Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,722Posts
    • 8,535Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 5
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 6th Sep 17, 11:03 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 876 Thanks
    MissTeach
    I've been waiting for this thread as I desperately needed a fresh start!

Huge gain over the holidays (fab time, no regrets!) but I need to get it shifted and I was hoping to do that by October half term so this works nicely! So for this challenge I'd like to try again for -14lb which will take me back to my 6 stone award and will then give me motivation to go even further for Christmas.

I've been back on plan for the past 2 weeks and have stuck to it 100% avoiding all the crap in the staffroom at work, declining nights out, staying in over the bank holiday weekend and I've utterly gutted that I had a 0.5lb and 1.5lb loss over the two weeks. After an almighty gain and having treated them like week 1 I was expecting 4/5lb each week (I've done it several times before!) so gutted with that.

But... weigh in tonight coupled with a shiny new thread gives me another fresh start. I have got a few nights out this week coming up but I'll food optimise around these. Don't want to start making excuses and I expect next week might not be the best start to the challenge but I'll give it my best shot!
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 6th Sep 17, 11:42 PM
    • 3,020 Posts
    • 6,984 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Kathrynha - have you tried cheesy cheddars? Not sure what the suns are but I find they help when I get nausea ....though please disregard if I'm talking carp!

Saw that programme & tbh it was a waste of 90 minutes. In fairness - and I'm not biased in any shape or form but of all those diets, SW was the only one you could actually live whilst doing ....or live with someone whilst they were doing it.

Tonight has been a defrosted chilli portion together with cauliflower rice which is definitely an acquired taste........
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 7th Sep 17, 4:47 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 8,535 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Everyone's food bills are so different. It depends what you eat, how many in your family etc. Both can be equally on plan SW wise. Sirloin stEakring and quails eggs are on plan as much as value pasta and value tinned tomatoes, yet have a vast price difference. All that matters is whether or not people can afford their food bills.
    • Tete en l'Air
    • By Tete en l'Air 7th Sep 17, 7:26 AM
    • 6,829 Posts
    • 31,182 Thanks
    Tete en l'Air
    why not just do the dust diet - 28 days of eating nothing but dust. You will lose loads of weight and its free so clearly the best £1 for 1lb diet out there - you will die but its a small price to pay
    Originally posted by haras_nosirrah
    They need to put you on that show!

My food bills have been astronomical lately between cooking good SW food from scratch all week, then having a massive chocolate binge on a weekend - the worst of both worlds

Welcome back MissTeach - don't be disheartened by the relatively small losses, it's all in the right direction!

Well my day was pretty unhealthy yesterday, in terms of not actually eating very much. I skipped breakfast, then had lunch out. I didn't go for any pasta after all as it was all in creamy sauces and didn't contain much veg, so I had the melanzana parmiggiana (sp?) which is normally layered baked aubergines in a tomato sauce with a lot of cheese, but yesterday turned out to be a kind of ratatouille-stuffed aubergine with salad and a few syns of cheese and oil but overall seemed much more on plan than the pastas would have been I was then not hungry enough to eat before running club, then we had the committee meeting and it was after 9.30 by the time I got home so I just had a banana and Options hot choc.

In positive news, I went to run club and joined in with the beginners' group. I'm a qualified run leader so I supported a lady who is starting to run from scratch and has lots of problems in her legs, back and lungs, and is rather overweight. We alternated walking and jogging slowly between lampposts for over two miles and it was such an achievement for her, and for me with my bad ankle. I did lots of stretches afterwards and my ankle was only as stiff as it normally is this morning so that's a real breakthrough. Oh and it felt so good to be out doing something again!!!

Sorry I'm rambling...

B - Banana
    D - BNS, carrot and sweet potato soup, bread and butter
    T - Salmon with stir fried broccoli and grated carrot
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - 2x WM crustless bread
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (3), butter (3), hot choc (2) = 8

Weigh day tomorrow and I haven't peeked all week - eeep!
    Slimming for Santa (1.5/8)
    Drink The Tea challenge: (10/200)
    Currently reading: The Shining; Alice in Wonderland; Uncommon Type (39/30 in 2017)
    Christmas spending so far: £11.96
    My 'Life Begins at 35' diary *click*
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 7th Sep 17, 11:25 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 8,535 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Welcome back Miss Teach. It must be really difficult sticking to plan in school holidays. I can struggle enough with one week off, never mind six.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit
    Lunch - toast
    Dinner - Curry
    Snacks - fruit, ginger sweets, cereal bars (giving the quavers a day off)

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - ginger sweets and cereal bars
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Sep 17, 1:31 PM
    • 4,672 Posts
    • 34,671 Thanks
    joedenise
    Welcome back Miss Teach. Good plan to get back to where you were by October half term; and then further by Christmas.

Went to WI this morning and it was a small gain of 0.5lb which takes me to bang on target. I'm OK with that.

Still using stuff up, although needed to do a bit of shopping. Wanted to get some Kentish cherries but Tesco didn't have any - only had Canadian ones. Bought those last week and they were horrible - hard & dry! so wouldn't buy them again. Only fruit at a fairly reasonable price which isn't a hard fruit like apples, pears etc which I don't like was grapes. I know it's not Speed but they'll do for now.

Today's plan:

B -strawberries - after WI
    L - chicken, jacket potato, beans
    D - fish pie, veg - 4 syns for sauce

HEA - milk
    HEB - no idea but perhaps some Ryvita (nothing else suitable in the cupboard, LOL!)
    Syns - 4 for sauce in fish pie; possibly a couple for very low fat spread

Denise
    • Doodlebug5
    • By Doodlebug5 7th Sep 17, 4:12 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Doodlebug5
    Please can I join your challenge?

I want to lose 1st and a half. I lost 3.5lb yesterday at weigh in will that count?

So far this is my second sw time around and I'm on 4st 31/2 lb at the moment. I've got to lose 12/13stone so I'm a quarter way through!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Sep 17, 4:14 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou

I want to lose 1st and a half. I lost 3.5lb yesterday at weigh in will that count?

So far this is my second sw time around and I'm on 4st 31/2 lb at the moment. I've got to lose 12/13stone so I'm a quarter way through!
    Originally posted by Doodlebug5
    Hello & welcome to our lovely thread.
    Of course you can join the challenge.
    Katheryna will be along soon to sign you up.
    Keep posting!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • haras_nosirrah
    • By haras_nosirrah 7th Sep 17, 5:06 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 2,446 Thanks
    haras_nosirrah
    weigh in day today

down 2 lb so 7lb to go to target.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Sep 17, 5:33 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,908 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

That is a great achievement well done, and welcome x

weigh in day today

down 2 lb so 7lb to go to target.
    Originally posted by haras_nosirrah
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Sep 17, 6:06 PM
    • 48,138 Posts
    • 592,163 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening
    Not caught up, but really peeded off great start to new challenge + 1/2lb, not even been naughty
    Back later cooking tea
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 4lb week 34
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Sep 17, 6:27 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,908 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    bubbs hugs x

Tomorrow is a new day x
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Sep 17, 6:54 PM
    • 48,138 Posts
    • 592,163 Thanks
    bubbs

Welcome , you have done brilliantly
    bubbs hugs x

Tomorrow is a new day x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Thanks, so peeded off even more so when dh got weighed and lost 5 but he put 2 on last week

Well done to all those that lost
    Mrs Ryan glad you got some wraps and glad you liked them
    i didnt do corn beef, i did savoury mince with onions and mushrooms

Right im going to plan next weeks meals so i know exactly what im eating
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 7th Sep 17, 8:07 PM
    • 4,672 Posts
    • 34,671 Thanks
    joedenise
    Evening
    Not caught up, but really peeded off great start to new challenge + 1/2lb, not even been naughty
    Back later cooking tea
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Same for me this week. I did my usual thing of syns at weekend and reining in during the week and didn't have full number of syns but still gained 0.5lb (my scales actually showed a very small loss of 0.2lb, LOL!)

Edited to say I won the raffle this morning - got a pack of WW wraps; a measuring jug and measuring spoons! Will take the wraps away with me, needed a new measuring jug but "gifted" the measuring to someone at group as don't need them - have 3 sets already.

Denise
    Last edited by joedenise; 07-09-2017 at 8:10 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Sep 17, 8:11 PM
    • 48,138 Posts
    • 592,163 Thanks
    bubbs
    Same for me this week. I did my usual thing of syns at weekend and reining in during the week and didn't have full number of syns but still gained 0.5lb (my scales actually showed a very small loss of 0.2lb, LOL!)

Denise
    Originally posted by joedenise
    Its arghhhhhhhhhhhh worst bit is hubby lost 5 but he gained 2 last week and he eats more than me
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Sep 17, 8:18 PM
    • 14,852 Posts
    • 184,908 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I tent to put weight on when I am due..... it could be just this!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Sep 17, 8:30 PM
    • 48,138 Posts
    • 592,163 Thanks
    bubbs
    I tent to put weight on when I am due..... it could be just this!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Dont have them not had for over 2 yrs
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Sep 17, 8:48 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    Keep plodding bubbs.

1 off for me tonight.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Sep 17, 8:55 PM
    • 48,138 Posts
    • 592,163 Thanks
    bubbs
    Keep plodding bubbs.

1 off for me tonight.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    well done
    I will but annoyed as i had not been naughty
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Sep 17, 9:13 PM
    • 48,483 Posts
    • 178,345 Thanks
    beanielou
    well done
    I will but annoyed as i had not been naughty
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I know. It is annoying.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

509Posts Today

4,968Users online

Martin's Twitter