Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 5th Sep 17, 12:33 AM
    • 4,100Posts
    • 1,254Thanks
    Heng Leng
    0 WOW
    Surcharge free ATMs in South Dakota / Tennessee?
    • 5th Sep 17, 12:33 AM
    0 WOW
    Surcharge free ATMs in South Dakota / Tennessee? 5th Sep 17 at 12:33 AM
    Family are heading to Nashville, Tennessee and South Dakota for holiday. Does anyone know any surcharge free ATMs in either place?

They have a Santander Zero credit card.

I only know TD Bank or WaWa Gas Stations but they are East Coast.
Page 1
    • jackieblack
    • By jackieblack 5th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    • 7,095 Posts
    • 9,264 Thanks
    jackieblack
    • 5th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    • 5th Sep 17, 7:18 AM
    I've just returned from South Dakota and struggled to find an ATM, let alone a fee-free one.
    Also there were a few places that I couldn't pay for purchases using any of my credit cards because the payment machines weren't set up to accept foreign cards (national chain restaurants/stores were fine).
    I also had one of my cards blocked for the first time ever in more than a dozen trips all over the USA.

If I was going back I'd make sure I obtained more cash before I arrived in SD. (I usually only take a small amount and then use cards (fee free) and/or withdraw cash when I arrive.)

But the Black Hills are one of the most scenic areas I've ever visited in the USA and I had an amazing time
    Last edited by jackieblack; 05-09-2017 at 7:23 AM.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading

Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    (Revera linguam latinam vix cognovi )
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 5th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    • 4,100 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    • 5th Sep 17, 10:29 PM
    I think they have enough dollars to keep them going.

I'll let them know - they can get cash over the counter or from any Mastercard ATM in a crunch. Was going to suggest they take their a Barclays debit as a backup but there doesn't seem many Bank of America ATMs in SD either.
    Last edited by Heng Leng; 05-09-2017 at 10:32 PM.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 6th Sep 17, 2:01 AM
    • 6,852 Posts
    • 8,442 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:01 AM
    • 6th Sep 17, 2:01 AM
    Long shots:

Do a search for Santander branches. Do a search for local credit unions. And a search for McDonalds with ATMs.

I'm promising nothing, but they may give an advantage.

Last I read on here TD Bank had started charging.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 9th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    • 4,100 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    • 9th Sep 17, 9:49 PM
    Long shots:

Do a search for Santander branches. Do a search for local credit unions. And a search for McDonalds with ATMs.

I'm promising nothing, but they may give an advantage.

Last I read on here TD Bank had started charging.
    Originally posted by PeacefulWaters
    Heard from them today, apparently their Santander Zero card is being declined in multiple Nashville locations (lots are still using swipe & sign)

They've reverted to cash and Amex for incidentals, for the time being.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,297Posts Today

8,467Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin