Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Quavers back in locker at work.

Watched that ITV programme on catch up. Generally think SW came out not too bad but if the lady was feeling lethargic she wasn't following the plan right, why was she craving a full English, when the sw version is in the new starter pack. Also where did they get the £250 a month food costs? I spend considerably less than that
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all :D
    I have had the most lush tea, but no speed:eek: but will be having my fruit soon
    I made fishcakes , they were a bit "wet" any suggestions please?
    I cooked the fish with parsely, flaked it up added salt and pepper , mashed potatoes up and mixed together, let it chill overnight in the fridge.
    Tonight i shaped them then rolled in instant mash, started them off with a spray of fry light in a pan, then transferred into the oven to make sure they were hot all the way through had with SW chips mushy peas and egg and OMG:D:D:D

When I do fishcakes I make them with instant mash and just make it rather on the dry side so that it absorbs some of the liquid from the fish.
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    kathrynha wrote: »

Watched that ITV programme on catch up. Generally think SW came out not too bad but if the lady was feeling lethargic she wasn't following the plan right, why was she craving a full English, when the sw version is in the new starter pack. Also where did they get the £250 a month food costs? I spend considerably less than that
    Poor Quavers will be getting a complex:rotfl: Have you keot anything down today?
    When I do fishcakes I make them with instant mash and just make it rather on the dry side so that it absorbs some of the liquid from the fish.

Ahh ok thanks will try that next time x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary

I said exactly the same. I doubt I spend that for both of us and DH has non-SW stuff on top of the SW meals I cook.

I probably eat more fruit than he does though.

Denise
  • kathrynha
    bubbs wrote: »
    Poor Quavers will be getting a complex:rotfl: Have you keot anything down today?

Some of my breakfast stayed down. Lunch and dinner weren't so lucky. Having toast for supper hoping it will stay put.
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I really really need to get my head back in the zone.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kathrynha wrote: »

I don't understand the point of the programme. If someone goes from eating 4000 calories of crap to eating 500 calories on a shake diet then of course they are going to lose weight quickly - they will f up their metabolism long term and will put it back on

or they can eat actual food and lose weight slower but keep it off

why not just do the dust diet - 28 days of eating nothing but dust. You will lose loads of weight and its free so clearly the best £1 for 1lb diet out there - you will die but its a small price to pay
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • I don't understand the point of the programme. If someone goes from eating 4000 calories of crap to eating 500 calories on a shake diet then of course they are going to lose weight quickly - they will f up their metabolism long term and will put it back on

or they can eat actual food and lose weight slower but keep it off

why not just do the dust diet - 28 days of eating nothing but dust. You will lose loads of weight and its free so clearly the best £1 for 1lb diet out there - you will die but its a small price to pay

Anyone on the dust diet is more than welcome to come and collect the dust from my house...... it will last you a few years!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi all
    Regarding the spending on food- I had this argument with someone on a pinch of nom who said what my partner and I were spending on food wasn't justifiable as she had a diabetic daughter and her husband had quite a physical job (but worked 9-5) and was doing SW too and they only spent £65 a week so we should only be spending that too. I pointed out that I doubted her husband spent 8 hours a day flinging 35kg sacks of mail around like my partner does which is why he eats a lot hence that's why our food bill is so high! We spend about £80 weekly at Aldi plus at least another £30-40 on a top up shop. I got lectured about not batch cooking (even though I physically cannot) and told to buy another freezer (we already have 2!) before I did SW our food bill was about £280 a month- it's now well over £400. I've done well this week- I spent £17 in Asda today (although some of that wasn't mine) and about another fiver yesterday. However that was because I had run out of frozen veg and I bought 6 or 7 packs to fill up the freezer.
    I have finally managed to locate some WW wraps- the SW holy grail :rotfl: I got the last packs. Sent 2 packs to my mum and I made a pastie tonight. I was sceptical that it would work (these things never do for me :D) but OMG was I wrong! It was lush and made a really good sized pastie! I think I'm going to try making a pizza tomorrow :)

Today's food:
    B: Sausage (2 syns) onion and mushroom Broghies (2 syns) Decaf coffee with HEXA s/s
    L: Ham and egg salad, melon, 2 x HiFi bars (6 syns)
    T: WW wrap pastie (HEXB +1 syn for corned beef) broccoli, carrots, green beans, mushrooms, peas, sweetcorn, water. Quark with Options sachets and raspberries (5 syns)
    S: Apple and peach
    Syns: 16
    Night all xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • I've been waiting for this thread as I desperately needed a fresh start!

Huge gain over the holidays (fab time, no regrets!) but I need to get it shifted and I was hoping to do that by October half term so this works nicely! So for this challenge I'd like to try again for -14lb which will take me back to my 6 stone award and will then give me motivation to go even further for Christmas.

I've been back on plan for the past 2 weeks and have stuck to it 100% avoiding all the crap in the staffroom at work, declining nights out, staying in over the bank holiday weekend and I've utterly gutted that I had a 0.5lb and 1.5lb loss over the two weeks. After an almighty gain and having treated them like week 1 I was expecting 4/5lb each week (I've done it several times before!) so gutted with that.

But... weigh in tonight coupled with a shiny new thread gives me another fresh start. I have got a few nights out this week coming up but I'll food optimise around these. Don't want to start making excuses and I expect next week might not be the best start to the challenge but I'll give it my best shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure