Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,816Posts
    • 9,096Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 54
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 17, 3:19 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,127 Thanks
    beanielou
    kathrynha ~~ Hope today is a better day for you.

I am the only person currently left on the social team.
    Am considering my position as the whole situation does not sit well with me.
    Might have caused a bit of a stoochy to sack me because of my chronic condition.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 17,155 Posts
    • 102,567 Thanks
    maman
    I am the only person currently left on the social team.
    Am considering my position as the whole situation does not sit well with me.
    Might have caused a bit of a stoochy to sack me because of my chronic condition.
    Originally posted by beanielou

I think I get your drift but I've never heard of a 'stoochy' before.
    So is there to be a new team to be made up of people who lose regularly? Have the previous team left the group altogether?
    Do you have a choice of groups in your area?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just nosey.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 17, 4:47 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,127 Thanks
    beanielou
    I think I get your drift but I've never heard of a 'stoochy' before.
    So is there to be a new team to be made up of people who lose regularly? Have the previous team left the group altogether?
    Do you have a choice of groups in your area?

There is a tempoary
    Sorry for all the questions. I'm just nosey.
    Originally posted by maman
    A bit of a fuss, a bit of an upset.
    None of the team who have been asked to stand down will go back to that group if indeed to SW at all.
    I have no clue about who will replace.
    Is there actually anyone who looses weight consistently & regularly?
    Next nearest group about 10 miles away.
    There is a temparary team for tomorrow.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Oct 17, 5:39 PM
    • 17,155 Posts
    • 102,567 Thanks
    maman
    None of the team who have been asked to stand down will go back to that group if indeed to SW at all.
    That's a shame if they give up altogether.
    10 miles is a long way. I'm really lucky having heaps to choose from. When my original consultant went back to her day job and gave up morning groups I just found another up the road. Maybe the lack of competition means she can get away with her behaviour.
    • Deja Vu
    • By Deja Vu 11th Oct 17, 7:32 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    Deja Vu
    Well Maman you were right about the cheddar portion being measly, it was enough of a cheese fix on my spag bol today but its not going to be much use for anything else.
    Do you use dried parmesan or a grated block for that 1 syn per 25g? Enjoy your cheesy mountain.
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 11th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Another -2lb for me. Really happy with that as seem to be getting back on track.

Have had Parents' evenings at work yesterday and tonight and it has been so hard to not eat the pizza that was ordered for everyone or dip into the biscuits that everyone was tucking into or the 7(!!) boxes of chocolate that appeared in the staffroom to keep everyone going. I had one chocolate truffle at 2.5 syns over the both days so I'm proud of myself for not giving in.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 17, 8:17 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,127 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great loss Miss Teach

• maman
    • By maman 11th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 17,155 Posts
    • 102,567 Thanks
    maman
    Well done missteach
    You did amazingly well to resist all the staffroom goodies. Good for you!

Well Maman you were right about the cheddar portion being measly, it was enough of a cheese fix on my spag bol today but its not going to be much use for anything else.
    Do you use dried parmesan or a grated block for that 1 syn per 25g? Enjoy your cheesy mountain.
    Originally posted by Deja Vu
    I use a block from Aldi, it lasts ages in the fridge. I bought myself one of those little graters. I think it tastes better than the dried tubs. I didn't need to measure tonight as I had plenty of syns left. Usually I grate it into a bowl and any left over I freeze.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 15,055 Posts
    • 186,382 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Morning Everyone

Hope you all have a good day.
    Can't wait for my skinny jean day well done Bubbs

I'm sorry Sunshinemummy but i have to ask...
    A whole head of celery??? Really??? Devils food

Today's Plan

B Overnight Oats with Berries (heB)
    L Fried tomatoes with sauteed potatoes (fry light)
    D Spag Bol with a sprinkle of cheese and salad
    Will syn bolognese as its a freezer batch made with 12% fat mince that originally made about 12 portions as I loaded it with veg so will round up to 2 syns just to be safe + max 5.5 for cheese. (I can't remember how far a grated portion of cheddar goes)
    Apple or Pear for snacks today
    heA Milk
    Yeap, a whole pack of celery and a whole pack of beetroot..... just been for a walk with OH, he said oooooh there is some beetroot in the fridge you could have with your salad. I say 'ask me what I had for my lunch' he said beetroot. I say 'ask me what I have for my breakfast' he said beetroot..... I do not want any more flipping beetroot today.... tomorrow is another day (he did not ask about the full packet of celery that I ate yesterday, and the other one I had today).....

Sorry to hear that kathrynha. Hope today is a better one.

I recognise it. It's the Aldi version of SW!

I couldn't help think of this when I read about the new skinnies bubbs. Well done on your NSV!

Are you the one and only on the social team now beanie or have you been sacked?

Sadly not very far. I've been weighing and measuring more than usual lately to try to lose this last few pounds. I weighed grated cheddar last week for a topping and it seemed measly.

I'm feeling a bit like that too. I was 100% angelic on plan last week and gained half a pound. I've been perfect this week too but not feeling at all hopeful for tomorrow's WI. I feel fairly slim but I think I've just got used to being over the top of my range. We'll plod on together.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB (+6) monster portion of porage with HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: 6 xtra porage, 2 syrup, 6 (?) Parmesan

I've just checked and I should finish the day on 92 syns. I've deliberately over estimated my cheese as Parmesan weighs very light (25g is just 1 syn) and tastes strong so I could have a mountain of it!
    Originally posted by maman
    It is the Aldi SW diet... or the mega lazy diet.... I did not even wash the celery!!!

Keep focused girl, you can do it xxxxx

Have you thought about becoming a consultant?
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Oct 17, 9:00 PM
    • 15,055 Posts
    • 186,382 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Another -2lb for me. Really happy with that as seem to be getting back on track.

Have had Parents' evenings at work yesterday and tonight and it has been so hard to not eat the pizza that was ordered for everyone or dip into the biscuits that everyone was tucking into or the 7(!!) boxes of chocolate that appeared in the staffroom to keep everyone going. I had one chocolate truffle at 2.5 syns over the both days so I'm proud of myself for not giving in.
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    Well done that is fabulous loss x
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,127 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sunshinemummy~~ No. Not for me.
    Apart from anything else I could not lug all the stuff around.

• greentiger
    • By greentiger 11th Oct 17, 9:51 PM
    • 2,015 Posts
    • 14,540 Thanks
    greentiger
    Hope you’re feeling better, kathrynha.

maman, “stoochy” (I say ‘stushie’) is a great Scots term for ‘bust-up’. I love that word!

Great work, MissT.

I favour grating my own Parmesan too, maman. It tastes better and doesn’t smell of sweaty feet!
    Stashbusting 177/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 17/17
    Reading Challenge 23/40
    Film Challenge 36/52
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 11th Oct 17, 10:16 PM
    • 15,055 Posts
    • 186,382 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy~~ No. Not for me.
    Apart from anything else I could not lug all the stuff around.
    Stuff? surely there is a set of scales!

I may need to stick my head on one.... I really have no idea!

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,127 Thanks
    beanielou
    Stuff? surely there is a set of scales!

I may need to stick my head on one.... I really have no idea!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    All the books, all the stuff for the shop, the boards, the stuff for the interest table, the laptops, the awards.................

• gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 11th Oct 17, 10:38 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,317 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Thanks Kathrynha for the chart - hope today was a better day than yesterday - & well done Mrs R for being SoTW.

Hubby was being an !!!!! tonight & whereas I would have sulked ate, he wasn't having that satisfaction tonight... so I had my chilli pasta bake & enjoyed it - even the mutt had the good sense to behave tonight!

Don't know if anyone else eats it but there was something on a slimming world group that suggests that Aldi Rogan Josh has increased from 1.5 syns to 13.5 so be careful if you do
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Oct 17, 10:49 PM
    • 17,155 Posts
    • 102,567 Thanks
    maman

Don't know if anyone else eats it but there was something on a slimming world group that suggests that Aldi Rogan Josh has increased from 1.5 syns to 13.5 so be careful if you do
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Oh no! This reminds me of when Tesco changed the pulled pork recipe. I have one in the freezer that could be my last.
    • esmy
    • By esmy 11th Oct 17, 10:59 PM
    • 875 Posts
    • 2,898 Thanks
    esmy

Noooo! this is my go-to meal when I CBA cooking ....although I must admit I've enjoyed a home made chicken and spinach curry tonight for around 2 syns and would have had some for the freezer if DD hadn't finished it all....
    • Deja Vu
    • By Deja Vu 12th Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 302 Thanks
    Deja Vu
    Well Done MissTeach especially for resisting the staff room treats.

I don't use that myself but that seems like a massive jump in the wrong direction. I thought food manufacturers were trying to make their food healthier when they change the recipe not worse.

I favour grating my own Parmesan too, maman. It tastes better and doesn’t smell of sweaty feet!
    I use fresh too but thought 1 syn seemed low for "real" cheese

Today's plan

B Overnight Oats and Berries
    L Beans on toast (6 syns)
    D Sausage casserole with broccoli and cauliflower (1.5 syns)
    Milk for teas, fruit for snacks
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 12th Oct 17, 12:47 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,317 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime

I don't use that myself but that seems like a massive jump in the wrong direction. I thought food manufacturers were trying to make their food healthier when they change the recipe not worse.
    Hello Deja Vu

(sorry meant to say hello last night and forgot!)

Totally agree with what you've said (I was going to get some but not sure I'll bother now!) but it might be worth seeing what the app says in a couple of weeks time - though I'd rather be over cautious than just assume the syns are the same but the packaging has changed
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 12th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Aloha lovelies and congratulations losers.

I don't know how, but I've maintained. Chocolate is clearly better to over indulge in then wine. Food for thought.

Today

B - Scrambled eggs and beans on toast

D - Chicken stew and cabbage (if anyone wants a lovely chicken stew recipe, let me know. This one is delicious IMO)

T - Meatballs and pasta

Syns - There are some sour cream pretzels and some chocolate (obviously) in. See how I go.

Walked to the post office and supermarket so calling that body magic. Starting job 2 now. Can't wait to be on maternity from job 1. Or for half term...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,262Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin