Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,651Posts
    • 8,027Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 45
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 7:37 PM
    • 51,245 Posts
    • 585,993 Thanks
    bubbs
    I am waiting for my tea.... OH stayed at home today and has been googling slimming world recipes!

When I got home, he made me go power walking...... sweating......
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I come home and sit on my backside
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone week 30
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Oct 17, 8:04 PM
    • 15,164 Posts
    • 183,652 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I come home and sit on my backside
    Originally posted by bubbs
    But I go to work and sit on my backside..... so you are still getting loads more exercise than I am

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 8:13 PM
    • 51,245 Posts
    • 585,993 Thanks
    bubbs
    But I go to work and sit on my backside..... so you are still getting loads more exercise than I am

Yes with the bloody hoover
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Oct 17, 8:15 PM
    • 15,164 Posts
    • 183,652 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Yes with the bloody hoover
    I bet you do a lot of steps.

I cannot even turn the hoover on......
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 8:30 PM
    • 51,245 Posts
    • 585,993 Thanks
    bubbs
    I bet you do a lot of steps.

I cannot even turn the hoover on......
    Dont know how many steps i do
    You are proud of that?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 4th Oct 17, 8:53 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Woohoo! Happy to report -4.5lb for me this week. About bloody time my body started reflecting the hard work I've put in over the last month (bar the weekend off for my sister's birthday!). Still 9lb above my lowest weight but I'm determined to be at least back down to there by the time my xmas party rolls around!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Oct 17, 8:59 PM
    • 15,164 Posts
    • 183,652 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Dont know how many steps i do
    You are proud of that?
    I am flipping proud..... I don't even know if the house has an iron and I have not seen a duster for a fair few years!!!

Woohoo! Happy to report -4.5lb for me this week. About bloody time my body started reflecting the hard work I've put in over the last month (bar the weekend off for my sister's birthday!). Still 9lb above my lowest weight but I'm determined to be at least back down to there by the time my xmas party rolls around!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    That is fabulous..... if it is contagious... can I catch it please!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Oct 17, 9:01 PM
    • 51,245 Posts
    • 585,993 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    well done
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 4th Oct 17, 9:05 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 1,327 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    You lot have been chatty! 5 pages to catch up on.

Had a duvet day today as been feeling pretty miserable the last few days. I may have eaten about a weeks worth of syns too WI tomorrow evening. Couldn't have been a worse day to do it. I'm being optimistic though and praying for a STS. Going to eat very lightly until I WI too. Every little helps

Some fantastic losses coming in this week. Congrats everyone
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 47,786 Posts
    • 173,448 Thanks
    beanielou
    You lot have been chatty! 5 pages to catch up on.

Had a duvet day today as been feeling pretty miserable the last few days. I may have eaten about a weeks worth of syns too WI tomorrow evening. Couldn't have been a worse day to do it. I'm being optimistic though and praying for a STS. Going to eat very lightly until I WI too. Every little helps

Some fantastic losses coming in this week. Congrats everyone
    Originally posted by Whiplashy
    Echoed by me on both counts.
    Great loss Miss Teach
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 4th Oct 17, 9:56 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 6,462 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Well done MissTeach!
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - the Argos Card!
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 4th Oct 17, 10:14 PM
    • 202 Posts
    • 749 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Thanks guys. Hopefully going to keep it up now!
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 4th Oct 17, 10:41 PM
    • 1,969 Posts
    • 14,223 Thanks
    greentiger
    Congrats on becoming, SOTW, dawyldthing.

That’s a fabulous loss, MissTeach.
    Stashbusting 149/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 15/17
    Reading Challenge 21/40
    Film Challenge 33/52
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 4th Oct 17, 10:55 PM
    • 1,622 Posts
    • 12,385 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    I am still here!!
    Can't believe it is coming up to a month since I posted .
    When I was last here(12th Sept),I had just target range about 2 weeks before..Since then,the weight has just kept falling off .I am now 3 pounds under my target weight,so if I don't gain a little weight this week,I will fall out of target range.
    Our group is about to get its 1050th leader in the 6 years I have been going to SW.A couple of weeks ago group was cancelled because they couldn't get a leader to take the group .
    Welcome to all the newcomers to our lovely friendly thread.This is a wonderful place to look for suport on our SW journey.
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• maman
    • By maman 5th Oct 17, 12:16 AM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,801 Thanks
    maman
    That's an amazing loss missteach . Delighted for you!

I found I kept losing after I got to target too saverupper and last week shiprob was saying the same. My solution was more syns but the official way is extra HEXs.
    I've never heard of such a turnover in consultants. Poor you.

WI tomorrow for me. Not hopeful, feeling fat tonight.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 47,786 Posts
    • 173,448 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not hopeful either Maman

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 5th Oct 17, 2:37 PM
    • 132 Posts
    • 1,327 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Good luck with WI maman and beanie. I'm dreading it. Hopefully we'll all get a nice surprise I had an apple for breakfast and a Clementine and chicken for lunch. Hopefully it'll help keep the number down. Have a massive pasta bake made up so I can reheat some when I get in from WI. I just want it over with now!
    • maman
    • By maman 5th Oct 17, 2:44 PM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,801 Thanks
    maman
    Not hopeful either Maman
    Originally posted by beanielou

I hope you do better than me beanie.

Disappointed to report a half pound GAIN!

I've had a couple of hours to think about it and I now need to listen to my own advice. I know I've been really sticking to the plan this week with hardly a foot wrong. The only explanation is that I tend to lose best over a two week period. I checked my book and I was exactly the same getting to target. I just need to believe it.

So onwards and upwards. I've got another fairly clear week coming up so I'm going to be good all over again and hope for the best.

Today's food is a bit samey as it's shopping day tomorrow and Speed is a bit on the low side. I have got a bag of satsumas (eaten 2 already) so I'll snack on those to balance all the free food.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, 2 HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: JP with veggie chilli, pickles, cottage cheese, satsumas
    D: chunky chilli, rice, satsumas
    Syns: xtra milk (drinks and been out for coffee this morning) 6?
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 5th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 47,786 Posts
    • 173,448 Thanks
    beanielou
    Good luck with WI maman and beanie. I'm dreading it. Hopefully we'll all get a nice surprise I had an apple for breakfast and a Clementine and chicken for lunch. Hopefully it'll help keep the number down. Have a massive pasta bake made up so I can reheat som
    e when I get in from WI. I just want it over with now!
    Originally posted by Whiplashy
    I just want it over with now too. Bah.

Sorry maman but at least it is only half a pound & next week will be your week.

• maman
    • By maman 5th Oct 17, 4:14 PM
    • 16,871 Posts
    • 100,801 Thanks
    maman
    I just want it over with now too. Bah.

Sorry maman but at least it is only half a pound & next week will be your week.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    I hope so too beanie . I've been studying my book again, looking at the losses leading up to reaching my target. The last half stone almost exactly mirrors what's happening now. Very slow and lots of ups and downs. But what matters is I got there eventually and I will again!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

355Posts Today

2,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin