Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,810Posts
    • 9,075Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 56 lb
    Last updated: 11th December 2017
Page 43
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 3rd Oct 17, 7:44 AM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 9,075 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Here is this weeks chart

Well done Daeyldthing on being this weeks SOTW

* SOTW is the person who has lost the most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 3rd Oct 17, 7:48 AM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 9,075 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Well done Shiprob and Greentiger on your losses.

Back on plan today, and WI tonight. Once again don't think weigh in will be good. It doesn't deserve to be good, but with my body and the drugs, who knows.

Today's 'plan':
    Breakfast - porridge
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - noodles
    Snacks - fruit, Aldi quavers, ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - Salad dressing (1), quavers (3), ginger sweets and drugs
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 3rd Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Well, I can't remember what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant, but I've gained either 7 or 9lb. Not too shabby for 25+2!!

B - Bacon, tomato and mushroom sandwich

D - Chicken noodle soup, apple, space raiders (3)

T - Chicken stew, syn free and delicious

Hope you're all well
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,059 Thanks
    beanielou
    Was out for my tea last night.
    Had fish & chips & we shared an apple crumble.
    It was very lush.
    GReat food & great company.
    Back on plan today.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 17, 12:11 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,059 Thanks
    beanielou
    Not really sure what happened this week.... but I've just weighed in with a massive 3lb loss. Total loss 5 St 8 lbs
    I'm now half a pound under the minimum threshold.
    I've come straight home from group and eaten all the chocolate in the house
    Originally posted by shipr!!!95

Great loss to the chocolate.

Congrats on losses, Mrs_R and shiprob (wow!).

Well, I am astonished to say I lost 2.2lbs! Must have been that moan! Just need to keep it going now.
    Originally posted by greentiger
    Great result for you

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 17, 12:12 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,059 Thanks
    beanielou
    Mrs R~~That was a loss

• beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 17, 12:14 PM
    • 49,035 Posts
    • 182,059 Thanks
    beanielou
    Top girl~~ That is awesome.
    Be very proud

• maman
    • By maman 3rd Oct 17, 12:33 PM
    • 17,146 Posts
    • 102,518 Thanks
    maman
    Thanks for the chart kathrynha. Although I don't get involved myself I think 40% of target half way through is pretty good going. And that's with a few missing, especially merlin being AWOL who might well have added to the total loss

You're doing brilliantly topgirl. When topbaby's born it will be a piece of cake (sorry wrong metaphor) to get to the weight you'd like to be and (pram pushing is very good Body Magic).

My consultant has suggested having 2 HexB choices daily to maintain my weight.... last night was all about the chocolate
    That's the official (and boring IMO) SW version of how to maintain. I suppose it's good if you really wanted, say, a sandwich at lunchtime but I prefer more syns.

Still struggling in the new world order that is the house with out Son. I'm not pining (honest) it's just that we've always had a meal after walking the dog, which admittedly was too late really, & now we're literally grabbing a sandwich.
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime

Sorry if I'm being dense here but are you saying you only cooked a meal because Son was there to eat it. Doesn't your DH fancy a meal? Sound like pining to me. You poor things. When my DDs left, my biggest problem was still cooking for 4 when there were only 2 of us to eat. Maybe that's why my portions are so huge.

I'm going to add cheese and chorizo to tonight's dinner as I have plenty of syns left.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, 2 boiled eggs, bowl of strawberries, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: LO savoury mince, Speed veg and mash
    D: Austrian ham hash, broccoli
    Syns: chorizo 2, cheese 3
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:56 PM
    • 48,926 Posts
    • 598,566 Thanks
    bubbs
    Here is this weeks chart

* SOTW is the person who has lost the most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    Afternoon all
    Kathrynn thannks for the chart but i lost 1 1/2lb this week so will be over half way 6lbs
    Well done Daeyldthing on SOTW
    Last edited by bubbs; 03-10-2017 at 4:14 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 3:59 PM
    • 48,926 Posts
    • 598,566 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well, I can't remember what I weighed when I found out I was pregnant, but I've gained either 7 or 9lb. Not too shabby for 25+2!!

B - Bacon, tomato and mushroom sandwich

D - Chicken noodle soup, apple, space raiders (3)

T - Chicken stew, syn free and delicious

Hope you're all well
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    Not really sure what happened this week.... but I've just weighed in with a massive 3lb loss. Total loss 5 St 8 lbs
    I'm now half a pound under the minimum threshold.
    I've come straight home from group and eaten all the chocolate in the house
    Congrats on losses, Mrs_R and shiprob (wow!).

Well, I am astonished to say I lost 2.2lbs! Must have been that moan! Just need to keep it going now.
    Originally posted by greentiger
    well done all of you, topgirl thats impressive x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 48,926 Posts
    • 598,566 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yorkshire born and bred - yes, another one on this thread!
    Originally posted by esmy
    I will be there from Sat
    Well done Shiprob and Greentiger on your losses.

Back on plan today, and WI tonight. Once again don't think weigh in will be good. It doesn't deserve to be good, but with my body and the drugs, who knows.

Today's 'plan':
    Breakfast - porridge
    Lunch - pasta salad
    Dinner - noodles
    Snacks - fruit, Aldi quavers, ginger sweets

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    Syns - Salad dressing (1), quavers (3), ginger sweets and drugs
    Good luck tonight Kathryn x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 3rd Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,315 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Well done Daeyldthing on SOTW and many thanks Kathrynha for the chart - hope it goes well for you tonight.

Maman - As weird as it sounds we made an effort to cook because of the son being there ....we don't come in from walking the dog until nearly 8pm and that's really too late to be eating a main meal and we can't cook & eat it beforehand so not cooking it seems to be the way forward lol. I think the trick is to do little meals which have either been batched or slow cooked....a girl can't live by ham roll alone!

There's no excuse really for not batch cooking as I've got the containers apart from the weekends have been manic and the freezer is full of dog food - though I might have a purge on the human food in there!

I'm happy with the way it's going though so that's the main thing....I'd love to reach my overall target by Christmas - as long as I can lose 1.5lbs a week then I will
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • maman
    • By maman 3rd Oct 17, 4:50 PM
    • 17,146 Posts
    • 102,518 Thanks
    maman
    Thanks for explaining gettingtheresometime. There's no problem having a ham roll if that's what suits you. It's just that unless you use your HEB, it's a waste of 6+ syns to me. But if you're still losing steadily then there's nothing to worry about.

I just put something in the SC at the weekend and portion that up. I like the SC because it looks after itself while I'm busy doing other things. At the moment I've got savoury mince, chunky chilli and Bolognese. I find those take away type containers are great for 2 portions. Or you could make some soup to have with your roll. You'll need something when the weather gets colder.

Great idea to get to target for Christmas. You can treat yourself to a lovely outfit.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 6:06 PM
    • 48,926 Posts
    • 598,566 Thanks
    bubbs
    Tonights tea with mint sauce instead of apple sauce as syn free and a drop of gravy
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 3rd Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 186,320 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Well done Shiprob & greentiger !

Still struggling in the new world order that is the house with out Son. I'm not pining (honest) it's just that we've always had a meal after walking the dog, which admittedly was too late really, & now we're literally grabbing a sandwich.

I did batch cook a chilli tonight though so will stick that in the freezer for the future.

Hubby's out tomorrow night so will have a defrosted chilli pasta bake (hopefully it's still edible lol).
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    I know it is really hard when they fly the nest, it takes ages to adjust...... and just as you have got your head around it, the little blighters come back!

Yorkshire born and bred - yes, another one on this thread!
    Originally posted by esmy
    I knew you had class! x

Here is this weeks chart

Well done Daeyldthing

I forgot to get weighed on Saturday.... doh.

I sneaked on them this morning and had a little smile but I have totally lost track of what I had been before.... I may need bubbs to figure it out for me!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 3rd Oct 17, 7:26 PM
    • 15,042 Posts
    • 186,320 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Tonights tea with mint sauce instead of apple sauce as syn free and a drop of gravy
    Originally posted by bubbs
    What no potato!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 48,926 Posts
    • 598,566 Thanks
    bubbs
    I know it is really hard when they fly the nest, it takes ages to adjust...... and just as you have got your head around it, the little blighters come back!

I knew you had class! x

Well done Daeyldthing

I forgot to get weighed on Saturday.... doh.

I sneaked on them this morning and had a little smile but I have totally lost track of what I had been before.... I may need bubbs to figure it out for me!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Pm what you started at what now and will work it out for you
    What no potato!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Dont have potato , no good for my sugar
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 3rd Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 911 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Well done - some good losses coming up. Hopefully mine tomorrow night will be far more successful as I'm languishing behind miserably in the table! Have had a good week and been totally on plan so should be decent, but then I had those few weeks of following it to the letter and having rubbish losses so we shall see!
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 3rd Oct 17, 7:32 PM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 9,075 Thanks
    kathrynha
    2 on for me tonight but with a combination of emotional eating, hormones and medication I expected it
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 48,926 Posts
    • 598,566 Thanks
    bubbs
    Well done - some good losses coming up. Hopefully mine tomorrow night will be far more successful as I'm languishing behind miserably in the table! Have had a good week and been totally on plan so should be decent, but then I had those few weeks of following it to the letter and having rubbish losses so we shall see!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    Good luck x

2 on for me tonight but with a combination of emotional eating, hormones and medication I expected it
    Never mind, you are trying thats the main thing x
    Are you feelinng any better?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,566Posts Today

9,283Users online

Martin's Twitter