Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maria212
    • By maria212 4th Sep 17, 3:02 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 4Thanks
    maria212
    Court claim deadline tomorrow
    • 4th Sep 17, 3:02 PM
    Court claim deadline tomorrow 4th Sep 17 at 3:02 PM
    Hi

I've tried reading through the newbie's forum and other posts but I'm still unsure how I should respond to the court claim,

I have already done the acknowledgement of service but now have only until tomorrow the 28th day to submit my response.

My main response is there were no signs stating parking was not allowed, I was parked next to a park and not inside the large venue that is 200 metres down the road and there were no lines, it was just random cars they ticketed and I have a disabled badge ( it wasn't on display but was hoping I can say it fell or wasn't seen).
    I did not receive any letters or images prior to this, the court claim letter was the first thing I received and I really can't afford to pay the extortionate amount they are requesting.

Can someone advise the best way to word this, the claimant is parking and property management limited 100010.7286

Many Thanks in advance
Page 3
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 16,522 Posts
    • 20,680 Thanks
    Redx
    as its a statement of truth to go before a judge , then ensure it tells the truth and doesnt mention irrelevant or incorrect stuff, like the BPA/IPC dilemma

and I hope that you realise it needs PRINTING , SIGNING and DATING , SCANNING back to word or a pdf, then emailing as an attachment to the CCBC email address ?

ie:- dont just email your draft , because it is not signed and dated
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Sep 17, 3:52 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 3,551 Thanks
    DoaM
    If you're handy with PDF software then you could avoid having to print and scan the whole lot by:

1. Printing the defence to PDF
    2. Printing on paper the page you need to sign
    3. Signing and dating the paper copy and scanning it to PDF
    4. Deleting the unsigned page from the PDF in 1 and inserting the signed PDF page
    5. Saving the final PDF and emailing it to CCBC

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • maria212
    • By maria212 6th Sep 17, 3:57 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    maria212
    as its a statement of truth to go before a judge , then ensure it tells the truth and doesnt mention irrelevant or incorrect stuff, like the BPA/IPC dilemma

and I hope that you realise it needs PRINTING , SIGNING and DATING , SCANNING back to word or a pdf, then emailing as an attachment to the CCBC email address ?

ie:- dont just email your draft , because it is not signed and dated
    Originally posted by Redx
    Yes i printed the form and then scanned that and attache dmy defence in a seperate pdf I put the claim number on left instead of right though so I hope its still accepted, i wrote on the form see attached for defence again Im hoping that is accepted i clicked send so many times due to internet on fone got 4 auto replies
    • maria212
    • By maria212 6th Sep 17, 4:02 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    maria212
    i didnt date statement but dated form does that matter?/
    • maria212
    • By maria212 6th Sep 17, 4:09 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    maria212
    Annoying this site has wrong time stub and loads posts really slowly so doam your response was received after 4 and no Im not that handy with a pdf esp when you have a class of screaming kids to teach at same time!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Sep 17, 4:27 PM
    • 16,522 Posts
    • 20,680 Thanks
    Redx
    i didnt date statement but dated form does that matter?/
    Originally posted by maria212
    depends if its on separate sheets or just the one sheet

ideally , the date of the form is at the top , and name , address , CCBC ref etc

then its normally signed and dated at the bottom, like when writing and signing a will (which is why I replied)

they may say its fine , but as its a legal matter you really need to follow procedures , like in your own job

if in doubt , you could ring and ask

you could also sign and date the pdf and POST IT using 1st class recorded post , adding a note to say this is a written document in case there was a problem with the email or attachment

twice is better than incorrect and null and void

if you look at the MCOL you were sent , does that form expect you to sign and date it at the bottom ? if so , that is how it should be done
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • maria212
    • By maria212 6th Sep 17, 5:22 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    maria212
    depends if its on separate sheets or just the one sheet

ideally , the date of the form is at the top , and name , address , CCBC ref etc

then its normally signed and dated at the bottom, like when writing and signing a will (which is why I replied)

they may say its fine , but as its a legal matter you really need to follow procedures , like in your own job

if in doubt , you could ring and ask

you could also sign and date the pdf and POST IT using 1st class recorded post , adding a note to say this is a written document in case there was a problem with the email or attachment

twice is better than incorrect and null and void

if you look at the MCOL you were sent , does that form expect you to sign and date it at the bottom ? if so , that is how it should be done
    Originally posted by Redx

Ok so to clarify, I had printed the form dated and signed and then I wrote defence on seperate sheet, then attached a signed pdf of my defence (with claim number on left and no date) and emailed both pdfs seperately in same email, as I was sending from phone and panicking it was 3.45 I must have pressed send a few times from both email accounts and gt about 5 auto replies.
    When I realised there was no date on the letter it was at 4.05 but I re did and re-sent it, I then called them they were helpful but said they dont see the emails it's a seperate department and defences take prioity over judgements so they cant guarantee it would be fine but It wasn't on by 4.30 and they usually put all defences on by 5pm and if not they bar it from judgement till they can load the defence the next morning. if there is any errors they will email me as long as I reply before the claimant my defence is still accepted.
    They advised I call at 8.30 am to see if it has been loaded and accepted and any updates, however if had been loaded and there was an error, and the claimant applies for judgement over night the judgement can go through so its wait and see now will call first thing and pray one of my 7 replies of the last draft work!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Sep 17, 6:47 PM
    • 4,474 Posts
    • 2,794 Thanks
    KeithP
    Annoying this site has wrong time stub ...
    Originally posted by maria212
    This forum does not have the wrong time.

The mismatch of time is due to your settings in your forum profile.

Go into your User Control Panel, by clicking on User CP towards the top of most forum pages, and under the Settings & Options heading click on Edit Options.

Scroll down to Date & Time Options and choose Automatically detect DST settings from the drop down list against DST Correction Option.

Click on the Save Changes button.
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 6th Sep 17, 8:08 PM
    • 1,175 Posts
    • 2,334 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Ahh time has run out almost so going with second version and hoping for the best!!
    I wasn't able to access the forum this afternoon but the defence you have sent is fine, and a significant improvement on your original draft.

There are layout, format and grammar issues but they are minor and will be overlooked.

They advised I call at 8.30 am to see if it has been loaded and accepted and any updates, however if had been loaded and there was an error, and the claimant applies for judgement over night the judgement can go through
    I wouldn't worry. You can prove your defence was sent before 4pm - doesn't matter that it wasn't dated. It would be outrageous for the court to apply judgement, and even if they did it could be immediately removed once they realised your defence was received in time.
    • maria212
    • By maria212 7th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    maria212
    I wasn't able to access the forum this afternoon but the defence you have sent is fine, and a significant improvement on your original draft.

There are layout, format and grammar issues but they are minor and will be overlooked.

I wouldn't worry. You can prove your defence was sent before 4pm - doesn't matter that it wasn't dated. It would be outrageous for the court to apply judgement, and even if they did it could be immediately removed once they realised your defence was received in time.
    Originally posted by Lamilad

Thank you, I guess thats the issue when in a rush you dont have time to perfect it!

I spoke to them this morning and they said both were received, though I find the "helpline" arent really aware of the process and I had to clarify a few times they had both documents so here is hoping the judge takes pity and throws it out ( I can dream!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,128Posts Today

9,135Users online

Martin's Twitter