Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,806Posts
    • 9,032Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 52
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 15,038 Posts
    • 186,264 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    The social team do weigh, pay, shop, raffle ect.
    ie the unpaid volunteers who help run group.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Do they still have to pay their subs?

Evening all
    Beanie, if she said that to me, i take money, i would leave that group, i would be really offended
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Who said what, what money do you take?

On a serious note... Ms bubbs.

Have you had curd tart today?

I tried to make crustless quiche yesterday.

The basic of physics were oblivious to me..

I cooked onions, peppers, courgettes and popped them in a cake tin, I added ham and tomato... then the egg... well it began to run through the gap. SSM panic, tray pulled out, lining applied, and everything poured in. 1 pack of onions, 2 courgette, 3 peppers, 1 pk ham, 1 pk of tomato and 12 eggs, with a light shrinking of cheese all cooked to perfection. I went to bed, but the munchy fairies were busy all through the night. I woke to only one piece left...
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 17, 9:53 PM
    • 48,909 Posts
    • 598,416 Thanks
    bubbs
    Expecting a big drop in numbers at group this week.
    New consultant too.
    I do wonder.
    Supposedly a new SW policy if people not more or less consistently loosing.
    Not surprised, will see if anything gets said at ours next week
    Do they still have to pay their subs?

Who said what, what money do you take?

On a serious note... Ms bubbs.

Have you had curd tart today?

I tried to make crustless quiche yesterday.

The basic of physics were oblivious to me..

I cooked onions, peppers, courgettes and popped them in a cake tin, I added ham and tomato... then the egg... well it began to run through the gap. SSM panic, tray pulled out, lining applied, and everything poured in. 1 pack of onions, 2 courgette, 3 peppers, 1 pk ham, 1 pk of tomato and 12 eggs, with a light shrinking of cheese all cooked to perfection. I went to bed, but the munchy fairies were busy all through the night. I woke to only one piece left...
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Yes still have to pay, take the money for hi fi bars, group, mags, books etc, glad it was nice i make mine in a flan dish
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 17, 9:56 PM
    • 48,909 Posts
    • 598,416 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh no, not bad syns today, fry up for brekkie 2 syns and SW chicken curry , cauli rice and SW chips for tea, chopped fruit and muller light for afters
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    • 15,038 Posts
    • 186,264 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Not surprised, will see if anything gets said at ours next week

Yes still have to pay, take the money for hi fi bars, group, mags, books etc, glad it was nice i make mine in a flan dish
    Why would anyone do this? What does the consultant do?

Oh no, not bad syns today, fry up for brekkie 2 syns and SW chicken curry , cauli rice and SW chips for tea, chopped fruit and muller light for afters
    I really dislike you at the moment...... eat rubbish or I will never catch you up!

January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 9th Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 2,642 Posts
    • 2,157 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    Not too sure, either Kenya or South Africa, but won't be booking until late next year as I said I wouldn't go to Oz until I got it off then booked it and just gave up dieting :/
    My targets to end 2018:
    1) To get down to 11 stone 7lbs then treat to a safari. At start 17 stone 7 lbs *50lbs lost* *34lbs to go*
    Started SW16st13lbs 11/7/17 - 22 weeks in -42lbs
    3/9 to NYE 17lbs down / 0lbs to go
    2) to find new challenges
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 15,038 Posts
    • 186,264 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Not too sure, either Kenya or South Africa, but won't be booking until late next year as I said I wouldn't go to Oz until I got it off then booked it and just gave up dieting :/
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    It is very exciting, you will love it.... but no shooting the animals or we will fall out with you x
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Oct 17, 10:20 PM
    • 48,909 Posts
    • 598,416 Thanks
    bubbs

I really dislike you at the moment...... eat rubbish or I will never catch you up!

Well tbh thought i was helping for a couple of weeks as normal lady wasnt there, when i asked when she was back she said never as her work hrs had changed she said you come every week and stay and i need someone reliable thats how i got the job
    She gives new member talks before group starts , if no new members talks to people that have queries etc
    I am NOT eating rubbish
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 10th Oct 17, 7:19 AM
    • 15,038 Posts
    • 186,264 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well tbh thought i was helping for a couple of weeks as normal lady wasnt there, when i asked when she was back she said never as her work hrs had changed she said you come every week and stay and i need someone reliable thats how i got the job
    She gives new member talks before group starts , if no new members talks to people that have queries etc
    I am NOT eating rubbish
    So you are paying her for the privilege of doing her work..... why not agree to take the money subject to you attending for free!

I better get my bum into gear if I am going to catch up x
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Oct 17, 7:23 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,032 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Had a bit of a disaster last week and have put half a stone on my own fault as all I did was eat. So back on the bandwagon this week and see if I can do better this week
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    We All have bad weeks. Hugs.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,032 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Very mixed feelings today on SW today.
    All of our social team bar one have been asked to stand down from their duties to concentrate on their weight loss
    And you can't be on social team and concentrate on your weight loss?
    Evening all
    Beanie, if she said that to me, i take money, i would leave that group, i would be really offended
    Same here. Hope the same doesn't happen at ours tonight.
    Expecting a big drop in numbers at group this week.
    New consultant too.
    I do wonder.
    Supposedly a new SW policy if people not more or less consistently loosing.
    Well wonder how they will cope with me. I'm on the social team, but not consistently losing, but mine is due to be ill and the drugs. Hardly my fault.

Consultant does the new member talks, and talks to people who need one-to-one advice during the weighing time.

Why do I do it:
    • 'Forces' me to go every week even when I don't feel like it
    • Get weighed by the consultant, which is really good for me at the moment, as she knows what I am going through, and therefore avoids awkward questions during image therapy.
    • No having to stand in queue to pay and be weighed, which is something I find difficult at the moment
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Oct 17, 7:41 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,032 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Here is this weeks chart

Well done to Mrs Ryan on SOTW

* SOTW is the person who lost most this week, who also lost or maintained last week
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Oct 17, 7:43 AM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,032 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Weigh in for me tonight. Once again not feeling hopeful, but still going to go.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - porridge
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - noodles
    Snacks - fruit and ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - honey (1), salad dressing (1), ginger sweets and drugs
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 10th Oct 17, 11:16 AM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Hellooooooooooooo!

26+1 today and daren't weigh in had a chocolatey weekend and a takeaway last night.

Back on it now.

B - Bacon, red onion and mushroom SW quiche and toast

D - Beef and bean hotpot and an apple

T - Savoury mince and cabbage

HEXA is milk in tea throughout the day and a glass before bed.

Syns will no doubt be something sweet. I never was a chocolate person, but Top Baby is, clearly!

Hope you're all well.
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Oct 17, 12:20 PM
    • 17,135 Posts
    • 102,466 Thanks
    maman
    T - Savoury mince and cabbage
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    I love that stuff. I batch cooked your recipe last week topgirl. It's on the plan for Thursday in a SP cottage pie.

Weigh in for me tonight. Once again not feeling hopeful, but still going to go.
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Good for you!

Interesting conversation last night about 'sacking' the social team. I can see it from both sides in a way.
    The social team get very little, if anything, over and above another member. I think denise said hers might give a free magazine but it does vary from group to group.

But there are people who go week on week a bit like a social club and don't seem to lose at all or even try to follow the plan properly. It's their choice of course as they pay their money and many say that if they didn't go they'd probably gain even more.

On the other hand, maybe this consultant is a bit of a new broom wants the social team to be shining examples of losing weight and isn't bothered if they leave. For me that shows she's not very good at understanding where her members are coming from on their weightloss journey.

Then there's the consultants who don't lose/gain! One group I go to, the consultant was a SW Slimmer of the Year and she's put loads back on. The group I go to most regularly the consultant has a very fat tummy but I'm not sure whether she's gained or is still getting to target.

Personally, if I was a consultant I'd welcome all comers. Not just for the money but because everyone's different. Surely it's better to stay in touch with SW even when it's a struggle (for which the reasons are many and varied) and then refocus when you can than to give up altogether.

Apologies for thinking aloud but it can't feel good to be told you're not wanted.

I'm feeling quite slim but far from convinced I'll see a loss this week. I've decided that when I get back to target, I'm going to carry on writing down every syn until I get to the bottom end of range. I've got a short holiday booked for November and I know I'll gain but I want to gain within range not go over again.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold pork, fried veg, beetroot (SP lunch)
    D: chicken stir fry with noodles
    Syns: honey 2.5, noodles 0.5
    • Deja Vu
    • By Deja Vu 10th Oct 17, 1:10 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    Deja Vu
    Hi Everyone

I'm hoping that you'll let me join in your thread.

I've always struggled with my weight since I was a child and am now a single mum 41 with a 4 year old daughter who I'm letting down as I'd love to take her swimming but I have no body confidence, to a theme park or to a forest High Ropes but my size and weight are holding me back. I've done most diets over the years but I always end up putting the weight back on plus a few extra lbs. Slimming World worked well for me last time so am giving it another go. This time I've luckily got back on plan before I've reached my previous heaviest and before Chocolate season but I'm still back up to 18st so I want to lose weight so we can have a more active summer next year.

I'm not going to go to meetings, I know its only £5pw but at the moment that's £20 a month that I need in my purse as I'm on a tight budget, especially with Christmas coming up as well as those theme park entrance fees and of course the smaller clothes to save for!)

I see this is a very well established group and I like the idea of the 8 week targets, it doesn't seem as daunting as looking all the way towards the final target so I will definitely join in when you start the next one if that's ok.

Best wishes to everyone x
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 17,135 Posts
    • 102,466 Thanks
    maman
    Welcome deja vu.it seems like you've made a start and you know the plan so you're on your way already!

If you want to set a small target for Halloween just post it up and kathryna will add you to the list or you could just go target free for now and think of a Christmas goal.

It helps me to post my menu every day as it acts like a food diary and keeps me focused. To me, planning and Speed food are the secrets to success. SW is designed to be a healthy eating plan for life so you'll be able to share your meals with your DD knowing that you're giving her good habits for the future.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 9,032 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Interesting conversation last night about 'sacking' the social team. I can see it from both sides in a way.
    The social team get very little, if anything, over and above another member. I think denise said hers might give a free magazine but it does vary from group to group.

But there are people who go week on week a bit like a social club and don't seem to lose at all or even try to follow the plan properly. It's their choice of course as they pay their money and many say that if they didn't go they'd probably gain even more.

On the other hand, maybe this consultant is a bit of a new broom wants the social team to be shining examples of losing weight and isn't bothered if they leave. For me that shows she's not very good at understanding where her members are coming from on their weightloss journey.

Then there's the consultants who don't lose/gain! One group I go to, the consultant was a SW Slimmer of the Year and she's put loads back on. The group I go to most regularly the consultant has a very fat tummy but I'm not sure whether she's gained or is still getting to target.

Personally, if I was a consultant I'd welcome all comers. Not just for the money but because everyone's different. Surely it's better to stay in touch with SW even when it's a struggle (for which the reasons are many and varied) and then refocus when you can than to give up altogether.

Apologies for thinking aloud but it can't feel good to be told you're not wanted.
    Originally posted by maman
    Perfectly sums up my thoughts on it. You are so good at saying what I am thinking Maman

Hi Everyone

I'm hoping that you'll let me join in your thread.

I've always struggled with my weight since I was a child and am now a single mum 41 with a 4 year old daughter who I'm letting down as I'd love to take her swimming but I have no body confidence, to a theme park or to a forest High Ropes but my size and weight are holding me back. I've done most diets over the years but I always end up putting the weight back on plus a few extra lbs. Slimming World worked well for me last time so am giving it another go. This time I've luckily got back on plan before I've reached my previous heaviest and before Chocolate season but I'm still back up to 18st so I want to lose weight so we can have a more active summer next year.

I'm not going to go to meetings, I know its only £5pw but at the moment that's £20 a month that I need in my purse as I'm on a tight budget, especially with Christmas coming up as well as those theme park entrance fees and of course the smaller clothes to save for!)

I see this is a very well established group and I like the idea of the 8 week targets, it doesn't seem as daunting as looking all the way towards the final target so I will definitely join in when you start the next one if that's ok.

Best wishes to everyone x
    Originally posted by Deja Vu
    Welcome Deja Vu. You sound similar to me in your reasons, except my daughter is older and I have a husband who I make do the adventurous stuff with her, or now she is older she can do some stuff without an accompanying adult. I have always taken her swimming though. I look hideous in a swimming costume, but I go very quickly from changing room to pool, so minimal people see me.

We are quite a well established groups. There are some that have been on here for a lot longer than me, and but we are all very welcoming of new people. We also have a mixture of those that go to group, those that do it at home.

You can join this challenge half way through. Think we have 3 weeks left of this challenge. If you tell me how much you want to lose by the end of the month I will add you to the spread sheet.
    Best to get joining in with us when your mind and motivation are in the right place.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Oct 17, 3:46 PM
    • 49,031 Posts
    • 182,002 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well done Mrs R on SOTW
    Well deserved.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • lushlifesaver
    • By lushlifesaver 10th Oct 17, 6:49 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 18,043 Thanks
    lushlifesaver
    Good evening all! I am energised and motivated - yesterday good day and an hour in the gym. today less active but super on it food wise! so today went like this: breakfast: wheatbran cake (half heb) with carrot for speed and 65g of tinned rhubarb (rounding up to 1syn) lunch: homemade chicken, sweetcorn and noodle soup - free! I even made the stock and it was beyond lush! snacks at work: an apple, a pear, cucumber chunks, 1 carrot cut in to sticks dipped in 25g philidelphia 2syn mid afternoon pick me up: 2 lotus biscuits: 3 syn tea: nothing took my fancy but had an omelette type think with mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, chicken and ham made up with 2 eggs and served with beans drinks at work: 4 cups of tea - didn't measure milk but I am cutting back. to be safe I am calling it 1 more and that's my hea today syns so far: 6 - over estimating to call it 10 as I had a fork full of littlies super noodles I fancy some ice cream...I have some asda own brand - not luxury but not value in the freezer (mint neopolitan so its mint choc chip, chocolate and mint) and it looks and smells so good and I haven't touched it yet...but syns? would 3 syns for 25g sound right ish? I only want a taste also syns in an askeys cup cones? they are the little flat bottom ones thanks lovelies!
    Perfect Princess born 26/03/14 <3
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Oct 17, 7:00 PM
    • 48,909 Posts
    • 598,416 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Well done Mrs R
    Well i had a NSV bought a cheap pair of skinny jeans yesterday(primark) 3 SIZES smaller didnt try them on in the shop looked at them and thought they will fit, hubby said what if they dont, i said they WILL soon.
    Anyhow didn't try them on last night, had shower this morning and came running in the living room jumping up and down shouting they fit
    Wore them out today, although im on holiday been really good still
    Had 2 eggs, tin toms and mushrooms with slice toast(hexb) for brunch
    Tea
    steak, fried onions, mushrooms, speed salad and about 8 SW chips
    Will have hopped fruit and muller light later
    Welcome Deja Vu
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,558Posts Today

8,409Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: REPORT PUBLISHED: We reveal how #regulators of essential services can level the playing field & better support consumers with #m?

• RT @mmhpi: "I have massive #anxiety about talking to strangers on the phone" - Regulators must improve the accessibility of essential serv?

• RT @itvMLshow: I know you may be sad that we have no more shows this year BUT you wont have to wait too long for our next LIVE SPECIAL whic?

• Follow Martin