Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    • 1,587Posts
    • 7,554Thanks
    kathrynha
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 4th Sep 17, 8:16 AM
    Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017 4th Sep 17 at 8:16 AM
    Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Page 20
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 15th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 1,141 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Day 1 done. I'm a bit hungry tonight, but not hungry enough to face anymore fruit Never used to post my meal plan, but would appreciate any input as I'm so out of touch with the plan.

B apple(s), peach(s), pear(s), Yoplait super frutii yogurt(f), Brooklea cholesterol strawberry drink(2)
    L protein bar(11), Clementine(s)
    D pork(f), noodles(f), green beans(s?), brocolli(s), green pepper(s), soy sauce(f)
    Snacks banana(f), 2xhi-fi bars(heb)
    Hea milk for tea
    Syns 13

Does that look about right? Started working towards my bronze body magic award too. I know I won't stay on plan food wise during my holiday, but hoping that I'll at least stick with the body magic. It might help to curtail the damage.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I may make some egg mayo up and scoop it up with the stuffed cucumber
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Now egg mayo needs to be in a crusty bread roll with loads of butter!

And that thinking made me cuddly!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 9:15 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,438 Thanks
    bubbs
    Day 1 done. I'm a bit hungry tonight, but not hungry enough to face anymore fruit Never used to post my meal plan, but would appreciate any input as I'm so out of touch with the plan.

B apple(s), peach(s), pear(s), Yoplait super frutii yogurt(f), Brooklea cholesterol strawberry drink(2)
    D pork(f), noodles(f), green beans(s?), brocolli(s), green pepper(s), soy sauce(f)
    Hea milk for tea
    Syns 13

Does that look about right? Started working towards my bronze body magic award too. I know I won't stay on plan food wise during my holiday, but hoping that I'll at least stick with the body magic. It might help to curtail the damage.
    Originally posted by Whiplashy
    I am no expert but looks ok to me
    I have never heard of the yoghurts just put them in MSM are they nice?
    Edit why use loads of syns on a protein bar though? could have had a jp , soup, or salad
    Last edited by bubbs; 15-09-2017 at 9:17 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    [COLOR="Magenta"]Stopped Smoking 22/01/15 -3 st 10 1/2 lb week 26
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 9:17 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,438 Thanks
    bubbs

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I have never had butter in sandwiches, on malt loaf (thick slices of both)and bread with your dinner yes
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Sep 17, 9:31 PM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy

Hea milk for tea
    Syns 13

All I can think of is I hope that protein bar was nice!

January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car £450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I have never had butter in sandwiches, on malt loaf (thick slices of both)and bread with your dinner yes
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I'd have butter on all three!

The best is a french stick and butter, and for the filling, a morrison cheese roll.......

I think I am fantasying about food!
    • Whiplashy
    • By Whiplashy 15th Sep 17, 9:43 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 1,141 Thanks
    Whiplashy
    Thanks guys

The protein bar was delicious. I always have a stash of them in for when I'm in a hurry. Lunch was on the run today so very handy. Didn't get to have it until half 4 though. I'd have eaten anything at that stage!

bubbs the yogurts are lovely. They're Greek style which I like and there's a decent layer of fruit.
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 16,660 Posts
    • 99,507 Thanks
    maman
    No need to feel guilty....a little of what you fancy does you a world of good

I'd make a carp consultant
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    Oops! I was agreeing that kathryna should treat herself of course!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,438 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks guys

The protein bar was delicious. I always have a stash of them in for when I'm in a hurry. Lunch was on the run today so very handy. Didn't get to have it until half 4 though. I'd have eaten anything at that stage!

bubbs the yogurts are lovely. They're Greek style which I like and there's a decent layer of fruit.
    Oh thanks, but i dont like greek yoghurts
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Sep 17, 9:57 PM
    • 47,244 Posts
    • 169,869 Thanks
    beanielou
    Watching the 'How To Stay Young' thing on BBC1.
    Scary how many of the participants body age is so higher than their actual age.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Sep 17, 10:07 PM
    • 50,580 Posts
    • 581,438 Thanks
    bubbs
    Watching the 'How To Stay Young' thing on BBC1.
    Scary how many of the participants body age is so higher than their actual age.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Oh not seen that
    • maman
    • By maman 15th Sep 17, 10:10 PM
    • 16,660 Posts
    • 99,507 Thanks
    maman
    Looks fine to me too whiplashy but I'm with the others on the protein bar. It's your choice of course but I could use syns for all sorts before that.

I'm being angelic tonight. Alcohol free on a Friday is almost unheard of for me.

I'm trying to save my syns for meals out. We're out for a late lunch tomorrow. I've looked at the menu and there's a salad with salmon that looks OK for me.

I bought easy peelers today and I've had 2 already. Strangely enough I don't really like yogurt but I do enjoy thick Greek yogurt on fruit. I bought a pack of frozen raspberries today to have with it.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 15th Sep 17, 10:12 PM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Looks fine to me too whiplashy but I'm with the others on the protein bar. It's your choice of course but I could use syns for all sorts before that.

I'm being angelic tonight. Alcohol free on a Friday is almost unheard of for me.

I'm trying to save my syns for meals out. We're out for a late lunch tomorrow. I've looked at the menu and there's a salad with salmon that looks OK for me.

I bought easy peelers today and I've had 2 already. Strangely enough I don't really like yogurt but I do enjoy thick Greek yogurt on fruit. I bought a pack of frozen raspberries today to have with it.
    Originally posted by maman
    You MUST be ill!

• greentiger
    • By greentiger 15th Sep 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 14,099 Thanks
    greentiger
    Well done, beanie and esmy.

Like the look of that lunch too, bubbs. I like the ‘cucumber sandwich’. Although I’m not sure about the crispbread topping – it looks like banana and tomato to me! I like both of those, but together? Oh, just saw another post suggesting it’s egg mayo (which I love and which makes much more sense), but there is hardly any. One egg, ‘mayoed’, would surely be a bit more generous looking (as would a banana, come to think of it).

I do miss butter …. I may need to go and have a buttery piece now …… I’ve been ‘off plan’ today, sheep and lambs and hanging come to mind.
    Stashbusting 141/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 14/17
    Reading Challenge 19/40
    Film Challenge 30/52
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 16th Sep 17, 12:11 AM
    • 10,214 Posts
    • 18,427 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    Hi all
    Sorry not been around much but have been lurking. Had the day from hell- OH managed to break the lock on the front door and then when I sorted it and told him what to do, he rang and started shouting at me that it wouldn't work and I would have to come home and pay for a locksmith to come and sort it! I went ballistic at him needless to say- he then had the audacity to say he didn't know why I needed to go out and I should stay at home! I made him well aware he was truly in the doghouse. So while I was waiting for the locksmith I decided to make a batch of pasties- and I managed to burn my arm taking them out! The burn looked nasty so I legged it round to the GP's and thankfully it was nothing serious. He prescribed some cream which the chemist didn't have. 'Come and pick it up on Monday' they said. I was getting pretty exasperated by now- I just about patiently pointed out I was 200 miles away in Newcastle on Monday. 'Oh we can ring our other branch and you can just drive up there now and pick it up.' they said. Biting my lip I said 'I don't drive.' Oh so what do you want to do then? They asked. So I asked for the prescription back and called the branch of Boots in town that opened until 8pm. Luckily they had it and so I was able to get into town and pick it up.
    I finally managed to sit down for half an hour while I ate at around 9pm- aside from sitting down on the bus and a brief sit down in the shopping centre while I spoke on the phone to mum earlier it was the first time I had sat down all day! Good news at the doctors this morning though- I no longer qualify for the flu jab as my BMI is now under 40!
    Today's menu was:
    B: HEXB HIFi x 2, Apple, easy peeler, HEXA carton of choc soya milk + 1.5 syns
    L: Corned beef pastie (6.5 syns) Mushroom and garlic cous cous, big salad. 1/2 a litre of water
    T: Sweet chilli chicken (3 syns for sauce) carrots, sugar snap peas, baby corn, broccoli, cauliflower
    S: Fab lolly (4 syns) cup of peppermint tea

Syns: 15
    Body magic: not stopped all day!

Off to London tomorrow for the rugby. Naturally after what happened both friend and I are a little apprehensive- especially as we were due to travel on the District Line to Richmond but now catching a train instead.

Night all xx
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit Graduate! ❤️DMU MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and pleased to be sponsor for the 2nd season ❤️ 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Sep 17, 10:17 AM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Flip Mrs_Ryan, I would be tempted to become Ms_Ryan. Hope Mr_Ryan is kept in the dog house for a very long time..... you know the old motto, 'treat them mean, keep them keen'..... have fun implementing this!

I've been on the scales, I really do need to buy a set of scales that are not 30 years old, and glasses so I can see the dial! The scales appeared to be moving between 3 lbs and 2 lbs.... so I'll say 2 lbs which I am pleased with as I need a ***.... I wonder what that will weigh!

On a negative note, we have rats in the joists. We used to get them every Autumn, but OH replaced all our drains which reduced the annual invasion. Then next year they came back, I asked the neighbours if they had them... they said no. OH checked and double checked to see where they were coming in, no sign. He went through loads of poison, but they still kept coming back. Then OH saw a van at the neighbours which appeared to be vermin control. He spoke to the male neighbour - they had had them for months, and had been paying a fortune for treatment. So OH went around their house and blocked any holes - they disappeared... clearly had been they were getting through the attach neighbours house...!

OH has been back around the outside of the house, they appear to be getting in above their conservatory, which OH cannot get to without erecting scaffolding. OH continued to put poison/traps out.

Well all night the rats have been having a wild party in the joists above our bed. OH has just checked the traps/poison. One trap has disappeared! Another trap has a live rat in it, it's leg is caught (they are supposed to be human) and the poison has got. OH is up there now trying to figure out what to do with the life rat. I will keep out of the way!
    • esmy
    • By esmy 16th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 780 Posts
    • 2,262 Thanks
    esmy
    [QUOTE=greentiger;73131966

I do miss butter …. I may need to go and have a buttery piece now …… I’ve been ‘off plan’ today, sheep and lambs and hanging come to mind.[/QUOTE]

I bought butter yesterday to make a birthday cake for Dad (91 tomorrow!) - what I don't use will have to go in the freezer as all this talk of crusty bread and butter is sorely tempting!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 16th Sep 17, 10:31 AM
    • 15,048 Posts
    • 182,857 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I bought butter yesterday to make a birthday cake for Dad (91 tomorrow!) - what I don't use will have to go in the freezer as all this talk of crusty bread and butter is sorely tempting!
    Originally posted by esmy
    Sorry, I will try not to dream of food on here!

I've just noticed that Branson baked beans are 201 calories for half a tin. Heinz are 150 for half a tin.

I do prefer Branston, but I won't be buying them again!
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 16th Sep 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,080 Posts
    • 7,536 Thanks
    Top Girl

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy

I used to think that then I tried a Spud U Like special of egg mayo and cheddar in a jacket potato and I love it.

I can do it for about 2 syns (aldi lighter than light mayo + HEXA) on a large salad now and it feels like a cheat meal, I use strong cheddar so I need less
    • Moneysaverme
    • By Moneysaverme 16th Sep 17, 10:42 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    Moneysaverme
    Morning all,

Haven't read, will catch up later. Just popping on in a rush to say I've lost 3lbs this week. Something is definitely working these past couple of weeks. Good luck everyone x
    Weight loss 2017 - 27.5 lbs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter