Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,788Posts
    • 8,928Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 53
    • Deja Vu
    • By Deja Vu 10th Oct 17, 7:01 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Deja Vu
    Thanks Maman & Kathrynha

I'm still getting back in to the swing of SW menu planning and hadn't done a SW friendly shop until this afternoon so have just been using up what I have in at the moment.

B Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes
    L 2 slices toast (1 x HEB, 1 @ 6 syns) with soft cheese (4 syns) and an apple
    D Poached salmon, spicy rice & salad.
    HEA will always be milk for teas
    Fruit for snacks today

I must say I've always been careful with food and portion control around my daughter as I don't want her to have the same issues as me so have always made healthy meals for us. My problem is when she's goes to bed at 7 I'm a kitchen raider.

I was just going to potter along until the next challenge started but if its not too much hassle could you add me on for the last 3 weeks just to help me stay on track. Could you put me down for 10lbs please as this is my first week (started on Sat) so potentially some larger initial losses before it settles down.

Cheers
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 15,014 Posts
    • 186,144 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Here is this weeks chart

Well done to Mrs Ryan on SOTW

* SOTW is the person who lost most this week, who also lost or maintained last week
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Ladies, you are all doing fabulously xxxx

Hellooooooooooooo!

26+1 today and daren't weigh in had a chocolatey weekend and a takeaway last night.

Back on it now.

B - Bacon, red onion and mushroom SW quiche and toast
    D - Beef and bean hotpot and an apple
    T - Savoury mince and cabbage

HEXA is milk in tea throughout the day and a glass before bed.

Syns will no doubt be something sweet. I never was a chocolate person, but Top Baby is, clearly!

Hope you're all well.
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    You are doing so well, I ate all the way through all of my pregnancies!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 15,014 Posts
    • 186,144 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Evening all
    Well done Mrs R
    Well i had a NSV bought a cheap pair of skinny jeans yesterday(primark) 3 SIZES smaller didnt try them on in the shop looked at them and thought they will fit, hubby said what if they dont, i said they WILL soon.
    Anyhow didn't try them on last night, had shower this morning and came running in the living room jumping up and down shouting they fit
    Wore them out today, although im on holiday been really good still
    Had 2 eggs, tin toms and mushrooms with slice toast(hexb) for brunch
    Tea
    steak, fried onions, mushrooms, speed salad and about 8 SW chips
    Will have hopped fruit and muller light later
    Welcome Deja Vu
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Well done you skinny minny.... you really deserve your achievements and your skinny jeans! x

Thanks Maman & Kathrynha

I'm still getting back in to the swing of SW menu planning and hadn't done a SW friendly shop until this afternoon so have just been using up what I have in at the moment.

B Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes
    L 2 slices toast (1 x HEB, 1 @ 6 syns) with soft cheese (4 syns) and an apple
    D Poached salmon, spicy rice & salad.
    HEA will always be milk for teas
    Fruit for snacks today

I must say I've always been careful with food and portion control around my daughter as I don't want her to have the same issues as me so have always made healthy meals for us. My problem is when she's goes to bed at 7 I'm a kitchen raider.

I was just going to potter along until the next challenge started but if its not too much hassle could you add me on for the last 3 weeks just to help me stay on track. Could you put me down for 10lbs please as this is my first week (started on Sat) so potentially some larger initial losses before it settles down.

Cheers
    Originally posted by Deja Vu
    Welcome to the mad house. You seem to really know what you are doing, good luck with the weight loss. x
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 8:49 PM
    • 48,836 Posts
    • 597,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    Ladies, you are all doing fabulously xxxx

You are doing so well, I ate all the way through all of my pregnancies!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I am not doing brilliantly you are
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 48,836 Posts
    • 597,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done you skinny minny.... you really deserve your achievements and your skinny jeans! x

Welcome to the mad house. You seem to really know what you are doing, good luck with the weight loss. x
    Not skinny minny thats for sure
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 17, 9:02 PM
    • 15,014 Posts
    • 186,144 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I am not doing brilliantly you are
    I am going into that period when I will no loose, I can feel the bloated tummy and tummy gripes developing..... it will be 3 weeks of at the most 1lb a week loss.

I have been really good today.

Breakfast - Tomato, ham,
    snack - apple
    lunch - 1 pk of beetroot and a whole celery.
    snack - apple
    Tea - cannot be bothered to move my bum after doing an hour power walk!

I bet I have red wee tomorrow!

Not skinny minny thats for sure
    3 sizes is amazing.

I am still wearing my original clothes, but I do have to throw my trainers away as they have holes in! My feet used to be 4.5 and they are now a 6.... I have fat feet!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 48,984 Posts
    • 181,734 Thanks
    beanielou
    We now have one person left in the social team
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • esmy
    • By esmy 10th Oct 17, 9:16 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 2,840 Thanks
    esmy
    Thanks for the chart Kathrynha and congrats to MrsRyan on SOTW and that brilliant loss!

Welcome Deja Vu - I'm also doing this without going to group and this thread is so supportive - I'm sure I'd have given up long ago without it.

Bubbs I'm also wearing skinny jeans, something I wouldn't have contemplated 9 months ago. It's interesting re size loss - I've lost 2st 9lbs so far and have gone down one size - to get to the next size down I'd need to lose another stone and a half, judging by when I was last that size. I remember seeing an article in a magazine about 6 women who all weighed 11 stone and they were all different shapes and sizes. Its a while ago but if I can find a link I'll post it.

Not too hopeful this week - another migraine hence another carb fest but a better day today.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 48,836 Posts
    • 597,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    I am going into that period when I will no loose, I can feel the bloated tummy and tummy gripes developing..... it will be 3 weeks of at the most 1lb a week loss.

Breakfast - Tomato, ham,
    snack - apple
    snack - apple

3 sizes is amazing.

I am still wearing my original clothes, but I do have to throw my trainers away as they have holes in! My feet used to be 4.5 and they are now a 6.... I have fat feet!
    I cant wear original jeans as they dont stay up
    I have had what i posted and just had 2 benefit bars (6 syns)
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 9:19 PM
    • 48,836 Posts
    • 597,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    We now have one person left in the social team
    Originally posted by beanielou
    so consultant going to do everything?
    Thanks for the chart Kathrynha and congrats to MrsRyan on SOTW and that brilliant loss!

Welcome Deja Vu - I'm also doing this without going to group and this thread is so supportive - I'm sure I'd have given up long ago without it.

Bubbs I'm also wearing skinny jeans, something I wouldn't have contemplated 9 months ago. It's interesting re size loss - I've lost 2st 9lbs so far and have gone down one size - to get to the next size down I'd need to lose another stone and a half, judging by when I was last that size. I remember seeing an article in a magazine about 6 women who all weighed 11 stone and they were all different shapes and sizes. Its a while ago but if I can find a link I'll post it.

Not too hopeful this week - another migraine hence another carb fest but a better day today.
    Originally posted by esmy
    I would love to be 11 stone i know does surprise me when people say oh im a 14/16/1 what ever it may be, i look and think yea in your dreams
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • esmy
    • By esmy 10th Oct 17, 9:20 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 2,840 Thanks
    esmy
    This isn't the article I read but similar idea:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3473789/What-women-s-bodies-common-11st-weight-Mrs-Average-feel-differently-it.html
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Oct 17, 9:22 PM
    • 48,984 Posts
    • 181,734 Thanks
    beanielou
    Yes I remember seeing a newspaper article about a group of woman all the same weight & how different they all looked.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 9:29 PM
    • 48,836 Posts
    • 597,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    Having a quick flick through, no you wouldnt think they all weighed the same
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 10th Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    • 2,012 Posts
    • 14,523 Thanks
    greentiger
    Congrats, Mrs_R, on becoming SOTW.

Hello, D!jà Vu. Come in, grab a chair and a cuppa. You have great motivation already.

I am not doing well at all, Sunshine, sadly, but I have behaved today.
    Stashbusting 166/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 17/17
    Reading Challenge 23/40
    Film Challenge 36/52
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 17, 9:39 PM
    • 15,014 Posts
    • 186,144 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I cant wear original jeans as they dont stay up
    I have had what i posted and just had 2 benefit bars (6 syns)
    I think we need a picture of your skinny jeans!

I am still wearing maternity trousers.... will as I lack a waist line I think I will always be wearing these...

Congrats, Mrs_R, on becoming SOTW.

Hello, D!jà Vu. Come in, grab a chair and a cuppa. You have great motivation already.

I am not doing well at all, Sunshine, sadly, but I have behaved today.
    Originally posted by greentiger
    oh honey you will get there, every small step is a step in the right direction, but remember what matters most is that you are happy x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Oct 17, 9:42 PM
    • 48,984 Posts
    • 181,734 Thanks
    beanielou
    D!jà Vu~~Welcome to our lovely thread.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 9:52 PM
    • 48,836 Posts
    • 597,884 Thanks
    bubbs
    I think we need a picture of your skinny jeans!

I am still wearing maternity trousers.... will as I lack a waist line I think I will always be wearing these...

oh honey you will get there, every small step is a step in the right direction, but remember what matters most is that you are happy x
    Might do one when i get home, then again might not
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 11th Oct 17, 8:44 AM
    • 1,788 Posts
    • 8,928 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Didn't go to weigh in yesterday. Really wasn't well, so had an early night instead.

Today's 'plan':
    Breakfast - porridge
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - pasta and sauce (yes I know, bad planning with pasta twice in a day)
    Snacks - fruit, ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - honey (1), salad dressing (1), ginger sweets and drugs
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
    • Deja Vu
    • By Deja Vu 11th Oct 17, 11:06 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    Deja Vu
    Morning Everyone

Hope you all have a good day.
    Can't wait for my skinny jean day well done Bubbs

Breakfast - Tomato, ham,
    snack - apple
    snack - apple

3 sizes is amazing.

I'm sorry Sunshinemummy but i have to ask...
    A whole head of celery??? Really??? Devils food

Today's Plan

B Overnight Oats with Berries (heB)
    L Fried tomatoes with sauteed potatoes (fry light)
    D Spag Bol with a sprinkle of cheese and salad
    Will syn bolognese as its a freezer batch made with 12% fat mince that originally made about 12 portions as I loaded it with veg so will round up to 2 syns just to be safe + max 5.5 for cheese. (I can't remember how far a grated portion of cheddar goes)
    Apple or Pear for snacks today
    heA Milk
    • maman
    • By maman 11th Oct 17, 11:56 AM
    • 17,113 Posts
    • 102,366 Thanks
    maman
    Didn't go to weigh in yesterday. Really wasn't well, so had an early night instead
    Originally posted by kathrynha

Sorry to hear that kathrynha. Hope today is a better one.

Breakfast - Tomato, ham,
    snack - apple
    snack - apple

I'm sorry Sunshinemummy but i have to ask...
    A whole head of celery??? Really??? Devils food

I recognise it. It's the Aldi version of SW!

I couldn't help think of this when I read about the new skinnies bubbs. Well done on your NSV!

Are you the one and only on the social team now beanie or have you been sacked?

max 5.5 for cheese. (I can't remember how far a grated portion of cheddar goes)
    Sadly not very far. I've been weighing and measuring more than usual lately to try to lose this last few pounds. I weighed grated cheddar last week for a topping and it seemed measly.

Well done for your aspirational target and good luck.

Do ask if you need any syn values and we'll look them up for you.

Lush (good to see you back BTW). The ice cream is 4 for 100 ml and Askey cup cones are just 0.5.

I am going into that period when I will not lose, I can feel the bloated tummy and tummy gripes developing..... it will be 3 weeks of at the most 1lb a week loss.

I'm feeling a bit like that too. I was 100% angelic on plan last week and gained half a pound. I've been perfect this week too but not feeling at all hopeful for tomorrow's WI. I feel fairly slim but I think I've just got used to being over the top of my range. We'll plod on together.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB (+6) monster portion of porage with HEA milk
    L: lentil and veg soup
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: 6 xtra porage, 2 syrup, 6 (?) Parmesan

I've just checked and I should finish the day on 92 syns. I've deliberately over estimated my cheese as Parmesan weighs very light (25g is just 1 syn) and tastes strong so I could have a mountain of it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,982Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter