Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,806Posts
    • 9,060Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 55
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,033 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good result Top Girl.
    When does your mat leave start?
    Our half term is here.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 17, 3:00 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,033 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not hopeful of a good result tonight after this weeks upset.
    I think that SW & I are going to have a parting of the ways.
    This is not how it should be

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 12th Oct 17, 4:15 PM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Maternity starts on 15th December as I am term time only. My paid leave will start on 2nd January. Due date is 15th.

I break up for a week, a week tomorrow. Lots of appointments, jobs in the house and for job 2 to do, but at least there's no 6.30 alarm then
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 17, 4:46 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,033 Thanks
    beanielou
    Maternity starts on 15th December as I am term time only. My paid leave will start on 2nd January. Due date is 15th.

I break up for a week, a week tomorrow. Lots of appointments, jobs in the house and for job 2 to do, but at least there's no 6.30 alarm then
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    Thats not to long then

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,495 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Thanks for all the comments on my jeans
    Beaie, sounds dreadful at your group
    Has everyone ese had xmas tasters this week? I am missing mine being away
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • maman
    • By maman 12th Oct 17, 5:38 PM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,485 Thanks
    maman
    Well done on maintaining topgirl. I think that's amazing!

Not hopeful of a good result tonight after this weeks upset.
    I think that SW & I are going to have a parting of the ways.
    This is not how it should be
    Originally posted by beanielou

Hope you don't mean you're thinking of leaving US beanie.

Totally agree with what you've said (I was going to get some but not sure I'll bother now!) but it might be worth seeing what the app says in a couple of weeks time - though I'd rather be over cautious than just assume the syns are the same but the packaging has changed
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime

I think when I go to Aldi tomorrow I'm gong to take a photo of the food values in the Lamb Rogan Josh and compare it to my one in the freezer. I can't see anything online about changes. I'm getting suspicious that it's SW trying to get back at Aldi for bringing out the lookalike slimming meals.

WI today and STS! Again! That's 2 perfect SW weeks and not shifted a pound!

Actually I'm feeling quite philosophical about it. It's not put me off sticking with it or encouraged me to have a s*d it day.

I've cooked up a huge pan of swede and carrot mash. 2 sides for the freezer and a topping for tonight's dinner. I'm allowing 6 syns today for extra milk as I've had cereal and been out for coffee on top of my usual drinks. I may have a couple of benefit bars if I fancy the extra HEB as it's a SP day today. It's the only thing I can think of trying to get those few pounds off.

Today's EESP plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup, Satsuma
    D: cottage pie with swede & carrot topping, cauli and kale
    Syns: extra milk 6
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 17, 5:42 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,495 Thanks
    bubbs
    Maman its horrible when that happens
    Should be my weigh in today but on holiday, been on plan apart from today and i had fish and peas in Whitby, was delicious didnt eat all the batter though
    Line drawn and i have some chicken breast i bought in the fridge so going to cook them up later with seasoning and have with some speed salad
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 12th Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 909 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Thanks everyone.

Have been good again today as have been out of school on a training course and resisted the copious amounts of biscuits out all day. Just stuck to black coffee and took my own salad for lunch.

Weekend isn't looking so hopeful as will be out on Sunday but planning to enjoy myself as realised that stressing and obsessing about everything was the main thing holding me back. If it's just 2 meals out over a week, I can hopefully salvage something! Half term next week as well so I can mix up my food choices a bit more!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 17, 9:21 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,033 Thanks
    beanielou
    Went to group tonight & to be fair it went better than I thought.
    Miss my social team buddies though

Pleased ro report a STS.

Would still be here though Maman. Thank you.
    This whole thing has really taken it out of me emotionally though

• maman
    • By maman 12th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,485 Thanks
    maman
    Went to group tonight & to be fair it went better than I thought.
    Miss my social team buddies though

Pleased ro report a STS.

Would still be here though Maman. Thank you.
    This whole thing has really taken it out of me emotionally though
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Glad that it went better than expected but it shouldn't happen!
    So sorry that it's upset you. But VERY pleased you're staying with us.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 12th Oct 17, 9:27 PM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 186,309 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Maman its horrible when that happens
    Should be my weigh in today but on holiday, been on plan apart from today and i had fish and peas in Whitby, was delicious didnt eat all the batter though
    Line drawn and i have some chicken breast i bought in the fridge so going to cook them up later with seasoning and have with some speed salad
    Originally posted by bubbs
    What no chips?
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 12th Oct 17, 10:01 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,495 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done beanie xx
    What no chips?
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Nope
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 12th Oct 17, 10:09 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,033 Thanks
    beanielou
    Thanks Bubbs

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Oct 17, 6:29 AM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 186,309 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well done beanie xx

Nope
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Please tell me you are still having picky tea on Saturday!!!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 13th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Happy Friday!

An on plan day today, snacks notwithstanding

B - Bacon, tomato and mushroom sandwich on HEXB

D - Chicken stew from yesterday and an apple

T - Steak (well done ), chips and mediterranean vegetables.

HEXA will be milk in tea and a pint before bed for my heartburn

Probably a bit of chocolate or some crisps later on. BM is the usual mooch about town and round the shops.
    • esmy
    • By esmy 13th Oct 17, 9:49 AM
    • 871 Posts
    • 2,870 Thanks
    esmy
    Morning all.

1lb off this week - delighted as I've broken (just) the next stone barrier, despite my carb fest earlier this week. 6lb to go to my revised target!

Big shop needed today. I still have little control if I buy chocolate, biscuits etc so I try to buy things that others like and I don't so I'm not tempted.

Beanie I think the way your social team have been treated is very poor, especially as there doesn't seem to be any benefit to them in doing it. Glad you're staying here whatever you do about group.

Bubbs Whitby fish and chips - mmmmmmmmmm - must plan a trip. We went on New Years Day once, a lovely bright winters day, no one around, fabulous. I love the Yorkshire coast as it's the stuff of my childhood memories. Enjoy your last couple of days.
    • maman
    • By maman 13th Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 17,139 Posts
    • 102,485 Thanks
    maman
    well done on your pound esmy and it's great to see an new figure on the scales.

Sounds like you've had a good week bubbs. Proved that a SW friendly holiday can be done. I've enjoyed fish and chips at Whitby too, world famous! It's an age since I had any but last time (in Weymouth for my anniversary in August) I remembered kathrynha's advice and only ate the top of the batter.

I'm going to try another SP day today. I'll write what I've got in mind but it will depend on me getting the meal plan and shopping done successfully. I'm trying another branch of Aldi today as my usual is still being refurbished. I'll keep the Benefit bars to hand in case I want another HEB.

Today's EESP plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO SP cottage pie with cauli and kale
    D: baked salmon, BNS wedges, runner beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
    Syns: The weekend starts at 6 p.m. so guess??
    • Deja Vu
    • By Deja Vu 13th Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    Deja Vu
    Not a great start to the day, I usually have my breakfast after the school run but decided to go straight out and get the shopping done as we've got a busy weekend.

Came back home and made an oaty tray bake as its handy to have a couple of squares in my bag when we're out for the inevitable calls of "mum I'm hungry" and for after school snacks next week.
    I've worked the syns out at either 4 or 5 syns depending on whether i decide to divide it into 20 or 16 portions so its not going to break the syn bank for me either as a sweet treat.

Today's plan

B tea
    L Beans, mushrooms, poached egg and toast
    D Dal fry and rice with some spiced roasted cauliflower & peas. About 6/8 Syns but will depend on how much oil I use as I don't like using fry light for Indian cooking I'd rather syn it.

Fruit for snacks and & possibly an oat bar later 5 syns?
    • VALM
    • By VALM 13th Oct 17, 1:34 PM
    • 3,857 Posts
    • 35,580 Thanks
    VALM
    I intend joining my local group on Monday next week. Can I join this challenge and also the fb group, please?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Oct 17, 3:32 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,033 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great loss esmy
    Always great to get into the next stone down.
    I can only hope

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

318Posts Today

2,071Users online

Martin's Twitter