage house without chain 5th Sep 17 at 9:48 AM
    Wondering how long (and how many attempts) does it take to sell a house (wihtout chain). Not talking about large mansions, house that requires major works but just an averge house in an area.

Just start from selling house to completion.
    Last edited by ric1982; 05-09-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Page 2
    • ProDave
    • By ProDave 6th Sep 17, 8:20 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 488 Thanks
    ProDave
    I seem to have stirred up a bit of a discussion.

I am letting my "spare" house for a rent at the lower end of what the agents told me it was worth. The tenant who is in says they want to rent it for 2 years and then take stock, though it is let on a 6 month short assured tenancy which will just roll over each month after the 6 months. If at the end of 2 years they want to quit then we will try again to sell it hopefully in a refreshed market.

I don't see it as a tenant paying for my 2 houses. As someone said, it is up to me what I spend it on. It's not my fault the rental value of the property is higher than the mortgage cost would be if they bought it instead of renting it.

At least if we have had 2 years rental income from it, then it might make it easier to swallow if we do have to drop the price to eventually sell it.

Oh and the tenant knows we are building a new house so it won't be a surprise to them to find that building materials is what most of their rent they pay us is spent on.

We are not squeezing the tenants. I know from previous letting that a change of tenant and void periods costs money. It is better to let it at a lower rate and have a happy tenant who stays for a longer period.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 7th Sep 17, 1:30 AM
    • 5,229 Posts
    • 2,208 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    I think Canada just popped their interest rates up again, I would get it on the market before the rest of the world catches on.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,761Users online

Martin's Twitter