Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philatio
    • By philatio 4th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 618Posts
    • 768Thanks
    philatio
    Amazon faulty large TV return (Hermes!)
    • 4th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    Amazon faulty large TV return (Hermes!) 4th Sep 17 at 2:15 PM
    Bought an LG 43" LED TV from amazon (actual Amazon not a marketplace seller)
    Arrived Friday by Hermes.
    Opened it Saturday to find that its damaged. The frame has a bulge/crack in it. The box isn't damaged at all so it must be a factory/manufacturing fault.

Went on amazon to arrange an exchange. Dead simple. It gave me a Hermes returns label and said they'd be round next business day. It also separately ordered me a new TV.
    So far so good.

Hermes came this morning. Took one look at the box and said "sorry thats too big, we can't take it" and drove off.

Got onto Amazon CS. After 5 mins on hold I'm told that I now have to arrange and pay for the return myself, after which if I email them the receipt they'll refund the postage costs.
    I asked why Hermes didn't take it and was told "oh they don't take large or heavy things".
    THEN WHY GIVE ME THE HERMES RETURNS LABEL AND BOOK THEM FOR ME ?!?!?!

So.. not impressed at all.

Now, for the past 10 mins I've been googling trying to find a courier that will take a TV with cover for £500. Up to now... can't find one!

What the hell do I do now?!?!

Page 2
    • philatio
    • By philatio 7th Sep 17, 2:10 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    philatio
    DPD coming next apparently.

GUARANTEED they'll take it.
    Just like they said with Hermes yesterday.

Its like courier bingo.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 7th Sep 17, 2:30 PM
    • 3,188 Posts
    • 3,227 Thanks
    DoaM
    Did you see my reply in post #18? To my mind you may have a valid claim for compensation for any costs/losses you've endured in this saga.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • philatio
    • By philatio 8th Sep 17, 12:21 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    philatio
    Well after receiving no email confirmation from DPD (as I was promised) I've just been on amazon CS again to check... and low and behold, DPD was never booked.
    They're now back to the "you'll have to return it yourself" despite me saying over and over again that no courier will cover a large TV.

Running out of ideas.

Email to Jeff Bezos perhaps ????
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 8th Sep 17, 12:33 PM
    • 3,188 Posts
    • 3,227 Thanks
    DoaM
    Dear Amazon,
    As per my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, the faulty TV is awaiting collection by yourselves. If you insist on myself returning the TV then:

a) Confirm in writing that you will reimburse me the cost of the return (£XX) prior to the return taking place;
    b) Confirm in writing that you will accept liability for any subsequent damage to the TV due to the returns process - as already advised no courier that I can engage will provide insurance or warranty against damage.

Please note that this debacle has cost me a significant amount of time and hassle. Please find attached an invoice for the losses I have incurred due to your failure to collect the TV. This invoice must also be reimbursed prior to the TV being returned.

Yours,

Food for thought?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • philatio
    • By philatio 8th Sep 17, 1:22 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    philatio
    I wanna get the thing picked up before I start thinking compo. TBH I'm not that arsed.. I just want it returned.
    The points a and b above are good though. Useful.

Posted to their twitter feed and got a near instant reply asking for more details.. so fingers crossed.
    They're the biggest retailer in the world. Surely they can book a courier!
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 11th Sep 17, 11:55 AM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 3,009 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    Amazon do seem to attempt to fob you off with whatever answer seems nicest at any point in time and is most likely to shut you up and get you off the phone/live chat. In your case, it's "we've booked a courier"; in my case it has been "yes the parcel we handed to the wrong courier with no tracking updates since we did that will definitely be delivered today".

The service is getting steadily worse from Amazon, which is particularly grating given how good they used to be.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,156Posts Today

6,846Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin