Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,639Posts
    • 7,916Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 47
    • maman
    • By maman 5th Oct 17, 11:30 PM
    • 16,827 Posts
    • 100,537 Thanks
    maman
    Well done whiplashy .
    Like you, I don't try to stay on plan on holiday but sometimes the plan is so ingrained that I make wise choices anyway. I always crave Speed food and look for salads when I can.

Enjoy your holiday when it comes.
    • maman
    • By maman 6th Oct 17, 11:43 AM
    • 16,827 Posts
    • 100,537 Thanks
    maman
    I've done my meal plan and shopping list. I have to venture to a different Aldi today as my local one is being refurbished. Not had good experiences at this one in the past (lack of staff and stock) but I'll give it a try.

DH made over generous amounts of porage this morning. I think he always does. He uses a measure that came free years ago with Scott's or Quaker but it's obviously not designed by SW! Like last week, I've allowed plenty of syns for it. I'm keeping a running total of every syn that passes my lips.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: not sure yet probably finish up some ham, cottage cheese JP and pickles
    D: HM pork burger, SW chips, fried onions, tomato, mushrooms. something green and Speed (broccoli? mange tout?).
    Syns: syrup 2, xtra porage 6, gin tbc
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 6th Oct 17, 3:29 PM
    • 1,639 Posts
    • 7,916 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Well done MissTeach, Beanielou and Whiplashy on your losses. Hugs to Maman and Bubbs for joining me with gains this week.

I wish I didn't have periods any more. Mine are hideous, even with drugs to control them, but I think I am starting towards the menopause, and it can't come soon enough. Today's transfusion was needed mainly because of it. Blood coming out quicker than it went in though

Today is another off plan day. Just not feeling up to it, as period is just making me feel even worse than I have been feeling
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 6th Oct 17, 4:11 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 1,290 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Day started off well, but I think holiday mode is kicking in a little early Went to the gym and there was an open day on. Didn't finish my workout as there was queues for equipment. Got about three quarters of it in though. As part of the open day there was free Subway. I may have over indulged a little

I was starving on the way home so stopped at the shop to get a pack of chicken to snack on. Somehow I came out with a bag full of sweets Now they're bought you can be sure I'll scoff them before the evening is over. I have zero willpower.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Oct 17, 5:04 PM
    • 51,028 Posts
    • 584,497 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afernoon all
    Whiplashy where are you going? have a nice time , we go away tomorrow too x
    Been thiking of Merlin and wiz hope they are both ok and wiz feeling better?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-3 st 11 lb week 28
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 5:36 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    Happy holidays bubbs & whiplasy
    I have not been away fpr two years.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • maman
    • By maman 6th Oct 17, 6:22 PM
    • 16,827 Posts
    • 100,537 Thanks
    maman
    Day started off well, but I think holiday mode is kicking in a little early Went to the gym and there was an open day on. Didn't finish my workout as there was queues for equipment. Got about three quarters of it in though. As part of the open day there was free Subway. I may have over indulged a little

I was starving on the way home so stopped at the shop to get a pack of chicken to snack on. Somehow I came out with a bag full of sweets Now they're bought you can be sure I'll scoff them before the evening is over. I have zero willpower.
    Originally posted by Whiplashy

Shame they weren't giving free Subway salads! If it's not too late why don't you put the sweets away in your suitcase and have them on your journey?

Sorry you're feeling so rough kathrynha. Hope the transfusion helps a bit. When do you see consultant next?

You could plan a holiday and a target together beanie. That would be something to look forward to.

'New' Aldi wasn't so bad. They've upped the staff by drafting in some of the ones from my local. Fortunately had the Super6 beetroot in stock so I bought 10!

I've put wiz's recipe lentil soup in the SC so that'll help me ring the changes for lunches.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Oct 17, 6:29 PM
    • 15,144 Posts
    • 183,538 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Little Ms Whiplash, congratulations on your loss, enjoy your holidays xxxx

Syns: syrup 2, xtra porage 6 gin tbc
    Originally posted by maman
    I knew that this little one would sneak in somewhere... enjoy x

I wish I didn't have periods any more. Mine are hideous, even with drugs to control them, but I think I am starting towards the menopause, and it can't come soon enough. Today's transfusion was needed mainly because of it. Blood coming out quicker than it went in though

Today is another off plan day. Just not feeling up to it, as period is just making me feel even worse than I have been feeling
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    This probably should not have made me laugh out loud ..... but it did!!

Shame they weren't giving free Subway salads! If it's not too late why don't you put the sweets away in your suitcase and have them on your journey?
    Now that is like you sitting with a glass of gin in your hand and not being allowed to drink it!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • maman
    • By maman 6th Oct 17, 6:37 PM
    • 16,827 Posts
    • 100,537 Thanks
    maman
    I knew that this little one would sneak in somewhere... enjoy x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

6 syns so far and counting!!

Now that is like you sitting with a glass of gin in your hand and not being allowed to drink it!

I suppose you're right if you put it like that. It's just that a bag of sweets wouldn't interest me. Although that being said, I saw the cherry liqueurs in Aldi today and I love those. They'll be tempting me every week until Christmas and the ginger wine but at 60 syns a bottle it'll be staying there!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    Maman~~ I bought six beetroot the other day
    Love beetroot
    Sadly I cannot afford a holiday.
    I am ok with that though.
    It is what it is.
    I am currently saving for a mobility scooter.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 6th Oct 17, 6:41 PM
    • 1,639 Posts
    • 7,916 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Sorry you're feeling so rough kathrynha. Hope the transfusion helps a bit. When do you see consultant next?
    Not due to see consultant till next month, but got a clinic appointment in 2 weeks.

This probably should not have made me laugh out loud ..... but it did!!
    Believe me really not funny. Trying to convince the nurse that I NEEDED to go to the toilet multiple times during the transfusion. She said to me that she wasn't surprised I needed so much blood.

No way could Maman resist gin
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    kathrynha~~ Hope the transfusion went ok.
    Keep plodding xx

• orlao
    • By orlao 6th Oct 17, 6:43 PM
    • 1,058 Posts
    • 2,250 Thanks
    orlao
    Hello all,

Some fantastic losses this week and to those who are yoyoing near target I know exactly what you mean. I think it took about 2 months to lose the last half stone and tbh, I've yoyoed ever since!

I forgot to post last weeks +1lb (sorry Kathrynha) and this week is -4lbs See what I mean?

Have a good week everyone.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Oct 17, 7:07 PM
    • 51,028 Posts
    • 584,497 Thanks
    bubbs
    Happy holidays bubbs & whiplasy
    I have not been away fpr two years.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thankyou culd you book a little break?

You could plan a holiday and a target together beanie. That would be something to look forward to.

'New' Aldi wasn't so bad. They've upped the staff by drafting in some of the ones from my local. Fortunately had the Super6 beetroot in stock so I bought 10!

I've put wiz's recipe lentil soup in the SC so that'll help me ring the changes for lunches.
    How much is the beet please?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Oct 17, 7:10 PM
    • 51,028 Posts
    • 584,497 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hello all,

Some fantastic losses this week and to those who are yoyoing near target I know exactly what you mean. I think it took about 2 months to lose the last half stone and tbh, I've yoyoed ever since!

I forgot to post last weeks +1lb (sorry Kathrynha) and this week is -4lbs See what I mean?

Have a good week everyone.
    Originally posted by orlao
    Well done
    Kathryn hop you feel some improvement soon xx
    I have got terrible back ache hope it clear before tomorrow else will be uncomfortable driving
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    Think the beetroot was 69p.
    Will check receipt.
    Was only 35p.
    Wish I had got more now. Bah.

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great loss orlao

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    bubbs~~hope your back improves for tomorrow

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Oct 17, 8:14 PM
    • 47,656 Posts
    • 172,735 Thanks
    beanielou
    Oh meant to say I managed to pick up one of the Slimfr33 meals from Ald1 for £1.99. Will see what it is like as cheaper than the 1celand ones.
    They dident have the cottage pie one which is the 1celand one I like most. It would have been interesting to compare them.
    Wonder how long it will be til SW manages to pull them

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Oct 17, 8:23 PM
    • 51,028 Posts
    • 584,497 Thanks
    bubbs
    Think the beetroot was 69p.
    Will check receipt.
    Was only 35p.
    Wish I had got more now. Bah.
    Thanks, i also hope my back s a bit better too
    Damm! didnt know about it and wont be able to get any now i love beetroot
    Oh meant to say I managed to pick up one of the Slimfr33 meals from Ald1 for £1.99. Will see what it is like as cheaper than the 1celand ones.
    They dident have the cottage pie one which is the 1celand one I like most. It would have been interesting to compare them.
    Wonder how long it will be til SW manages to pull them
    I read somehwere there is already an investigation by SW
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,460Posts Today

7,810Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin