Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,585Posts
    • 7,553Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 8
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 17, 8:56 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    I went more mornings then I stayed here the odd days I didn't go she rang me so if I had wanted to go anywhere would have been impossible. One day I was in Tesco and trying to use phone , Tesco zapper and do shopping packing as I went was Was still on phone going for taxi home .

I have done an Iceland shop online for me coming tomorrow affy.

I will get a few items in Tesco when I go for mum . Like there fresh pre packed veg on 3 for 2
    Originally posted by tweets
    Bless ya xx sounds like she is lonely too, does she mix with the other people?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,356 Thanks
    tweets
    Bless ya xx sounds like she is lonely too, does she mix with the other people?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    She got neighbours going in 2 I know go in everyday. Think its 4 times a week goes down to common room for dinner. 2 nights a week bingo Monday afternoon after dinner plays card game oye. Wednesday hairdresser and once a month foot woman so she not lonely . She does more than I do lol. Her friend goes Monday night from where she used to love 10 min walk away.
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just see this recipe anyone tried it? 8 syns for whole cake or 1 syn a slice, cake cut into 8 obviously
    English toffee drizzle cake
    50g self raising flour
    3tsp sweetener
    English toffee sugar free coffee syrup ( buy all flavours on Amazon or tkmax )
    Separate the egg whites from the yolks
    Mix together the flour, 2 1/2 tbsp of sweetner, 3tsp syruo and 5 egg yolks
    In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks
    Gently fold the egg whites into the flour and egg yolk mixture, until they are mixed evenly
    Pour the mixture into a loaf tin (I lined the bottom with baking parchment and gave it a quick spray with Frylight just in case)
    Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180ºC until golden brown or until the knife comes out clean. Don't be tempted to check it before 25 minutes or the cake will sink!
    While the cake is cooking mix the remaining syrup and sweetner heat on low in a sauce pan
    When the cake is done (to check insert a knife and it should come out clean) remove it from the oven, turn the heat down to 100ºC then pour the heater syrup mix over the top of the cake and put it back in for another 10 minutes
    Leave to cool, and then cut into 8 equal slices
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 17, 9:04 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs
    She got neighbours going in 2 I know go in everyday. Think its 4 times a week goes down to common room for dinner. 2 nights a week bingo Monday afternoon after dinner plays card game oye. Wednesday hairdresser and once a month foot woman so she not lonely . She does more than I do lol. Her friend goes Monday night from where she used to love 10 min walk away.
    Originally posted by tweets
    No def not lonely, more than me too
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Sep 17, 9:07 PM
    • 16,658 Posts
    • 99,504 Thanks
    maman
    Sorry to hear your mum's stressing you tweets . Maybe it would be better to go shopping after work to free you up on Saturdays. Or could you do an online shop to be delivered to your mum?

I just watched a bit of that slimming programme. What a load of nonsense! If she's going to group every week where are they getting their prices from? And how on earth does she manage to spend £250 on herself?

Just had an idea that they're pricing it per pound as if they normally eat for free. Surely what the diet costs is the difference between their new and old food budget?
    Last edited by maman; 08-09-2017 at 9:13 PM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 28,629 Posts
    • 410,356 Thanks
    tweets
    Sorry to hear your mum's stressing you tweets . Maybe it would be better to go shopping after work to free you up on Saturdays. Or could you do an online shop to be delivered to your mum?

I just watched a bit of that slimming programme. What a load of nonsense! If she's going to group every week where are they getting their prices from? And how on earth does she manage to spend £250 on herself?
    Originally posted by maman
    I still would have to go mums Saturdays have done for years Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I am home for around 12 and Sunday 1-30ish. I even go when ill because I am not allowed to be ill lol. Used to be just Wednesdays as well when off but this last holidays

Online shop would be on phone all night would have to have my laptop on here at home and on phone to mum while doing ordering Rather go Tesco and have her ringing average 4 times when in. I go with list and can leave hers 15 min walk taxi back and have it all done in just over an hour
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Sep 17, 9:14 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,433 Thanks
    bubbs

Just had an idea that they're pricing it per pound as if they normally eat for free. Surely what the diet costs is the difference between their new and old food budget?
    I think SW is as expensive or as cheap as you make it, because im a cheapskate mines
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 8th Sep 17, 9:39 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 14,095 Thanks
    greentiger
    Well done, merlin, esmy and Tete.

Good luck on your consultancy journey, merlin. Men need male role models too.

Great breakfast choices on your trip, maman. Glad you got to enjoy that too.

Chin up, tweets – you’re a great daughter.
    Stashbusting 141/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 14/17
    Reading Challenge 19/40
    Film Challenge 30/52
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 8th Sep 17, 11:35 PM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Do try and make time for yourself tweets and look after yourself. Hugs
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Tweets, hugs x

-1lb loss this week which is surprising as last Saturday I did drink 3/4 bottle of gin, pizza and chips!

No gin this weekend!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 9th Sep 17, 8:36 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Morning,

2.5lbs lost this week. Yay!

Have a good day all
    Weight loss 2017 - 27.5 lbs
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Sep 17, 9:10 AM
    • 15,047 Posts
    • 182,856 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Morning,

2.5lbs lost this week. Yay!

Have a good day all
    Originally posted by Moneysaverme
    Well done x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Sep 17, 9:33 AM
    • 4,638 Posts
    • 34,384 Thanks
    joedenise
    Tweets; Kathryn's right you need to make time for yourself.

Well done for the losses everyone, most people seem to be doing really well.

Today's plan:

B - SW fry up
    L - LO carrot & lentil soup; one slice of bread; LF spread (0.5 HEB + 0.5)
    D - Pork strips; roast pots; veg
    S - Ryvita; HM hummous (0.5 HEB + 2)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread 0.5; 2 Ryvita 0.5
    Syns - LF spread 0.5; hummous 2; pork strips ?; wine

Denise

PS - pork strips are 9 syns per 100g - will need to weigh before cooking
    Last edited by joedenise; 09-09-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 9th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Well done Moneysaverme and Sunshinemummy on your losses.

Today's 'plan' for me:
    Breakfast - noodles
    Lunch - cheese salad
    Dinner - curry
    Snacks - ginger sweets, cereal cars, fruit

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cheese, ginger sweets
    • maman
    • By maman 9th Sep 17, 11:17 AM
    • 16,658 Posts
    • 99,504 Thanks
    maman
    Well done Moneysaverme and Sunshinemummy on your losses.
    Originally posted by kathrynha

Yay! That's excellent!

Today's 'plan' for me:
    Breakfast - noodles
    Lunch - cheese salad
    Dinner - curry
    Snacks - ginger sweets, cereal cars, fruit

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cheese, ginger sweets
    Originally posted by kathrynha

Wot no crisps? I expect they're still in the drawer at work!

One of my friends I was with this week has ginger for much the same reason as you kathrynha. She drinks ginger beer. Do you like that?

I think SW is as expensive or as cheap as you make it, because im a cheapskate mines
    Originally posted by bubbs

Same here. I couldn't see from the shopping laid out what was costing so much. Maybe there were hidden fillet steaks? I think I'd be cross if I were SW. They must have agreed to be on the programme and then it was presented so badly. Not just the inflated price which meant they couldn't 'win' the contest but the fact she said she was craving a full English which didn't make sense when they'd already explained nothing's banned.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: Either a tuna salad or a JP (will be in the city centre), banana at half time
    D: Lamb Rogan Josh (1.5). SW chips, extra Speed
    Syns: gin
    D:
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 9th Sep 17, 11:23 AM
    • 1,585 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Wot no crisps? I expect they're still in the drawer at work!

One of my friends I was with this week has ginger for much the same reason as you kathrynha. She drinks ginger beer. Do you like that?
    I have quavers at home as well as at work, try to only eat them at work.

I drink ginger beer quite a lot. I just never list it on my plan, because I don't list drinks that are syn free. Do have to leave t to go a bit flat, as the fizziness really isn't good!

Tried ginger tea, but I'm not keen, I prefer to just drink black tea, and I can keep that down.
    Try to avoid ginger biscuits, because I only like home made ones, that are my Grandma's recipe, and there is no way I could eat just one or two of them.
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 9th Sep 17, 12:42 PM
    • 2,190 Posts
    • 14,746 Thanks
    TakeItEazy
    Wi with .2lb loss so recording a STS as that is what scales would say if they didn't weigh in points of lbs

So had 3 days with the kids and as meatloaf says 2 out of 3 ain't bad had 1 meltdown due to p.e but that's a normal trigger so expected. Am exhausted today though so not planning to do much.

Hope everyone is having a better time. Well done losers and big hugs to those in Need
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 9th Sep 17, 2:33 PM
    • 2,759 Posts
    • 6,171 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Happy Saturday everyone and hello to everyone whose joined!

WI today showed a [color=red] -2lb [/color ] so I'm well pleased with that ...3lbs to 4 stone !! Would love to do that next week but realistically it's at least a fortnight's work.

Not sure what's on the menu tonight - hubby was talking about making a pork & peanut butter curry - he made it ages ago & it was although it was nice now in my SW days it sounds too far syn laden for my liking!
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 9th Sep 17, 4:46 PM
    • 4,638 Posts
    • 34,384 Thanks
    joedenise
    gts - it depends on how much peanut butter there is in it. It works out at 4.5 syns per Tbs or 1.5 syns if you use a reduced fat one. You'll have to decide whether it's worth it synwise or not.

Denise
    • orlao
    • By orlao 9th Sep 17, 5:02 PM
    • 1,057 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    orlao
    Well as as expected my syns have caught up with me +2lbs Ooops
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin